The Falkirk FC Thread

I'd like to see us using the loan market more. Its one way of being able to afford players you normally wouldn't be able to. I always hoped that Houston would have a number of contacts that would make this work but Rogers apart we've hardly dipped into this market at all.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

7 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I'd like to see us using the loan market more. Its one way of being able to afford players you normally wouldn't be able to. I always hoped that Houston would have a number of contacts that would make this work but Rogers apart we've hardly dipped into this market at all.

You'd think he'd have known what talent was coming through at Celtic having been a scout there. Instead it was Morton who snapped up a couple of handy loan signings this season.

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

Houston was on the radio right after Dundee United beat us saying we need extra quality in a number of positions for next season. He's retaining the majority of last year's squad. It's mental. Clearly can't be arsed speaking to other players.

Too busy commentating on matches for BBC Scotland.

If the club would subsidise somewhere for loan players to stay instead of taking it from Houstons budget then we may see more loan signings.

12 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Just one of these years I'd like to get really excited about a signing BEFORE I buy my season ticket.

When was the last time anyone was really excited about a signing? It's depressing reading the st mirren thread 're how happy they are about the squad being built

2003 - Russell Latapy

23 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

If the club would subsidise somewhere for loan players to stay instead of taking it from Houstons budget then we may see more loan signings.

Surely if it's someone from the central belt like celtic this won't come into the equation.

26 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Did we not get into trouble for something along these lines with Vaulks?

Does Houston not see the benefit of playing young players or players who want a career i.e. Simon Murray? Vaulks came to us as he was desperate for a career in football and look what he gave us. We need to scout more for players at a young age who perhaps have been released from a bigger club down south as those kids are usually desperate to make a career. Taking players who are proven in the Championship may be safe but won't get us promoted

if you look at our past we have always managed to get a signing that would gather the fans albeit some of them coming to the end of their careers but still had something in them to give to the club see the likes of Chris Waddell, Simon Stainrod, Tony Parks, Mo Johnston, John Burridge, Frank MacAvennie and as mentioned Latapy the trouble is there are few players like that around these days unless John Terry or Wayne Rooney fancy a drop in wages and a shift to Falkirk we could throw in a free shot on the wheel and a trip to the Kelpies on the Craig Sibbald express bus ..lol

Edited by Jackie Moon

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Can anyone enlighten me what the problem with Tom Taiwo re-signing is? Are we looking to be so cavalier that we need no steel in our team whatsoever? Taiwo has been fantastic in a good few games this season. I have man love for him and his tackling skills.

I think it great news Tommy T has re-signed. Whilst we need creativity, ect ect we also need a defensive midfielder who will go through someone - I hope Houston sticks with the diamond formation but Taiwo at the base, McKee at the right, Craigan in behind the strikers, just need someone to play on the left - hopefully Sibbs.

28 minutes ago, Ryan-FFC said:

I think it great news Tommy T has re-signed. Whilst we need creativity, ect ect we also need a defensive midfielder who will go through someone - I hope Houston sticks with the diamond formation but Taiwo at the base, McKee at the right, Craigan in behind the strikers, just need someone to play on the left - hopefully Sibbs.

Think it's more the fact that we've resigned taiwo and Kerr. I'd rather we had freed one and signed someone who was a bit more dirty. Whilst I'm not wanting jim goodwin we're far too soft currently.  We still need to take one for the team more often and leave the boot in a bit more. 

Heard that we've also offered Alex Harris a deal. Please make this crap although unfortunately it comes from a decent source. I'm away to cry I'm a dark corner.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

I'm not excited about keeping any of these players, maybe TT at a push but not the other two.

i hope to fcuk Housty signs players with pace as it's played at walking pace at times. The thought of Baird again for another season up top or Kerr in midfield makes want to go and get pished. Oh dear god, I just remembered our options at right back as well!

I'm away to the shop for a carryout.

6 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Think it's more the fact that we've resigned taiwo and Kerr. I'd rather we had freed one and signed someone who was a bit more dirty. Whilst I'm not wanting jim goodwin we're far too soft currently.  We still need to take one for the team more often and leave the boot in a bit more. 

Is that not the definition of Taiwo? Not saying he's a dirty player as he's hard but fair but he could certainly fill that role if that's what's required.

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Agreed, far too often someone has ran at us from the half way line and gotten into the box or around it. A boot on the half way line to stop play, take the booking. Houston and his coaches should be telling that as well. If I was manager I would've kept Taiwo and Watson - Kerr hasn't got the legs. I can only assume back up player - the way McCracken was this season.

5 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Is that not the definition of Taiwo? Not saying he's a dirty player as he's hard but fair but he could certainly fill that role if that's what's required.

To me he's not quite hard enough at times. We were top of the discipline table this year which gets u nothing. I'm not wanting us to become hammer throwers but there's not enough nastiness in our side by a long way.

Not impressed with Taiwo, think fans are deluded if they think he is the answer. When was the last time he provided an assist? Hasn't got a football brain like Sibbs or Craigen. Squad player at the very most!! Surely you have to have more about you than tackle, that's all he can do and very one dimensional!!