The Falkirk FC Thread

Fantastic news and what a boost for the guy and the club. He’s got every right to play at a higher level and hoping it’s us. For me he wouldn’t be out of place in most of the lower half premier clubs, same for Spencer, Tait and would put a fit Nesbitt in that gang. Still pinch myself about Tait. Watched his positioning off the ball in past few games, he’s a genuine class act. How he’s slipped through at Hibs, didn’t fit in at Hamilton is just weird.

50 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Fantastic news and what a boost for the guy and the club. He’s got every right to play at a higher level and hoping it’s us. For me he wouldn’t be out of place in most of the lower half premier clubs, same for Spencer, Tait and would put a fit Nesbitt in that gang. Still pinch myself about Tait. Watched his positioning off the ball in past few games, he’s a genuine class act. How he’s slipped through at Hibs, didn’t fit in at Hamilton is just weird.

McGlynn's knows him inside out and gives him the freedom to go play which is why we're seeing the best version of him.

Doesn't help how much of a basket case Hibs were but there's plenty of examples of players just not fitting in at certain clubs and flourishing at others. Kyle Turner managed 5 goals and 11 assists for Partick in the 22/23 season where they missed out on promotion via the playoffs in the last game. Signed for Ross County that summer and ended up back on loan to the championship in the January.

Edited by FFC 1876

Tait’s improvement over the summer has gone under the radar slightly.

Last season he was a useful January addition that helped the squad get the league over the line and to invincible.

This season he’s been pretty much our best player.

1 hour ago, JS_FFC said:

Last season he was a useful January addition that helped the squad get the league over the line and to invincible.

Would agree with that. Tait is now first name on the team sheet for me.

1 hour ago, JS_FFC said:

IMO he has been that almost from the day he walked through the door

44 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Would agree with that. Tait is now first name on the team sheet for me.

Tait has to cut out these silly bookings and one of these flying tackles he dishes out is going to get him sent off with a multi game ban.

Its a part of his game that needs to be worked on.

34 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Tait has to cut out these silly bookings and one of these flying tackles he dishes out is going to get him sent off with a multi game ban.

Its a part of his game that needs to be worked on.

Get it , but it’s part of his game, difficult to change and part of his DNA. 

3 hours ago, JS_FFC said:

Don’t think there has been an improvement, he has been outstanding since he signed.

I think with Tait what you are seeing is an ever improving relationship with Spencer. It's not player improvement per se, more that they are getting to the point of being an absolutely outstanding partnership in the same way you often see with centre half's 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

I think with Tait what you are seeing is an ever improving relationship with Spencer. It's not player improvement per se, more that they are getting to the point of being an absolutely outstanding partnership in the same way you often see with centre half's 

This.

I would love to see Yeats get a run in midfield beside them.

Tait and Spencer in midfield have been absolutely different class. Really top notch.

I also think compared with last season, fair enough we conceded 2 poor goals on Saturday the defence has been excellent.

For me Mackie and Adams have been a revelation and attacking wise big upgrades on Yeats and McCann. Who I both rate but they give us so much more going forward.

Also the partnership of Donaldson and Hendo is solid and they stroll through most games. Added to that Nicky has come on leaps and bounds I have to say I wasn't overly confident with him being number 1. He has been excellent.

Arguably 2 of our big hitters from last season have still to click into gear. Morrison has obviously been injured/ill so not up to speed. And Calvin being played out of position hasn't helped him. When they get going that is quite a few goals for us.

At the moment we are looking really good, long may it continue.

7 minutes ago, AriG-FFC said:

Tait and Spencer in midfield have been absolutely different class. Really top notch.

I also think compared with last season, fair enough we conceded 2 poor goals on Saturday the defence has been excellent.

For me Mackie and Adams have been a revelation and attacking wise big upgrades on Yeats and McCann. Who I both rate but they give us so much more going forward.

Also the partnership of Donaldson and Hendo is solid and they stroll through most games. Added to that Nicky has come on leaps and bounds I have to say I wasn't overly confident with him being number 1. He has been excellent.

Arguably 2 of our big hitters from last season have still to click into gear. Morrison has obviously been injured/ill so not up to speed. And Calvin being played out of position hasn't helped him. When they get going that is quite a few goals for us.

At the moment we are looking really good, long may it continue.

Agree with all of that other than Mackie being better than McCann from an attacking point of view. I think McCann is better and links up with Miller much better down the left. Hope he starts on Saturday as he hasn't kicked a ball so far this season and needs the game time.

11 hours ago, Springfield said:

Get it , but it’s part of his game, difficult to change and part of his DNA. 

Of course you don't want to take that competitive aggression out his game. But it is an aspect of the game that can be coached.

Jockeying the opponent to pick your moment. timing etc its all part of the all round game that can be coached.

I think all the players have stepped up a level really well, including Hogarth and MacIver - which were possibly the two positions many of us thought might need strengthened over the Summer. Even 'squad' players like Mackie and Oliver haven't looked remotely out of their depth 

Obviously we are up against better individuals, stronger quicker defenders and more technical forwards and that has shown at times.

However, Spencer and Tait have continued to absolutely #ball their way through matches with the same ease as they did in League 1 and opposition midfielders can't get near them. As long as they continue their level of performance we are going to be a nightmare for anyone to play against this season  

Whilst Tait has improved since he joined that may be partly down to getting a bit of proper match sharpness. He was in-and-out the Hamilton team in the first half of last season and didn't nail down a starting place with us until March when Henderson dropped back to cover Lang's injury. I believe he played further forward earlier in his career and it's clear to see mcGlynn has identified his best position and he's flourishing there. Still only 22 and plenty of attributes to go far in the game if he keeps screwing the nut 

Listening to FD and seen a couple of mentions here... I assume McGlynn was the root of it I've maybe missed it, but the talk of Lang being almost ready to come back caught me off guard. Some of the language a mere few weeks ago was that he might not play football again. Absolutely.delighted for him if it is indeed the case. And indeed, for the strength of the squad

22 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Listening to FD and seen a couple of mentions here... I assume McGlynn was the root of it I've maybe missed it, but the talk of Lang being almost ready to come back caught me off guard. Some of the language a mere few weeks ago was that he might not play football again. Absolutely.delighted for him if it is indeed the case. And indeed, for the strength of the squad

4:50 onwards, Lang and Sneddon a few weeks away, Nesbitt hopefully back in training this week.