The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Saw wee Lewis from FFC TVs post on Facebook. If he doesn't like someone he must be an utter p***k, given he's the mildest mannered guy in the world by all accounts.

For those who don't have Facebook; what was said?

Guest Back Post Misses
 Its him being sacked. Why would he take less than his contract being honoured? Or at least be paid by us until or if he gets a new job?
Isnt Robbie Neilson still being paid by MK Dons for example. 

His contract would have a fixed compensation figure in it. So if Falkirk want rid it would be the same as the compo another club would have to pay if he had been poached. Pretty standard stuff now at our level I believe.

9 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Its common. Martin O'Neill was still being paid by Celtic for ages after he left I think. 

Either way, binning Hartley (though it was necessary) will restrict our ability to bring in any new players to the squad, which is the point. 

Brendan at Celtic was still being paid by Liverpool pre the Celtic gig and had to come to an agreement with Liverpool re the remaining contract.

Id guess anything from half the contract to 3/4 paid up and not 2-3 month as suggested if he has took a lump sum of us.

30 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

On Sportsound Hughes rules himself out of the running.

Jobby doesn't. Despite having the chance to bin the idea. Mmmm.

Hughes knows he has burnt his bridges with current board hence why he has ruled himself out, McCall on the other hand will see more £s in his pocket and a bigger potential overall. We wont pay Ayr to get him tho unfortunately.

Just now, Rugster said:

On Hartleys pay off, if our BOD have any sense (I know, I know!) then there would have been a break clause inserted, 6 months pay or something like that to f**k off. 

OTOH, if I were being approached by Falkirk just now with the transfer deadline only days away, I'd be negotiating a very handsome severance clause into the contract.

5 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

OTOH, if I were being approached by Falkirk just now with the transfer deadline only days away, I'd be negotiating a very handsome severance clause into the contract.

Yes. All about timing. Or how desperate you are for a job. 

Ayr have given McCall permission to speak to Falkirk but as far as I heard there is no guarantee he will take the job due to issues previously when he thought he had the post and then didnt get it at that last minute. Encouraging news though.

Ayr have given McCall permission to speak to Falkirk but as far as I heard there is no guarantee he will take the job due to issues previously when he thought he had the post and then didnt get it at that last minute. Encouraging news though.
Source?

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
3 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Source?

A colleague who was speaking to mccall today. Ties in with his non commital tone tonight.

Edited by Shodwall cat