The Falkirk FC Thread

Think a draw was probably a fair result tonight. Livi came for a draw and to be fair to them defended well and made it hard to break them down. Felt we were the better team without creating much. We may well have nicked it if Maciver was playing.

On the positive side, Luke Graham was an absolute colossus again at the back. Ross had a decent game and Spencer bossed the midfield well for the most part.

Don’t think Miller is anywhere near as effective on the right and he struggled again tonight. Assuming Morrison isn’t fit to start on Saturday, I’d have Agyeman there.

Well that’s the most frustrated I’ve been in a long time at one of our games. Between the officials, some poor play (at times) and the constant time wasting from Livi after HT. I think the officials were awful, especially second half. No way that ball was clearly out on our goal, it happened way too fast. Miller, Agyeman and Shanley were v poor IMO. We had the chances to bury them second half and didn’t take them. I honestly don’t know why Martindale shat the bed at HT. From time wasting to not even interested in scoring, they only had set pieces in them. By god that highlighted tonight we why needed to sign a striker.

I don’t think the game at theirs will be any different in a month tbh. We’ll bring about 1.5-2k and they’ll have half that. They’ll sit in like it’s an away game and try to counter a bit more probably. Games v them will be as cagey as this one overall. 

That could've been any livi team from the past fifteen years. Horrible to watch,  constant wee fouls and time wasting.   Well organised and very physical but always end up getting less bookings than we do. I've no doubt though that with a full first 11 we'd have won that tonight. Oliver ran his arse off as usual but this type of game where we are having lots of success out wide you really need MacIvers ability and physicality in the air. McCann did okay but we also missed Mackies physical presence in this type of game. Though Nesbitt was superb again and the big lad Graham was outstanding once again. Also got to mention Nicky's distribution which was absolutely first class tonight. Considering the fact that livi will have a far bigger budget than us this season we're doing more than okay.