The Falkirk FC Thread

Continuing as we did last season, momentum and a team knowing each other hopefully gets us off to a flier this season.

Beating the Championship winners convincingly without last seasons main left back or CH pairing and a lowland league player in his debut out of position I wonder what the moans will be about, Bovril prices?

Adams looked composed, great start from him.

3 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Did not make today as just returned from hols.  Great result. How was McKenna and where did he play?

McKenna only came on for the last 10 mins and was in the centre of midfield, looked decent enough and put in a couple of decent challenges. 

Keelan Adams take a bow mate. Calm, Composed, up against 3 decent premiership strikers and absolutely strolled it. I was worried about how we would cope with so many CHs out but misplaced passes from Hogarth aside, I think Dundee Utd only had 1 decent chance?

10 minutes ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

I wonder what the moans will be about, Bovril prices?

Apparently the pie stalls were deserted today. Hopefully the ridiculous prices will be getting reviewed 

4 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Apparently the pie stalls were deserted today. Hopefully the ridiculous prices will be getting reviewed 

They were actually. I never have it a second though but zero queue whe I paid 3 quid a crack for Pepsi max 🤣

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Anyway, just have to say I'm quite chuffed the the DU fans. They came down in good numbers and they were probably slightly worried that they had missed the boat in terms of coming to see the invincibles, but despite almost a full back line missing, we gave them the full experience and I'm sure they're going up the road with loads to talk about. 

Agree. 

How fat is Tony Watt though? I felt like Zola Budd when he came on. 

Really impressive performance and a nice message (yet again) to send out to the rest of our league that we weren't just good against tier 3 opposition. Made premier league United look very ordinary indeed.

Thought the whole team played well. Particular mention to Keelan Adams who looks class.

Hoping that the confidence in the unbeaten run and the fact the players know each other and the tactics means we will carry this into the opening quarter of the league where most other teams are bedding in. Superb day out again at the stadium.

Edit to add - a crowd of 3,300 odd at £15 average a pop (not including other purchases) would swell the potential loan market coffers by £50K! Assuming none of this goes to United? Also gives us a superb chance of gettimng through to the next round out of the group and even more cash.

Edited by bridge of allan bairn

We were very good today, didn't have a failure. I thought Nesbitt started quietly but came on to a game and was excellent 2nd half. Mackie looked a wee bit ropey at times but was good overall. Hogarth's kicking is a concern.

You would have thought that Adams and Henderson had been playing together for years, both were brilliant and Adams looks a real find.

1 minute ago, ShaggerG said:

We were very good today, didn't have a failure. I thought Nesbitt started quietly but came on to a game and was excellent 2nd half. Mackie looked a wee bit ropey at times but was good overall. Hogarth's kicking is a concern.

You would have thought that Adams and Henderson had been playing together for years, both were brilliant and Adams looks a real find.

People have said for years we should be scouting the juniors. From what is reported re Adams they are not wrong. Now what about guarding the post?

4 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Edit to add - a crowd of 3,300 odd at £15 average a pop (not including other purchases) would swell the potential loan market coffers by £50K! Assuming none of this goes to United? Also gives us a superb chance of gettimng through to the next round out of the group and even more cash.

I wish. Take off VAT, bear in mind concessions, and lop-off security expenses of a few grand. Then it’s halfers I think. Lucky to make five figures. More important is the chance it gives us to win the group, which is lucrative.