The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, RC55 FFC said:

There’s 4 in that starting X1 id only have as squad members & theres 1 who wouldn’t be employed by the club at all (I’ll let you guess).

Better not be the unofficial top assist maker of 2018/2019 Alex Harris? Was just hitting form at the end of the season

50 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

You can ignore anything the Livvy fans say. They haven’t got a clue. To a man/woman they denied money troubles of the past, and even now, when debt gets ramped up season on season, they spout their “small budget” spiel to anyone prepared to listen.

As always, any such claims from them are crap.

The last accounts they published showed them making a profit for that year. 

15 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

If business were “done” (its not) and the current squad were all staying (thank Christ they aren’t), here is how we would line up (IMO);

David Mitchell

Aaron Muirhead
Tom Dallison
Jordan McGhee
Tommy Robson

Alex Harris
Joe McKee
Lewis Kidd
Patrick Brough

Dennon Lewis
Rory Loy

Subs - any from;
Robbie Mutch
Jonny Mitchell
Mark Munro
Kyle Mitchell
Cameron Blues
Ciaran Dunne
Jason Jarvis
Kevin O’Hara
Scott Shepherd
Kieran Sweeney
Aiden Laverty

I'd definitely try to involve Dunne from the bench more this season. Aside from shepherd and O'Hara I have no idea about the rest of the bench, anyone ITK about who might be able to make the step up? The Don said we're after 7/8 more players so hopefully they replace Mitchell, Muirhead, Harris, McKee, Kidd and Loy from that starting 11 with 2 more for extra depth.

4 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Four of these offers were rejected. One signed for a club in the same division, our offer was blown out the water by a lunatic chairman who is well on his way to buying the league.

Are we back in with the other 3 or they all went elsewhere? 

Four of these offers were rejected. One signed for a club in the same division, our offer was blown out the water by a lunatic chairman who is well on his way to buying the league.

Fraser Aird imo.

32 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

There’s 4 in that starting X1 id only have as squad members & theres 1 who wouldn’t be employed by the club at all (I’ll let you guess).

I genuinely can't decide between Loy or Harris....

The last accounts they published showed them making a profit for that year. 

I know.....but they didn’t. They omitted to pay Gordon MacDougall the six figure sum they owed him in an effort to prove that they could “balance the books” (but never repaying any of their debt).
Once they stumped up MacDougall’s money (a year late), that debt was of course, shifted into the following year’s losses. Had they paid it on the agreed dates, their “profit” year would have been a loss.
As I said, you can believe nothing that comes out of Livingston that relates to finance.

3 minutes ago, BountyBairn said:

Are we back in with the other 3 or they all went elsewhere? 

No idea, and I am not particularly itk, I just know the identity of one of these players, he is a proven player at this level, young and would have been a cracking signing imo, so not Aird. Put it this way, the fact that two clubs have come down, and the identity of these two clubs won't make signing players capable of winning, or even challenging for, the league, any easier. 

1 minute ago, AGPar said:

No idea, and I am not particularly itk, I just know the identity of one of these players, he is a proven player at this level, young and would have been a cracking signing imo, so not Aird. Put it this way, the fact that two clubs have come down, and the identity of these two clubs won't make signing players capable of winning, or even challenging for, the league, any easier. 

Tam O'Ware and Jamie Lindsay?

Apparently we are/were interested in a player but Ross County were willing to offer him 4/5 times what we could offer.  

No idea who the player is btw, could well have been Jamie Lindsay as well.

If they are throwing a couple of grand at players, the league is theirs to lose!

Ross County bought the league before, and still have their Sugar Daddy who will happily try to do so again. It’s all down to how much the “Dingwall Affect” costs him, as players out with Brigadoon will want more money for plying their trade so far from a Pret A Manger.

If he is happy to chuck in that amount (possibly as much as 30% of their running costs), then aye, they will certainly attempt to buy the league.

Partick have the lottery winner, but afaik, isn’t prepared to underwrite operating expenditure (player wages etc).

The lottery winners cash was for youth work and infrastructure/capital expenditure. Maybe that has changed.

Regardless, we have seen Hopkin take a bunch of criminals and misfits and get them to the top flight at a “club” he couldn’t wait to get out of.

If FFC start leaking subliminal messages (again) that “Ooooh DUFC are a big establishment club, and Ross County have pots of cash, and Partick have a parachute payment, so let’s keep expectations real, and have a wee bash at competing for fourth”, then they deserve every bit of ridicule that will come their way.

Aye its been an exciting 10 days right enough.  Whilst as I've said I'd rather wait for quality than just sign championship jobbers, pre season training is on the horizon and we're nowhere near a decent squad.  No pace, width or creativity  at the moment and we still havent resolved the right back situation which has plagued us since Keiran Duffy left.  We also don't want to end up with a pile of players turning up unfit having had no real pre season training. 

I doubt County are really spending much more cash than United have over the last couple of seasons and they've done feck all with it.  Lindsay for instance was part of a team that somehow managed to end up below a piss poor Partick side last season. so forgive me if I'm not exactly gutted that we perhaps missed out on another championship jobber.

Edited by Shodwall cat

Ross County should not be offering 5 times the wages of Falkirk Football Club on half the support. The whole point of closing the academy was to increase first team resources.  I'm struggling to see how we can be doing that if we're offering 5 times less.

4 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Ross County bought the league before, and still have their Sugar Daddy who will happily try to do so again. It’s all down to how much the “Dingwall Affect” costs him, as players out with Brigadoon will want more money for plying their trade so far from a Pret A Manger.

If he is happy to chuck in that amount (possibly as much as 30% of their running costs), then aye, they will certainly attempt to buy the league.

Partick have the lottery winner, but afaik, isn’t prepared to underwrite operating expenditure (player wages etc).

The lottery winners cash was for youth work and infrastructure/capital expenditure. Maybe that has changed.

Regardless, we have seen Hopkin take a bunch of criminals and misfits and get them to the top flight at a “club” he couldn’t wait to get out of.

If FFC start leaking subliminal messages (again) that “Ooooh DUFC are a big establishment club, and Ross County have pots of cash, and Partick have a parachute payment, so let’s keep expectations real, and have a wee bash at competing for fourth”, then they deserve every bit of ridicule that will come their way.

1 minute ago, EdiBairn said:

Ross County should not be offering 5 times the wages of Falkirk Football Club on half the support. The whole point of closing the academy was to increase first team resources.  I'm struggling to see how we can be doing that if we're offering 5 times less.

Mystery solved