The Falkirk FC Thread

36 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

season ticket watch (from Twitter, these are the only ones I could see).

Dundee Utd 3,472 (as at 2/7)
Falkirk 2,550 (as at 1/7)
Dunfermline 2,279 (as at 26/6)

important for us as anything over 2700 isn't budgeted for and will be given to ph for more players

Bit of a minter for Utd given they've got about 100k more people in the area, even allowing for Dundee as well. We'll get over 2700, and the Christmas discount as well will hopefully be a player or two for the January window. 

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
2 hours ago, Mon_Eh_Bairns2018 said:

Pretty sure he can also play up the wing. Sort of like leahy. Although I don’t think he is as good as leahy.

I have never seen him play, but no. He is not as good as Leahy.

To be fair, it took Leahy a few good seasons to get as good as Leahy. I'll settle for better than the prospect of a random defender shoehorned into LB. We may be signing him to play LM with Robson behind him. 

I was in attendance at a business breakfast thing at the stadium this morning where we had a briefing from Hartley and the coaching staff about motivation and stuff. Very interesting it was as well. He showed us the same powerpoint type presentation as he showed the players when they came back for pre season training then had a bit of a Q & A thing where he confirmed he was still after another two strikers and he wasn't going to the Little Mix concert.

9 minutes ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

I was in attendance at a business breakfast thing at the stadium this morning where we had a briefing from Hartley and the coaching staff about motivation and stuff. Very interesting it was as well. He showed us the same powerpoint type presentation as he showed the players when they came back for pre season training then had a bit of a Q & A thing where he confirmed he was still after another two strikers and he wasn't going to the Little Mix concert.

I for one am upset at the Little Mix snub. Hartley must go!

Reilly and El Bak confirmed then lads.

I heard some snippets from this event.

Players over 10.5% body fat not allowed to train with first team, Aero will not be RB, #trebuchetday is looking hopeful....

18 minutes ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

I wasn't present during the entire event, but during the Q&A bit in the dressing room he said another one or two players without mentioning positions. I took that as possibly being a striker and right fullback, given that we have one on trial at the moment who played against TNS. Having said that, we've also got a trialist midfielder who played against TNS so maybe it's just a case of whoever catches his eye.

Or maybe he's covering bases and there might be more to come in if some of the current squad go out on loan.

I wouldn't be surprised if the club posted an update on PH's thoughts once the pre-season games are under way. That might be one way of trying to give season ticket sales a push. Or perhaps we're due another statement from the CEO.

18 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I wasn't present during the entire event, but during the Q&A bit in the dressing room he said another one or two players without mentioning positions. I took that as possibly being a striker and right fullback, given that we have one on trial at the moment who played against TNS. Having said that, we've also got a trialist midfielder who played against TNS so maybe it's just a case of whoever catches his eye.

Or maybe he's covering bases and there might be more to come in if some of the current squad go out on Trebuchet.

I wouldn't be surprised if the club posted an update on PH's thoughts once the pre-season games are under way. That might be one way of trying to give season ticket sales a push. Or perhaps* we're due another statement from the CEO.

*giphy.gif

7 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

All the trialists were named on the TNS teamsheet and pictures of it were posted in various fan forums.

Greg Tansey wasn't listed.

Soooo,

You're not saying it isn't him, then?

You fucking tease, you.

6 hours ago, erskton said:

Mark Russell previously of Morton left sided player, currently training with the bairns. May be involved in tomorrow's match with Aberdeen. 

Quite liked Russell as a player for Morton. Always thought he was fairly decent, but we are well covered at lb 

25 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Quite liked Russell as a player for Morton. Always thought he was fairly decent, but we are well covered at lb 

He can play left mid too. I have a feeling if he signs, we'll be seeing the back of kidd and or Harris. We are sorted in midfield and if we sign another left sided back/midfield, what place would there be left for kidd? 

2 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

He can play left mid too. I have a feeling if he signs, we'll be seeing the back of kidd and or Harris. We are sorted in midfield and if we sign another left sided back/midfield, what place would there be left for kidd? 

Kidd just signed a new contract  so wont be him back up maybe

4 hours ago, EdiBairn said:

I can't see us quite making 3000 but I think 2850-2900 is realistic. I might have been tempted to extend the early bird period to try and encourage some more waverers.

I'm concerned that we had 2700 last season and a lot of new ones this summer.

Why would you drop your ST renewal after this summer?

We need answers people from anyone you know who hasn't renewed yet.

Just now, AL-FFC said:

Kidd just signed a new contract  so wont be him back up maybe

New fella would, you'd imagine be a better back up for the left, given versatility, which leaves Kidd third choice holding mid?

Also, some boi Muirhead right enough 

2 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

I'm concerned that we had 2700 last season and a lot of new ones this summer.

Why would you drop your ST renewal after this summer?

We need answers people from anyone you know who hasn't renewed yet.

People who had one last season not renewing due to last seasons shite, people who haven't had one for a while coming back after the social media cock tease.

8 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

Luckily Lewis Kidd is a right back, so signing a left midfielder wouldn't affect him.