The Falkirk FC Thread

Dunno why but I was thinking about Dani Marceta this morning. This quote from Eddie May on him must be one of the stupidest things I've read:

"People will raise eyebrows at the price but once they see the quality and what he can do then they will see he is worth £200,000, no problem."

He was abysmal.

Dunno why but I was thinking about Dani Marceta this morning. This quote from Eddie May on him must be one of the stupidest things I've read:

"People will raise eyebrows at the price but once they see the quality and what he can do then they will see he is worth £200,000, no problem."

He was abysmal.

Completely, remember how he was amazing on the training ground? Had one good game in pre-season against Antwerp(what a set of fans).

Completely, remember how he was amazing on the training ground? Had one good game in pre-season against Antwerp(what a set of fans).

The Hero of the Day had one of the best quotes I've ever read on here regarding the training ground, it was along the lines of "If I threw a malteser up in the air and caught it in my mouth I think Ross Wilson would offer me a three year deal".

Ross Wilson's view on Marceta:

"Partizan rate Danijel highly but have a number of outstanding young players over there and Danijel has become frustrated at not being able to play as regularly as he would hope," said Wilson, Falkirk's head of football development.o.gif

"Zoran Tosic and Adem Ljajic, who have recently moved to Manchester United, underline the calibre of player they have at the club and are testimony to the magnificent work that they have carried out at youth level.

"Danijel is an international player at under-21 level with Slovenia and will progress to their senior team, there is no doubt about that.

"He spent two days at the club last week and was the talk of the training ground after one session."

I actually thought the season after that was even worse.

Nah I could tell we weren't going to be very good, its almost impossible for relegated teams to get promoted at the first attempt and maybe I just set myself up for this. The SPL season was dire, but we knew it would be after Yogi's last season.

Interestingly I was saying to my old man, despite winning the league and cup(challenge) in 2004-2005, it wasn't very memorable?

1337163360[/url]' post='6242326']

Nah I could tell we weren't going to be very good, its almost impossible for relegated teams to get promoted at the first attempt and maybe I just set myself up for this. The SPL season was dire, but we knew it would be after Yogi's last season.

Interestingly I was saying to my old man, despite winning the league and cup(challenge) in 2004-2005, it wasn't very memorable?

Probably because we were streets ahaed of everyone else and never looked in any danger of not winning the league from about October onwards.

How much did we actually pay for Marceta? huh.gif

I found a page on the BBC website that said he initially joined without a fee, but if he wanted to make the move permanant Falkirk would pay a pre agreed fee.

Edited by Thehillparkbairn

We didn't pay a fee for Marceta, it was a season long loan with 200k agreed for the end of the season if we wished to sign him permanently.

The 04-05 season was strange in a lot of ways, it felt weird being at the new stadium and much of the season was pretty forgettable. We played some great football at times though, the 4-1 win at Firhill early in the season was one of the best Falkirk performances I've ever seen.

"Danijel is an international player at under-21 level with Slovenia and will progress to their senior team, there is no doubt about that.

"He spent two days at the club last week and was the talk of the training ground after one session."

To be fair I spoke to Scott Arfield at the airport after the Vaduz game while we were both waiting on lifts, and (in amongst his general depression at the result) he was raving about Marcetas performances in training. Shame he was rubbish in competitive play...