The Falkirk FC Thread

Ewen was his usual self, ie full of bravado, on the podcast 😂 but had loads of good stuff to say about the club unlike Steven Mill last week.

He obviously isn’t backing us on Saturday and disagrees with our predictions but was a good laugh/sport and worth a listen tomorrow. 

5 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Apologies for linking the absolute rag that is the Record, but…

May there be more years of twisting and swerving to come.

Fantastic news, would be crazy to presume other clubs aren’t already looking at him.  Good to see the club being proactive. 

1 hour ago, Blame Me said:

Not to dismiss the point but the Ultras are the catalyst not the catalysis - the atmosphere we're all experiencing is everyone getting involved whether they're in the KM or not.

Great credit goes to U1876 as they've brought the main stand wrapper rustlers along with them.

When you hear the highlights from yesterday, that's a full away end reverberating, lead expertly by the Ultras.

📣👏📣👏

Fair play to the young lad at the front with the megaphone yesterday who despite paying for his ticket spent the whole game with his back to the pitch 😄

With Nesbitt and Morrison out for hearts it'll be interesting to see how we play. Lang, while undoubtedly a miss has been well covered by Henderson. Oliver did well for Nesbitt yesterday and agyeman has a real opportunity to show what he can do from the start (if he does indeed start). 

Free hit, so just hope we have a real go at them which I'm sure we will at home. By all counts they were terrible yesterday against Dundee, albeit they changed a winning side from the previous week, so maybe they'll revert back.

Just now, bridge of allan bairn said:

With Nesbitt and Morrison out for hearts it'll be interesting to see how we play. Lang, while undoubtedly a miss has been well covered by Henderson. Oliver did well for Nesbitt yesterday and agyeman has a real opportunity to show what he can do from the start (if he does indeed start). 

Free hit, so just hope we have a real go at them which I'm sure we will at home. By all counts they were terrible yesterday against Dundee, albeit they changed a winning side from the previous week, so maybe they'll revert back.

Not quite a winning side... They drew with the blue arse cheek.

6 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

Fair play to the young lad at the front with the megaphone yesterday who despite paying for his ticket spent the whole game with his back to the pitch 😄

The other thing was the lack of the “naughty” songs. Looks like they policed themselves pretty well. 

10 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

... agyeman has a real opportunity to show what he can do from the start (if he does indeed start). 

I think Ethan Ross will get the nod even though it's not his preferred side. I can even see Miller switching flank to accommodate ER coming in to the team.

Edited by Blame Me
Repetition

38 minutes ago, BPM said:

The other thing was the lack of the “naughty” songs. Looks like they policed themselves pretty well. 

Similarly to last week, a couple of times any of that shite started it just didn't catch on. I was in the queue for a pie and heard a few older (well into their 50s If I were to guess) guys lamenting the fact that some folk shout down anyone who starts that shite. These auld boys seemed to be of the opinion that everyone should just sing whatever abuse they wanted. So theres definitely an element outside of the Ultras who are desperate to keep that shite going whilst the Ultras are coming up with new songs and positive support for whats on the park, rather than pathetic, tit for tat goading of whats on the opposite terrace

Edited by Bairnardo

9 minutes ago, DennyYaBass said:

Incredibly satisfying to see how quickly those tramps jumped ship as soon as Cal buried the penalty.

The full on exodus started as soon as the ref pointed to the spot they didnt wait to see him bury it. An absolute treat tbh

28 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Similarly to last week, a couple of times any of that shite started it just didn't catch on. I was in the queue for a pie and heard a few older (well into their 50s If I were to guess) guys lamenting the fact that some folk shout down anyone who starts that shite. These auld boys seemed to be of the opinion that everyone should just sing whatever abuse they wanted. So theres definitely an element outside of the Ultras who are desperate to keep that shite going whilst the Ultras are coming up with new songs and positive support for whats on the park, rather than pathetic, tit for tat goading of whats on the opposite terrace

I’ll take the 50s on board as I’m on the + that age. Corrected a few of the Ultras at Haymarket when some decided to start the abhorrent shite and tbh didn’t hear a peep thereafter. 
Didnt hear anything at the game, in the Elizabethan there was one or boisterous songs but nothing but the usual banter. Credit and thanks to the staff at the Elizabethan, great service and what a shift. 

Delighted to read the news that we’ve opened discussions with MacIver regarding a new deal. I did have a worry that we didn’t have him tied down so pleased the club are looking to address this

13 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

12 minutes odd for the penalty decision. 

Still not convinced it is a penalty

Honestly, I don’t understand why so many fellow Bairns don’t think it’s a penalty!

I watched this one today and Tait is completely taken out. There’s no vigorous complaints from the Dunfermline players either. 
I think it’s a pretty clear penalty and an easy decision for the referee.

I get that we are being more sympathetic to Pars fans than usual but this is getting ridiculous……

Edited by roman_bairn