The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, BPM said:

What stories have I put on here about the Foundation? At no time in the current debate have I said the Foundation did this or that. I merely commented on what someone allegedly claims happened. I simply would like it clarified. 

If what he alleges is true as a fan and a shareholder I believe I am entitled to get things clarified if it affects the club. If no one else asks the question at the AGM I will. 

If it is untrue then the Foundation should have little difficulty in explaining things. If it is true they should also be able to explain why they went behind the clubs back. What is wrong with wanting clarity? 

As far as contacting the Foundation I have already stated I have very little interest in their activities and am only interested if it negatively impacts on the club so I won’t be contacting them. 

I could easily say to you why don’t you challenge the club to confirm or deny these rumours. 

Oh dear. History repeating itself as we chase the SPL holy grail. Having made a loss in a successful season why are we risking a financial disaster just to rush into the 'top flight'? I think the board need to be a bit more savvy and creative. 

Does anyone have a preferred disco light tune? 

I hear good things from the FD lads about Adagio for Strings. Hoping Tiesto version rather than Billy Orbit. 

Believe the vid I seen was Insomnia. An absolute banger too. 

I'm happy to trial those two for our first 2 goals tomorrow night but I genuinely think there needs to be open dialogue on this issue. 

If no one has anything to hide, we should be consulted 

22 minutes ago, SPLwankwankwank said:

Oh dear. History repeating itself as we chase the SPL holy grail. Having made a loss in a successful season why are we risking a financial disaster just to rush into the 'top flight'? I think the board need to be a bit more savvy and creative. 

Remember that well and commenting on it at the time. Feels like history repeating itself. 

1 hour ago, Dade said:

I hate this cloak and dagger technique of having someone pose to be someone else on here to play out the clubs agenda 

It’s not hard to guess who the poster you’re referring to is. I have no idea who he/she is, but I think you recently implied they were on the Falkirk board. Apologies if that’s not the case as I can’t be bothered going back to check.

You’ve inferred that the club has an issue with the Foundation. As has one other poster who previously attacked Jamie Swinney and the Falkirk board, albeit that was a while back.

If either of you have information on this don’t you think you should share it with us? Maybe our board and CEO are indeed doing all sorts of bad things towards the Foundation which are completely unfair.

I don’t know. My only current dealings with the Foundation are with their employee who runs the womens side. I last spoke to him yesterday morning at a girls U16 game on the community pitch. As far as I’m concerned he’s a good lad who does what he can to improve the womens game.

I have similarly friendly relations with FFC club staff. But I have no idea what’s going on at a higher level in either organisation. Never mind the club having an agenda.

You and one other poster seem to imply otherwise. If the club are indeed behaving as badly as you believe, why not give us the details? Specifics of what they’ve done, naming names and providing  evidence if you have it?

Otherwise you’re just indulging in the same cloak and dagger stuff that you accuse others of.

PS - If those names include a list of former board members long gone from a letter seven years ago then you’ll destroy any credibility that your argument may have had.

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

It’s not hard to guess who the poster you’re referring to is. I have no idea who he/she is, but I think you recently implied they were on the Falkirk board. Apologies if that’s not the case as I can’t be bothered going back to check.

You’ve inferred that the club has an issue with the Foundation. As has one other poster who previously attacked Jamie Swinney and the Falkirk board, albeit that was a while back.

If either of you have information on this don’t you think you should share it with us? Maybe our board and CEO are indeed doing all sorts of bad things towards the Foundation which are completely unfair.

I don’t know. My only current dealings with the Foundation are with their employee who runs the womens side. I last spoke to him yesterday morning at a girls U16 game on the community pitch. As far as I’m concerned he’s a good lad who does what he can to improve the womens game.

I have similarly friendly relations with FFC club staff. But I have no idea what’s going on at a higher level in either organisation. Never mind the club having an agenda.

You and one other poster seem to imply otherwise. If the club are indeed behaving as badly as you believe, why not give us the details? Specifics of what they’ve done, naming names and providing  evidence if you have it?

Otherwise you’re just indulging in the same cloak and dagger stuff that you accuse others of.

PS - If those names include a list of former board members long gone from a letter seven years ago then you’ll destroy any credibility that your argument may have had.

If you can’t be bothered to check then don’t make your own allegations. The Foundation issue has been brought up time and again by posters other than myself. It has been done by people who have made it known they have a close connection to the club so not hard to imagine there’s an issue. 

I have a fair idea of who the person may be but I’m not going to say that to you. All I know is what I’ve said before and what I’ve said is that I hope that person isn’t attached to the club in any way. 

I’m not the only one who has made opinions as to who this person may be either as others have similarly taken notice.  The reason some people use this forum is so they can cast aspersion under the guise of anonymity so if you want evidence then you’ll receive little other than what’s on here. It doesn’t stop anyone from making up their own opinions though. 

Funny enough the person in question and other people, including yourself, have made inferences as to who certain posters may be but can’t remember you asking them for evidence or providing your own. 

Also I can’t remember an attack on Jamie so please revoke any suggestion I have anything to do with that. Jamie is doing a great job at the club.

I also have no idea who SPLw is either but again you weren’t asking for evidence when it was claimed he worked in the Foundation? 

Edited by Dade

43 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

It's just great coming on here to reflect on our recent success, fantastic football, great goals etc etc, just to be met with all of this shit!!

It's "Peak Falkirk", is that what the kids say? 

44 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

It's just great coming on here to reflect on our recent success, fantastic football, great goals etc etc, just to be met with all of this shit!!

Sorry, I would be equally as happy just to read about the football but fed up of hearing some of the anti-Foundation stuff. 

1 hour ago, SPLwankwankwank said:

I have absolutely no idea what you are rambling on about. Where does money come into this? I am lost 🤷🏻‍♂️ You were the one who started to quote posts from 57 pages ago. Why? All very bizarre this is now. 
So do you 💯 think @LatapyBairn.is not telling the truth over his allegations concerning this POD project? 

Edited by BPM

40 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Yes but eventually it just becomes a circle jerk and back-patting fluff.

38 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

In fairness, I think this all began with an inference that it was in fact, the opposite and a sub-ordinate organisation was straying out of its lane.

I've tried to understand the issues here and I think for the avoidance of doubt the Foundation should be regarded as completely separate from FFC and what it does and doesn't do is solely their business.

It's original intention was to provide a community benefit which Falkirk FC potentially benefits from, by operating football coaching (which Falkirk FC probably does not provide) for all-ages, fitness etc to improve Falkirk not just the club.

WRT to LatapyBairns info, I think it's bye-the-bye whether Falkirk were consulted or not in this instance. The land is owned by Falkirk council and the facilities are proposed and granted on basis of it being a community benefit - In this instance, I don't see what Falkirk FC could do which A) would require consultation and B) any contribution/amendments *could* jeopardise the funding grants that have been secured to further the project.

Putting it in perspective, building it far from where it's needed would be counter productive for both the council, Foundation and Falkirk ultimately. 

20 minutes ago, BPM said:

I have absolutely no idea what you are rambling on about. Where does money come into this? I am lost 🤷🏻‍♂️ You were the one who started to quote posts from 57 pages ago. Why? All very bizarre this is now. 
So do you 💯 think @LatapyBairn.is not telling the truth over his allegations concerning this POD project? 

You'll have to ask them. 

1 hour ago, SPLwankwankwank said:

Jesus wept we're now digging up letters from 2016 when the club was a completely different animal from the one we see today. 

3 minutes ago, SPLwankwankwank said:

Really? How's the finances looking? 

According to Jamie Swinney last month on the podcast we are heading towards breaking even this season and that was before we beat Hearts and drew Celtic so healthy? 

22 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

OUT NOW! 

🎙️EP:100 STRIKE FIRST, STRIKE HARD, NO MERCY

💯 Special 100th episode of Falkirk Daft in the TV studio with guest pundit Elsa Fantini, as we review the 2-0 win over Ayr Utd & we have an EXCLUSIVE interview with our captain Coll Donaldson 🫡©️

We review Livingston (H) & Partick Thistle (A), discuss our new partnership with Pints n Prints & chat about the rest of the latest Bairns news 🗞️

Sponsors: Falkirk FFIT T8’s & Behind The Wall 👏🏻

1DDE0921-5D34-4EDE-B370-1BC6DE9FC039.thumb.jpeg.601a9da78a6745108e46fb7ae02b9a07.jpeg

📺 Watch our preview ahead of tomorrow’s home tie versus Livingston with Lions fan Stuart Barrie…

Predictions:
@RossWayne 🔵 2-1 🦁
@ProducerMac 🔵 2-1 🦁
Stuart Barrie 🔵 2-2 🦁

Your FFC fix on a Friday….I mean Monday night👇🏼

📺 🎧📱falkirkdaft.co.uk

IMG_2436.thumb.jpeg.9cb4f285cc21183ea3b48694a604b932.jpeg