The Falkirk FC Thread

Was talking about him and the long throw yesterday funnily enough. "The Sharpedo".

The memory about him that stands out was when he lost a tooth at Firhill in 2005. Dick Campbell had been appointed as caretaker manager and we absolutely dominated Thistle from start to finish but ended up losing 2-1 IIRC. Pretty sure it was a midweek game.

No one got close to the sheer awfulness of Showumni for me in the last few years, though he seems to have become a bit of a cult icon at Tranmere..

Again, he was one of the few target men we have completely failed to provide service for. He's got decent pedigree as did Jason Lee. Asking those guys (and guys like Higdon) to drop to the halfway line to pick up the ball is asking for trouble. All 3 of them would be scoring in our current team.

Again, he was one of the few target men we have completely failed to provide service for. He's got decent pedigree as did Jason Lee. Asking those guys (and guys like Higdon) to drop to the halfway line to pick up the ball is asking for trouble. All 3 of them would be scoring in our current team.

Maybe so, but the way he seemed to sink 6 inches when he jumped seemed almost supernatural. A bit like the way Farid seems to hang in the air..

b*****d. I was thinking of him, but couldn't mind the name! Alan Kernaghan (sp?) was pretty shite IIRC.

Good shout - he had the strangest running action I've ever seen in a footballer.

Looking at an old program from 20042005 (Falkirk vs Ross County - April 9th 2005 - The day we won the league), here are some of the poorer players:

Neil Scally - Don't anyone try argue a case for him, he was fucking shit.

Ryan McStay - I remember he was pretty poor, without ever featuring that much.

Brent Rahim - Was he one of the many Trinidad guys that went AWOL for us? Wikipedia says he played 29 games, but I can honestly not remember him playing for us.

Ian Macsween - Again, can't remember him

Colin Marshall - Pretty sure I remember him scoring once.

Looking at an old program from 20042005 (Falkirk vs Ross County - April 9th 2005 - The day we won the league), here are some of the poorer players:

Ryan McStay - I remember he was pretty poor, without ever featuring that much.

He scored the goal that won that game.

The memory about him that stands out was when he lost a tooth at Firhill in 2005. Dick Campbell had been appointed as caretaker manager and we absolutely dominated Thistle from start to finish but ended up losing 2-1 IIRC. Pretty sure it was a midweek game.

He came on in stoppage time just to take a throw-in did he not? Armand One scored both Thistle's goals that night.

Neil Scally - Don't anyone try argue a case for him, he was fucking shit.

WHIT