The Falkirk FC Thread

4 hours ago, Hampden Roar said:

Hearts in Scottish cup when it chucked down with rain the BBC pic was rotten and FTV was rain free….imo the only time you’ll get an East camera position will be if and when the 4th side is ever built

Anyone remember the Scottish Cup tie in 2009 v QoS? Take a look at the pictures from that game and it would tell you how daft a move would be. 

7 minutes ago, North West said:

See you mutant bams on Saturday.

Home win for the Pars.

Hope you'll be able to drag your flabby carcass off your sisters mattress on the floor to watch your basket case team get ridden all over the park....easy 3 points for the Navy Blue Army. GIRFUY.

A good list of maintenance and upgrades happening now, glad the clubs in a financial position (grants included) to take care of it before it becomes a problem.

In regards to FTV it might not be feasible to move them to the other side and budgets will be allocated this year but I wouldn't object to a month of FSS monies going towards kit etc. where it could bring a bit better matchday and highlights package particularly for folk abroad who can't make the games. 

10 hours ago, Blame Me said:

Out-of-interest, was the multi-camera setup implemented on the live stream on Friday @Bairn in Exile?

Our highlights appear to suggest it wasn't but that could just be a lack of time between editing and publishing.

I asked about this when I was in earlier. More cameras have been ordered but they're waiting on kit to arrive. 

People moaning about people suggesting improvements are worse than people moaning ffs.

It's not practical just now to film from the east side, but the original post wasn't a bad suggestion. Shouldn't strive for improvements on and off the park just because we are doing well at the moment.

Personally cannot wait for light shows! 

Have a spot light for the crossbar challenge and disco lighting to whip up the crowd before night games.

i would like us to get a jumbotron big screen, .have it at the corner beside the away stand and the open end. Make it so it can face the road to Grangemouth and on match days swivel it round to face the pitch. Would be great for flogging advertising. 

Great to see the improvements in the stadium infrastructure.

But what pisses me right off is that the Falkirk District Council are not liable for a penny.

Await the usual suspects pile on for highlighting how our club got well and truly screwed. We have another 70 years of the lease and god knows what we will have paid. It could have built a stadium 2 - 3 times over.

1 minute ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

But what pisses me right off is that the Falkirk District Council are not liable for a penny.

Await the usual suspects pile on for highlighting how our club got well and truly screwed. We have another 70 years of the lease and god knows what we will have paid. It could have built a stadium 2 - 3 times over.

Why would the council pay for a fence in a stand fully.owned by us 🤣

36 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Why on earth would the council pay for maintenance on a stand owned by Sandy Alexander? Or upgrades on a stand fully owned by the club? The council maintain the parts of the main stand they own and the club do likewise with they’re sections of the stand or stands which are owned by the club, not sure how on earth else it’s supposed to work to be honest. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

I can't wait to see the evidence to back up this claim. 

I have no idea of costs, just as the vast majority of us ordinary fans won't. The only evidence I have is a podcast from the directors discussing the stadium deal. In that podcast. Keith Gourlay (director) said that:- 

We pay no rent. 

We have free use of the top floor facilities on a matchday. (ie boardroom and hospitality lounges) 

We pay a proportionate contribution to the upkeep of the stadium, which varies each year depending on how many things need fixed. 

We have a good relationship with the council who are sympathetic and supportive towards FFC. 

How does that equate to us paying the council money that could build us a stadium 2 or 3 times over? 

Please provide evidence. Not opinions or speculation based on your own bias. 

Edited by Bainsfordbairn
spelling

35 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

According to the update at least one part of the upgrade is getting council funding.

Floodlights
Fans may remember last season we upgraded the lights on the main stand to LED. We are currently upgrading the two towers to LED which will improve the quality and consistency of the lighting, whilst also helping the club to become more energy efficient. The new lighting will also achieve 800 Lux which is the standard required for the Scottish Premiership. The full installation will be completed later this month. These floodlights will also be equipped with a software which allows for light shows; however, this will not be fully operational until later in the year.

This upgrade has been achieved thanks to an (interest-free energy loan and a grant from Falkirk Council), thus ensuring there is no impact on the football budget or operation budget. A huge thanks to Halliday Lighting for their support.

Edited by GMBairn