The Falkirk FC Thread

Hopefully this isn't an omen but my son's football team suffered their first defeat ever this morning going down 3-2. 

Dodgy decision to disallow a goal for his team which would have made the score level left the boys gutted and in tears.

Fingers crossed for a better result this afternoon as I don't think I can deal with more tears (my own included!)

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Starks Park will always be Stainrod's wonder goal.

Middle of the penalty box and a yard or so inside the 18 yard line.

Ball chipped into God who stuck his big arse into the centre half standing behind him putting him off balance

Took a step forward and killed the ball on his right thigh and knocked it back up in the same movement

Swivelled and hit it on the drop with his left foot into the top right hand corner of the Raith goal

He didn't even look or wait till the goal was scored to celebrate, he knew it was going in.

1/2 the crowd and players did not realise it was a goal until they comprehended the genius they had just witnessed

To be fair to the Raith support in the stand a good few stood up and applauded.

There are certain things people associate with certain grounds - that's mine at Starks Park

Anybody else remember it?

Yep was there got booked after it too for the celebrations into the crowd, after booking came back for more celebrations 

Sure Shaun Dennis got sent off that day

42 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Yes I was there in the shed behind that very goal. What is now the home stand. We won 4v1, and every goal was greeted with a huge cloud of stoor from the (coal?) dusty terrace. 

Mind Andy Nicol got a nasty knee injury that day too.

Onto today, and I've already said I have a bad feeling about this one. While the team is undoubtedly made of girders, any squad can only take so many absentees before it falters. 0v2 defeat and a standing ovation at the end for the absolute heroes they are and have been.

I was in line with the left hand post 1/2 way up the terracing and the stoor was like a sandstorm. As for today's game, its a challenge right enough and sooner or later MacIvor would be out so its an opportunity for who comes in. Look how Mackie did due to the McCann injury so you never know.

2 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Starks Park will always be Stainrod's wonder goal.

Middle of the penalty box and a yard or so inside the 18 yard line.

Ball chipped into God who stuck his big arse into the centre half standing behind him putting him off balance

Took a step forward and killed the ball on his right thigh and knocked it back up in the same movement

Swivelled and hit it on the drop with his left foot into the top right hand corner of the Raith goal

He didn't even look or wait till the goal was scored to celebrate, he knew it was going in.

1/2 the crowd and players did not realise it was a goal until they comprehended the genius they had just witnessed

To be fair to the Raith support in the stand a good few stood up and applauded.

There are certain things people associate with certain grounds - that's mine at Starks Park

Anybody else remember it?

Never forget it as long as I’m alive !! 

2 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Wow. How is that team going to set up? Yeats Spencer and Tait in the middle and McKenna up front with Alfie and Ross on the wings?

Same as we always set up but with a McKenna up top and Yeats no.10 I think