The Falkirk FC Thread

If Watson has signed a new contract im assuming we won't be looking for a replacement RB if he doesnt see Muirhead as a CH and with Kidd still here.

Thomson

muirhead  watson grant   Gallacher

new RM    Taiwo/kerr/mckee.  Hippo

Craigen/sibbs

Austin   New ST

im not saying either or for centre mid, just these are the main options and could pair up any of the 5 I think we will play with now that they lads have signed up.

doesnt really get me hard to be honest. And that's if we manage to keep what we have. We won't see another CM signing surely after these extensions. 

So for next season we have (for each position)

GKs: Robbie Thompson

RBs: Kidd, Muirhead

CBs: Grant, Watson, Luca, Muirhead

LBs: Gallacher

CMs: Kerr, Taiwo, Craigen  (Maybe Sibbs/McKee)

RW: Craigen, Shepherd

LW: Hippolyte (Maybe Sibbs)

ST: Austin, O'Hara, Shepherd (Maybe Miller/Baird)

Is that right? Seems quite light in midfield atm

3 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

If Watson has signed a new contract im assuming we won't be looking for a replacement RB if he doesnt see Muirhead as a CH and with Kidd still here.

Thomson

Craigen/sibbs

Austin   New ST

im not saying either or for centre mid, just these are the main options and could pair up any of the 5 I think we will play with now that they lads have signed up.

doesnt really get me hard to be honest. And that's if we manage to keep what we have. We won't see another CM signing surely after these extensions. 

Convinced we will need two fullbacks. Gallacher with one year left will be punted this summer I am sure of it

48 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

So has John Baird before but you want shot of him

Yeah but neither of them are 31 and on the wane like Baird. 

No ones talking here about bringing 11 new starters in for god sake but we need 3 or 4 new faces in the first team if we're to win this league. Baird finished on a 12 game run of not scoring and yet people seem to want him as a starter next season. I'm sorry but he's not good enough if we have any wishes to get promotion. We definitely need a decent right back as Muirhead was shown up again as a makeshift right back  in the playoffs. Right midfield is still up in the air although McKee may be an option here. We also need a dirty b*****d in midfield. Top of the disciplinary table is nothing to shout home about as we're far too nice these days.

I totaly disagree that just because someone played a load of games lasts season we have to sign them and play them again next season. Kerr for a start is what 35? He cant play every game any more. 

Lets not forget that the current squad couldn't get past a pretty average Dundee United side so not bringing in more quality isnt an option.

Baird played in every league game last season, with only two of his appearances coming from the bench. Kerr played 31 out of 36. Those statistics make it quite obvious that they're amongst the first names on the teamsheet.

And there's our problem in a nutshell.

11 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Thomson

Craigen/sibbs

Austin   New ST

Give me an own coyle in that line up, I'd be happy with that. 

Yeah but neither of them are 31 and on the wane like Baird. 
No ones talking here about bringing 11 new starters in for god sake but we need 3 or 4 new faces in the first team if we're to win this league. Baird finished on a 12 game run of not scoring and yet people seem to want him as a starter next season. I'm sorry but he's not good enough if we have any wishes to get promotion. We definitely need a decent right back as Muirhead was shown up again as a makeshift right back  in the playoffs. Right midfield is still up in the air although McKee may be an option here. We also need a dirty b*****d in midfield. Top of the disciplinary table is nothing to shout home about as we're far too nice these days.
I totaly disagree that just because someone played a load of games lasts season we have to sign them and play them again next season. Kerr for a start is what 35? He cant play every game any more. 

Lets not forget that the current squad couldn't get past a pretty average Dundee United side so not bringing in more quality isnt an option.

Keatings is a good signing. King - not for me. Because someone did great 3 years ago it doesn't automatically follow he will be great now. That was the point I was making. He couldn't get a game at ICT FFS. That alone should tell you something. King coming in will probably mean Spital will be off which would weaken them. I expect Hamilton to beat them if they turn up.

Baird is not good enough I agree.

Bigger turnover of players would have suited me better.

IMO people are kidding themselves if they think Kerr will be used sparingly. This should have been the season to use him as a squad player, but he's had 29 league starts. He'll be one of the first names on the teamsheet regardless of form and we'll continue to play at a snail's pace and have no protection for the back 4.

Houston was on the radio right after Dundee United beat us saying we need extra quality in a number of positions for next season. He's retaining the majority of last year's squad. It's mental. Clearly can't be arsed speaking to other players.

11 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

IMO people are kidding themselves if they think Kerr will be used sparingly. This should have been the season to use him as a squad player, but he's had 29 league starts. He'll be one of the first names on the teamsheet regardless of form and we'll continue to play at a snail's pace and have no protection for the back 4.

Kerr should be used as a backup and as someone to come on and shore things up late in a game. I'm beginning to think that Houston keeps signing the same players as he cant be arsed looking for other options.

Questions should also be asked as to how Gallacher's contract has been allowed to get down to as low as one year? No wonder we struggle to get top dollar for our players when we aren't managing their contract situations anywhere near correctly. Keep hoping things will improve but its the same old shambles in the board room as ever.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

1 minute ago, Marshmallo said:

Houston was on the radio right after Dundee United beat us saying we need extra quality in a number of positions for next season. He's retaining the majority of last year's squad. It's mental. Clearly can't be arsed speaking to other players.

Did he not do a similar 'say one thing then do the opposite' after the Killie game last season too? Seem to remember him saying he needed players who were faster and more physical then signed John Rankin and Lewis Kidd :lol:

We need to add quality and really go for it this season. None of this tippy, tappy, conservative, let's see it out, boring shite tactics from Houston. With Hearts, Hibs and Sevco gone surely we can't be scared of anyone and resort to negative, keep it tight football. Free flowing football and plenty of points on the board from the start next season will get the fans on board and increase numbers. Is this in Houstons makeup though or is it win at all costs and bore us all to tears!!

3 minutes ago, RichieBairn said:

We need to add quality and really go for it this season. None of this tippy, tappy, conservative, let's see it out, boring shite tactics from Houston. With Hearts, Hibs and Sevco gone surely we can't be scared of anyone and resort to negative, keep it tight football. Free flowing football and plenty of points on the board from the start next season will get the fans on board and increase numbers. Is this in Houstons makeup though or is it win at all costs and bore us all to tears!!

I would say the best thing to get fans on board at this time of the year is with some solid signings to show a sign on intent from the get go, Kerr at CM again isn't making me rush out to get my season ticket.

I would say the best thing to get fans on board at this time of the year is with some solid signings to show a sign on intent from the get go, Kerr at CM again isn't making me rush out to get my season ticket.

100% agree. Let's see what happens in the next few weeks. Houston is due us a gem and an out the blue signing that no other manager thought of and beat everyone else in the league to! We can dream!! Lol

4 minutes ago, RichieBairn said:

100% agree. Let's see what happens in the next few weeks. Houston is due us a gem and an out the blue signing that no other manager thought of and beat everyone else in the league to! We can dream!! Lol

Personally I would be looking at players released from League 1/2 teams from England like Vaulks was, real hunger for it and a point to prove, also agree with people on this and question Houston's interest in speaking to other players.

Personally I would be looking at players released from League 1/2 teams from England like Vaulks was, real hunger for it and a point to prove, also agree with people on this and question Houston's interest in speaking to other players.

He won't go outside of Scotland for players. Even Pressley travelled down to England and unearthed players like Higginbotham and Taylor.

3 minutes ago, Trump said:

He won't go outside of Scotland for players. 

That's not true. He's been in England looking at players before, though because we didn't get them nobody knew about it. I think the only one that ever came out was the Dutch lad at Swansea in January; someone posted a link to his wiki page at the time.