The Falkirk FC Thread

Rhys Bennett has been released by Bolton.

Would love to see him back. Would do a great job at CB with Dodds. He can play anywhere really which is handy when we have such a small squad. Sign him I say.

I really hope we sign him. He deserves a chance to start alongside Dods next season. It might also increase our chances of keeping Farid around.

I did all season think there was a player in there when you scratch deep enough but even without him being selected at Centre half up at county when we were without Dodds shows you how much Elvis had him in his plans, then seeing him put a poor performance away at Partick showed me maybe why he fell down ranking call.

He seemed to show plenty grace on the ball but decision making in a bombscare fashion in the defence area can prove costly, I think he maybe could do a job in midfield but not in defence...

Good luck to him but for me another who looked great in pre season but not so when the big show came to town.....

What happening with mark millar? Is he staying with you's or leaving?

Left by looks of it. Not sure if he was offered a new contract as we cant afford to keep him apparently.

Great wee player.

Thought he was better out wide on the right. Never thought he was a good CH

Completely disagree with this, he was never a right back in a million years. With regular games I think he'd be a good choice at CB next season alongside Dods. He's still young and if we were to sign him permanently I think it would be a good move for us. I'm expecting to see him turning up in League 2 or possibly the lower end of League 1 instead though.

I thought he was best used as a forward. His first touch was excellent and he made plenty of intelligent runs in the 20-odd minutes he played up front. He would probably be a very good midfielder due to his physical presence and he's proven himself a competent defender. With a small squad like ours, we'll need players like Bennett who can play multiple positions.

Completely disagree with this, he was never a right back in a million years. With regular games I think he'd be a good choice at CB next season alongside Dods. He's still young and if we were to sign him permanently I think it would be a good move for us. I'm expecting to see him turning up in League 2 or possibly the lower end of League 1 instead though.

I agree. He played the pre-season friendlies at CB and looked very decent. I think if Wallace hadn't burst on the scene with such class then he would have been our first choice for CB along with Dods.

Bring him back.

If was thinking more of his wing-back role he played against Morton(?) That was the best game I've seen him play (even though it was only 45 minutes)