The Falkirk FC Thread

20 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

There's no "delusion" about it, we could comfortably afford McGlynn.

But i look forward to Saints have zero interest in him, never going for him, and Falkirk fans gloating about "keeping him" because Saints are such a diddy side.

What a strange thing to be this riled up about.

You don't want him, we want to keep him.... And yet here you are?

23 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

There's no "delusion" about it, we could comfortably afford McGlynn.

But i look forward to Saints have zero interest in him, never going for him, and Falkirk fans gloating about "keeping him" because Saints are such a diddy side.

You would have to sell a fair few funeral teas to afford him. Look forward to passing your wee team on the way up. Your wee team have been punching above their weight for a long time. A more affordable option might be someone from the Northern Irish league 

4 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

With Random on this.

Saints sell funeral purveys by the million, so have plenty of cash to afford him if they want.

I think they will look elsewhere though.

I agree, it’s that boring just now at McDiarmid that folk are queuing up to die, think Saints will look elsewhere.

5 minutes ago, Higgenarse said:

You would have to sell a fair few funeral teas to afford him. Look forward to passing your wee team on the way up. Your wee team have been punching above their weight for a long time. A more affordable option might be someone from the Northern Irish league 

I doubt he'd even cost much into 6 figures, at most. Managers contracts don't work the same as players in terms of buying them out.

As for the "wee club" thing. We've exactly the same amount of major trophies and have a much longer time spent in the top flight over both clubs history. It's the weirdest thing I've ever seen when fans of clubs like yours and Dunfermline try and act you're much larger because you get a few hundred more fans.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I doubt he'd even cost much into 6 figures, at most. Managers contracts don't work the same as players in terms of buying them out.

As for the "wee club" thing. We've exactly the same amount of major trophies and have a much longer time spent in the top flight over both clubs history. It's the weirdest thing I've ever seen when fans of clubs like yours and Dunfermline try and act you're much larger because you get a few hundred more fans.

More than a few hundred I'm afraid.

Enjoy your relegation haunted season with your new unheard of manager 

10 hours ago, Higgenarse said:

Bookies making Mcglynn favourite, this is bollocks.  He wants to manage in the Premier league but even if he wanted to St Johnstone can't afford him. Even if they found the money they would have to pay money for any player Mcglynn wanted to take with him 

Even McBookie are saying those odds are plucked out of thin air. I'll await them releasing a market and even then take it with a huge pinch of salt.

https://x.com/McBookie/status/1836138683847618722?t=sL1sGq6WcRrffDgypxyt1g&s=19

32 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Sorry Random but that's nonsense.

Last season in league 1 our average home attendance was 4,750, 99% of whom were Falkirk supporters.

Your average home attendance last season was 4,663, this figure being boosted by visits from the Arse Cheeks, the 2 Edinburgh clubs and Dundee.

You are being delusional if you think almost all of the 4,663 were home supporters. The difference in home support has to be at least 1,000 in our favour.

Not sure how manager’s wages compare to assistant managers but would Paul Smith make more from being promoted to manager here than following McGlynn to Perth as number 2?

We should go for as much continuity as possible. 

Edited by JS_FFC

3 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Sorry Random but that's nonsense.

Last season in league 1 our average home attendance was 4,750, 99% of whom were Falkirk supporters.

Your average home attendance last season was 4,663, this figure being boosted by visits from the Arse Cheeks, the 2 Edinburgh clubs and Dundee.

You are being delusional if you think almost all of the 4,663 were home supporters. The difference in home support has to be at least 1,000 in our favour.

Almost like having an invincible title winning season is more appealing than £28 to watch a dogshit side try and draw their way to safety.

26 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

Even McBookie are saying those odds are plucked out of thin air. I'll await them releasing a market and even then take it with a huge pinch of salt.

https://x.com/McBookie/status/1836138683847618722?t=sL1sGq6WcRrffDgypxyt1g&s=19

Tommy Wright and Rhys McCabe will be favourites. McCabe was apparently the choice if Levein had chucked it in the Summer. Someone on our thread hinting at Jim Magilton too.

It's hard to know what'll happen with new owners though, but I'm certain it won't be McGlynn.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Almost like having an invincible title winning season is more appealing than £28 to watch a dogshit side try and draw their way to safety.

Think you know yourself it’s more than just that, historically regardless of how poor we have been our home supports have always been considerably higher than St Johnstone’s. Despite the club being particularly badly run both on and off the park for at least a decade , St Johnstone on the other had have had excellent stewardship and in recent seasons spent more time in the premier league than us yet still can’t entice the people of Perth to the stadium. 

I don’t think McGlynn will go because I think there will be easier quick choices.  But I think we’re being slightly deluded if we think Saints couldn’t afford more, and that if he were offered materially more money he’d go.  If you were offered 50% more wages to do the same job 40 miles up the road, you’d take it.  Particularly when you won’t have that much longer working.

That said, Saints will eventually be in the same division as us which will be a consideration.  And Random, we are well aware of how taking managers mid-contract works, and it’s not easy.  Ask Morton fans.  Or the Greenock Telegraph.

As for arguing who is the bigger club, really?  Farcical on both sides.