The Falkirk FC Thread

18 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
52 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:
Cannot be fucked watching 4 centrehalfs across the defence next season. 

I dont hate the idea of Dixon and McGhee for example, IF we had genuine wingers in front of them meaning they need only to back them up with the occasional overlap, rather than needing to provide the width as they were in the last few weeks and pretty much failing at it.

We need to put ourselves in a position where we have at least 5, ideally 6 players attacking any given time. So that is a striker, two wingers, one of the full backs and two midfielders that look to attack when we're in possession. Don't know if those two could do the job if they alternate.

Dixon and mcghee are fine if your looking to keep it solid. I just want us to change our style and actually attack teams in this division. Those 2 don't set the Heather alight in that respect

Eta: don't get me wrong I would love both of them to stay on as they should stroll that league. Would prefer them at centre half though 

Edited by Believe The Hype

Guest Ecosse83

352 for me next season. Robson LWB with Dixon McGhee and McKenna in the middle with a shiny new RWB recruited. 

Robson would run fucking wild up the left in League 1.

25 minutes ago, Gollum said:

We need to put ourselves in a position where we have at least 5, ideally 6 players attacking any given time. So that is a striker, two wingers, one of the full backs and two midfielders that look to attack when we're in possession. Don't know if those two could do the job if they alternate.

It's an opportunity for Laverty and Dunne next season. They are the players on the books what should be flying early on to make the attacking positions their own. As for our style next season, it all depends on who is willing to sign for us.  Don't think this 2 year plan for the premiership with signings to take us there is realistic. Horses for courses to battle our way to promotion first, take stock. Then if lucky there could be a core of 6 - 7 players that have improved to build a side for the season after. That's the target Laverty and Dunne should be aiming for. 

16 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Dixon and mcghee are fine if your looking to keep it solid. I just want us to change our style and actually attack teams in this division. Those 2 don't set the Heather alight in that respect

Eta: don't get me wrong I would love both of them to stay on as they should stroll that league. Would prefer them at centre half though 

If he is staying, I dont want to see McGhee at right back or wing back unless its because of injury, he turns up at that position in the way a modern full back should around 1 in 4 or 5 games.

Dixons career for me is now at centre half, he will stroll league 1 there.

As it currently looks like McKinnon will be in charge for next season, I think the best we can hope for is he buys into using a 3-5-2, that gives him a bit defensive vibe that he looks for and also for us be an attacking formation. 

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

How many has he got this season? 

Robson has qualities I think would play well in League 1. Admittedly making some assumptions about the quality of the league but even in the Championship, lots of defenders are uncomfortable with someone running at them. They struggle with people running from deep. I suspect that will be amplified down a league and he would be able to do a lot of damage down the left.  

Then theres the oft mentioned attitude, which is bang on. 

The crux of it for me is that he has to play at LWB though. At left back, we need better than him defensivley I think. But then... at left back we also need better offensively than Dixon. Its a fucking tightrope. 

3 in 21 games not sure how many starts exactly.

Ray has a history of a back 4 throughout his career so can’t see him playing left wing back unless it’s impossible not to.

Not a Robson hater nor a lover but if he stays then he has to kick on in league 1.

Now that Forfar have failed in the playoffs we could do worse than get John Baird back for next season.  He is a proven goal scorer in League 1 and would certainly give 100%.  We must cut our cloth accordingly for the coming season.  Taking a risk on more unknowns is not viable any more, we need proven players and John fits the bill for this league.

I would love to get back Peter Grant too now he is a free agent again.  Yes since his injury he was never the same as before but he gives 100% too.  That cup final header I will remember forever, one of my best Falkirk memories.  I stood near him after the St.Mirren game the last day of 2017/18 season when he took his top off and gave it to a young supporter.  He had tears in his eyes, he knew he was being let go.  What a guy.

20 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Now that Forfar have failed in the playoffs we could do worse than get John Baird back for next season.  He is a proven goal scorer in League 1 and would certainly give 100%.  We must cut our cloth accordingly for the coming season.  Taking a risk on more unknowns is not viable any more, we need proven players and John fits the bill for this league.

I would love to get back Peter Grant too.  I stood near him after the St.Mirren game the last day of 2017/18 season when he took his top off and gave it to a young supporter.  He had tears in his eyes, he knew he was being let go.  What a guy.

Peter Grant (2) .jpg

Peter Grant (3) .jpg

2 hours ago, MrDust said:

If he is staying, I dont want to see McGhee at right back or wing back unless its because of injury, he turns up at that position in the way a modern full back should around 1 in 4 or 5 games.

Dixons career for me is now at centre half, he will stroll league 1 there.

As it currently looks like McKinnon will be in charge for next season, I think the best we can hope for is he buys into using a 3-5-2, that gives him a bit defensive vibe that he looks for and also for us be an attacking formation. 

We don’t need 3 centre halfs who won’t be required for the majority of the game. It will rightly be a 4 man defence next season.

44 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

I would love to get back Peter Grant too now he is a free agent again.  Yes since his injury he was never the same as before but he gives 100% too.  That cup final header I will remember forever, one of my best Falkirk memories.  I stood near him after the St.Mirren game the last day of 2017/18 season when he took his top off and gave it to a young supporter.  He had tears in his eyes, he knew he was being let go.  What a guy.

PG has only played about 9 games of football in a year. We cannot afford the luxury of injury prone players on the wage bill. 

Guest Ecosse83
8 minutes ago, LatapyBairn said:

We don’t need 3 centre halfs who won’t be required for the majority of the game. It will rightly be a 4 man defence next season.

Are you for real? Having 3 centre halfs would allow 2 wing backs to get right up the pitch providing plenty of width. 

1 minute ago, Stuperman01 said:

John Baird and Peter Grant not for me guys who have been part of keeping us down the last 10 years. Baird got hounded out for christ sake. Can we please stop looking backwards!!

Bairdy didnae get hounded out what you on about?

He got offered a new deal but turned it down to sign for ICT.

Just now, BendtnerBairn said:

Bairdy didnae get hounded out what you on about?

He got offered a new deal but turned it down to sign for ICT.

The fans turned on him towards the end, he was getting ripped apart from the South Stand boo boys towards the end of the season. That aside he's pish and not what Mckinnon will be looking for if he is trying to put together a team that will win back to back promotions as he has stated.  

Just now, Stuperman01 said:

The fans turned on him towards the end, he was getting ripped apart from the South Stand boo boys towards the end of the season. That aside he's pish and not what Mckinnon will be looking for if he is trying to put together a team that will win back to back promotions as he has stated.  

I'm SS and if I find oot anyone boo'd wee John they'll no want to run in to Big Bendtner