The Falkirk FC Thread

10 minutes ago, brokeville said:

Top: Ian McKendrick, David Eadie, Tommy McMillan, Ally Donaldson, Stuart Rennie, Stewart Wheatley, Stewart Kennedy, Ian Harley.
Middle: Alan Cousin (Reserve Coach), Jim Shirra, Alex Beckett, John Markie, Tom McLeod, Jimmy Jack, John Kennedy, Doug Somner, Robert Laurie, Bobby Donnelly, Ronnie McKenzie (Trainer), Dinky McGill (Reserve Assistant Coach).
Bottom: Wilson Hoggan, Jim Scott, George Gibson, Alex Ferguson, Willie Cunningham (Manager), Denis Setterington, Jim Robinson, David Cattenach.

Well played, Sir!! Even written down there's a few names there I've never heard of.  And how embarrassing, to get Stuart Rennie completely wrong... 

Edited by Dennistoun Bairn

9 minutes ago, brokeville said:

Top: Ian McKendrick, David Eadie, Tommy McMillan, Ally Donaldson, Stuart Rennie, Stewart Wheatley, Stewart Kennedy, Ian Harley.
Middle: Alan Cousin (Reserve Coach), Jim Shirra, Alex Beckett, John Markie, Tom McLeod, Jimmy Jack, John Kennedy, Doug Somner, Robert Laurie, Bobby Donnelly, Ronnie McKenzie (Trainer), Dinky McGill (Reserve Assistant Coach).
Bottom: Wilson Hoggan, Jim Scott, George Gibson, Alex Ferguson, Willie Cunningham (Manager), Denis Setterington, Jim Robinson, David Cattenach.

Wow! Did you look that up? If not, that's very impressive!

I knew all other than McKendrick, Eadie, Beckett, Laurie, Donnelly, McGill and Robinson. Of those I think only Beckett was a regular in the 1st team?

2 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

I'm not sure that the away did have a blue panel on the side? I remember when they were introduced and Willie Cunningham saying that the white panel on the home one was for effect ' when we throw our arms up when we score'. I remember the away one though as being a white top with blue shorts and red socks and that was 'for colour TV'. Don't remember a blue stripe on it but I could be wrong?

I also remember the "colour TV"quote from Willie Cunningham, pretty sure it was in his programme column.

Strange the inconsequential stuff you remember!

1 minute ago, Reggie Perrin said:

I also remember the "colour TV"quote from Willie Cunningham, pretty sure it was in his programme column.

Strange the inconsequential stuff you remember!

Mate, I canny remember what I did yesterday, yet I remember shit from 19canteen. I think you're right about the programme  too.

From FFC website
The Pars’ form has taken a slght dip in recent weeks with only one win over the past four matches. They remain third in the table, just three points off top and will be looking to claim all three points tomorrow afternoon to potentially climb back to the Championship simmit.

Well I suppose it is the time of year to get the vests oot

Great interview in the Scotsman with Kiddy  Kennedy

For our older followers he was a Falkirk great, best fullback we have ever had.

10.8 seconds 100 meters 

Read and enjoy

Then we do Scumfermline

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/aberdeen/interview-stuart-kennedy-on-being-fergie-s-first-discovery-1-4604591

13 hours ago, Trump said:

Hearing on good authority we are looking to take Jack Hamilton on loan from Hearts if the opportunity arises. Got to be better than Thomson surely?

Would be happy with that. I was reading that Scott Bain has fallen out with McCann at Dundee I'd be open to making that move happen also.

The away strip of that was white with blue going down the side. It was a nice strip.

I mind Hibs had bukta as well and their away strip was a god awful purple number with green bukta signs going down the sleeves [emoji21]

Yeah they did, isn't that when the GREAT GEORGE BEST played for them

21 hours ago, brokeville said:

A few future St Mirren players , managers , coaches etc in that pic