The Falkirk FC Thread

St. J.

I dunno.

John & Paul in their last two jobs (Raith, Falkirk) have been working with a 1st team squad of 20-22 players plus several u21s. Very much hands on…….they take the training each day, from planning the content and overseeing the execution.

I’m not so sure St. J offer an equivalent set up. Larger first team squad, and a reserve team. I would imagine official 1st team coach(es) would be/is in place plus an expansion of football management duties. J&P clearly love 4-2-3-1 and have taken great care in assembling the players to play in that system at TFS.

I can’t believe either of our managers have enjoyed their careers as much as the last year and a bit with Falkirk. 
Their job here is not finished.

Edited by HonestAl
Grammar

30 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Both managers fcked off when the £ was agreed. 

So you feel that it's solely down to money then? What makes you think that St Johnstone can offer much more money than us? I know nothing about St Johnstone's finances, but I would think that, to leave what he's building here, they would surely have to offer him at least double what we're paying him? Add that to the compensation that they would have to pay us...

If Mcglynn is the one the Saints want I could see him and Smith going, we’ll probably offer half of what a prem club can give them on at least a 2/3 year deal. Despite what he’s done for us though I’m not sure he’s an appointment that would satisfy fans of Prem clubs. Fingers crossed 🤞 

I don’t think that McGlynn will go. The club has backed him as best that they can financially and allowed him to build his own squad, cash limitations aside. The board stuck by him when a good number of the fanbase, myself included, wanted him gone after the play-off game. I think that he appreciates that loyalty, support and understanding.

What does he get at St. Johnstone (apart from double the salary 😋)? A new owner who on the face of it seems pretty ruthless.  Do St. Johnstone already have the players at McDiarmid Park to allow his team to play his preferred system? Would he be given about 2 years to build his own team while initially trying to fight off relegation? Go down this season and I think that he would be out the door.

McGlynn knows that he has so much credit in the bank for the invincibles season that he has a job here for life almost. I don’t think that he will be tempted.

If he is in the frame then I hope the Board are thinking clearly about who after McGlynn if he goes (not convinced he will TBH). Other than money (and he would get considerably more there) I don’t see the attraction going there compared to what he has rolling at Falkirk.

You just need to look at the farce in Kirkcaldy to see what happens when you don’t really have a plan, but claim you have. Hope this is settled quickly one way or other. 

I wouldn't think he'd go to St Johnstone, but I wouldn't bet against them trying. They're a more boring club than you lot are but they do have more cash available. As one of you fans just said you should be more worried about Hearts coming in. They'd likely be tight and unambitious enough to come try for McGlynn. 

25 minutes ago, North West said:

I wouldn't think he'd go to St Johnstone, but I wouldn't bet against them trying. They're a more boring club than you lot are but they do have more cash available. As one of you fans just said you should be more worried about Hearts coming in. They'd likely be tight and unambitious enough to come try for McGlynn. 

The Office Steve Carell GIF - The Office Steve Carell Michael Scott -  Discover & Share GIFs

32 minutes ago, North West said:

At least you know that you are safe and Mcpake is going nowhere apart from league 1

7 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

So you feel that it's solely down to money then? What makes you think that St Johnstone can offer much more money than us? I know nothing about St Johnstone's finances, but I would think that, to leave what he's building here, they would surely have to offer him at least double what we're paying him? Add that to the compensation that they would have to pay us...

We had £5m+ in the bank at our last accounts m8, if we wanted him we could get him.

But we won't want him. There's zero point worrying about him leaving, or debating this for more than a day, because we won't be considering him for the job. He's only the "favourite" because someone stuck a fiver on him as the market opened.

Suspect by the weekend the real favourite will be clear.

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

We had £5m+ in the bank at our last accounts m8, if we wanted him we could get him.

But we won't want him. There's zero point worrying about him leaving, or debating this for more than a day, because we won't be considering him for the job. He's only the "favourite" because someone stuck a fiver on him as the market opened.

I don't think you will want him either but deluding yourself if you think your wee club have money to spend on compensation.  You will likely go for someone like Ian Murray. 

Lazy bookies looking for most successful current manager down the leagues and Mcglynn currently fits that description 

3 minutes ago, Higgenarse said:

I don't think you will want him either but deluding yourself if you think your wee club have money to spend on compensation. 

There's no "delusion" about it, we could comfortably afford McGlynn.

But i look forward to Saints have zero interest in him, never going for him, and Falkirk fans gloating about "keeping him" because Saints are such a diddy side.

24 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

IMG_6220.webp