The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Your son was superb today.

😂 for balance I’ll also say I thought Mackie was immense today. And I can’t believe less than a year ago Keelan Adams was playing non-league, what an absolute find he is btw. Genuinely think he’s got levels to go considering it’s like less than 10 professional games he’s had?! 

Mackie and Oliver both outstanding. Don’t really want to single anyone out as all were fantastic but the improvement in those two is immeasurable. All down to McGlynn, telling you. 

1 hour ago, Rugster said:

Mackie and Oliver both outstanding. Don’t really want to single anyone out as all were fantastic but the improvement in those two is immeasurable. All down to McGlynn, telling you. 

Genuinely think pretty much all our squad worship that guy.

Edited by Ranaldo Bairn

13 minutes ago, malbairn said:

😂 for balance I’ll also say I thought Mackie was immense today. And I can’t believe less than a year ago Keelan Adams was playing non-league, what an absolute find he is btw. Genuinely think he’s got levels to go considering it’s like less than 10 professional games he’s had?! 

Adams really does have a Davie Weir look to him (in terms of background and potential).

Could see him playing levels higher than this in a couple of years time.

4 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Adams really does have a Davie Weir look to him (in terms of background and potential).

Certainly one level up, the way we're going 

4 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Yeah and then maybe after his first full season in the Prem we could sell him

I think another big bonus we have is the versatility of a large number of our squad. Most have the ability to play another position if need be and this will be great when injuries and sispensions hit as they will do. All good. Wonder if Hogarth has ever played striker!

19 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

I think another big bonus we have is the versatility of a large number of our squad. Most have the ability to play another position if need be and this will be great when injuries and sispensions hit as they will do. All good. Wonder if Hogarth has ever played striker!

No but I bet super hendo can if needed . He reminds me of baptie solid at the back , ball winner in midfield and a goal threat if ever needed up front !

5 hours ago, Blame Me said:

Can someone who knows the musical director for the U1876 get to work on sorting "The White Pele" for Sean Mackie 😊

His footwork was outstanding; defended brilliantly and no complaints he was MotM.

He just pipped Nicky, Hendo - glad I didn't have to choose 😅

👏

I saw my mate the other day, he said he’d saw the white Pele, who is that I had to say, he goes by the name of Sean Mackie, Sean Mackie Sean Mackie he goes by the name of Sean Mackie

1 hour ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

I can mind as clear as day Davie Weir's debut. Came through from uni in Glasgow with a brutal hangover, (me, not him) got into the ground at 3:10, peered at kenspeckle defender, thought "Is that McLaughlin back? He was meant to be out for ages".  Realised it was some noob, and then watched as starlet Duncan Ferguson was not afforded a kick. The best debut I've ever seen. (I was not at Crunchie v Leeds).

1v1 draw, Scott Sloan scored for us, Paddy Connolly went round the keeper and missed an open goal for them.

4 or 5 years later when I met my now wife, it turned out she knew him and she and her previous lad had been on a double date with him and his girlfriend when he was back from the States at one point. It's a small world!

5 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Had a few pal 😂.

No pal no drink tonight had enough last night 😩 just answering the poster who wanted the white pele song for Sean Mackie. It’s actually a Man United song about Wayne Rooney but he couldn’t lace big Sean’s boots 🤣

1 hour ago, Stainrod said:

No but I bet super hendo can if needed . He reminds me of baptie solid at the back , ball winner in midfield and a goal threat if ever needed up front !

MacIver is 'Baptie' for me, can play up top or defence. 👍

Echoing comments on Alfie for the 2nd goal, it wouldn't have happened if he hadn't hustled Gordon in to a mistake., never gave up. Well done big man. Hope he and Miller get both their contracts extended ASAP.

2 hours ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

Today felt really special. The result helped for sure, but the place just felt so together. We can definitely say we've pulled our club back. 

No sh*t we've all pulled our Club back! The two lads that scored today (Tait & Ross) credited as being 'paid for by the fans'. And worth every penny. 👏  

Edited by GunnerBairn