The Falkirk FC Thread

Good appointment. I've heard all the stories of Hartley being a bully etc but he's arguably been our best manager of the last decade or so. His final season was awful but the two and half before that were very good. He'll do well at Falkirk IMO.

Back years ? He got us promoted..... nae other fanny could n he came in and first time we went up and then second season we got top six, third season our board sold our 2 best players and we didn't replace them. Hartley then lost his job at the right time.
If we are going to have a blame game the board have a lot more to answer for. Instead they were looking for a friendly in America and a new stadium.
So who set us back years?

Everyone with half a brain knew Hemmings and Stewart were going, he chose not to prepare for it. I don’t think we can blame the board for the fact Hartley cannot identity a player. That’s why they had to hand him endless amounts of cash after each f**k up. And there were many. Phil Roberts and Yordi only scratch the surface. Then there’s the way he treated players, bullying youths and getting rid of others because he was stubborn. McAlister was the first, then Davo. Then Thomson, Harkins, McGinn etc. He signed Tom Hateley ffs. If we’re going to blame the board for anything, it should be for not pulling the trigger sooner and allowing him to go on two massive losing streaks. He even survived that 7-0 pumping off Aberdeen.

Lolzing heavily at KT. Exactly how many diddies tried and failed to get Dundee up (excluding the Sevco technicality) before Hartley came along? 

It’s ok. You get the first laugh, but I get the last one :)

Dundee fans 18 months ago were proclaiming him the best manager they've had in decades and claiming he'd go further than Alex Neil. He clearly lost the plot by the end, but if he's learned from those mistakes you've just got yourself the manager who'll get you promoted.

However he has been our best manager in last 10 years or so ? Can't really argue that point.
The rest I won't go in a debate about. The facts are there. And you can come back in here once Falkirk gets relegated and tell them you told them so.

What Barry Smith achieved after our second administration with a transfer embargo and points deduction far surpasses anything Hartley achieved. Yes, Hartley was the one of the best managers we’ve had in the last 10 years. But it’s no coincidence one of our best managers for a decade just happened to come along at the same time as the new owners and was given money to get himself out of every hole he dug. A luxury every other manager didn’t have. I don’t expect Falkirk to be relegated if I’m honest, but based on how Hartley was the last few years, it will be a tough season. I’d be shocked if they were anywhere near promotion and not surprised if he’s sacked within a year from now.

Can someone tell Peter Houston on radio Scotland that we didn't go into admin under Stephen Pressley. Old boys going senile.

If hartley can get us up then that's the priority . We can always boot him if he's shit after that.  I don't see why as a falkirk fan I should therefore be disappointed with that announcement.

Hartleys obviously been giving k.ts missus a right see to on the sly.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Can someone tell Peter Houston on radio Scotland that we didn't go into admin under Stephen Pressley. Old boys going senile.
If hartley can get us up then that's the priority . We can always boot him if he's shit after that.  I don't see why as a falkirk fan I should therefore be disappointed with that announcement.
Hartleys obviously been giving k.ts missus a right see to on the sly.

Houston’s on the BBC Sportsound? Talking about his successful time with the National team I guess.

Dundee fans 18 months ago were proclaiming him the best manager they've had in decades and claiming he'd go further than Alex Neil. He clearly lost the plot by the end, but if he's learned from those mistakes you've just got yourself the manager who'll get you promoted.

Lol I remember the days they proclaimed Hartley would go further than Neil.
81bdd65b63912e85c744066b057489ff.jpg

Hartley has his flaws but is a good appointment for Falkirk. Was sacked by Dundee at the right time (and would have taken them down) but has a good record in the Championship.

If we'd beaten Hamilton on the day before the split in 15/16, that season would have been lauded a success.

The summer of signings after that was terrible though. He scarcely couldn't have used the budget more poorly and it still hampers Dundee.