The Falkirk FC Thread

It's easy to have a go at the board but guys like Martin Ritchie are not stupid, and as a board they have made so huge mistakes but why would anyone let the council with a small share in brockville just take a majority share in the new stadium? If there was grants etc for the car park and it wasn't council money then that makes even less sense to hand over control to them. 

Someone has. It ain’t Big Wul from the COYB site, Paul Hartley or even George Craig. The business was owned by the same people then (outside SA I believe) as it is now. They were the people who signed up to it.

Someone has. It ain’t Big Wul from the COYB site, Paul Hartley or even George Craig. The business was owned by the same people then (outside SA I believe) as it is now. They were the people who signed up to it.
The bottom line is our club isn't well run. We have lurched from one cock up to another. The fact we find ourselves in the third tier of Scottish football on the crowds we get is testiment to this. The whole stadium move was a disaster, whoever agreed to spunking the budget on a pitch and one massive stand wants shot.

1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:

It must be absolute shite following a well run club that does everything right and never makes an arse of things.

Aye but most other clubs get one or two things wrong we constantly get it wrong see PH, RM, tapping, consistently paying off 2-3 full squads, calling the fans rascist, Mark Campbell, asking for interested parties for offers of the club making them jump through hoops only to piss them all off by saying nope sorry no interested but we will happily take your money as "investment" not to mention how the axing of the academy was leaked out to everyone else before the main people were told.

Aye but most other clubs get one or two things wrong we constantly get it wrong see PH, RM, tapping, consistently paying off 2-3 full squads, calling the fans rascist, Mark Campbell, asking for interested parties for offers of the club making them jump through hoops only to piss them all off by saying nope sorry no interested but we will happily take your money as "investment" not to mention how the axing of the academy was leaked out to everyone else before the main people were told.
I'm sorry, I was being totally sarcastic. If ever a club deserved the line "expect the unexpected " it's us. We just go from one f**k up to another., as a support we deserve so much better. I totally agree with what you are saying, you could forgive one, maybe even two mistakes but our board just take the piss constantly.

6 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:
13 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

I'm sorry, I was being totally sarcastic. If ever a club deserved the line "expect the unexpected " it's us. We just go from one f**k up to another., as a support we deserve so much better. I totally agree with what you are saying, you could forgive one, maybe even two mistakes but our board just take the piss constantly.

In any other walk of life you would be proud of consistency but the one our board have like you say is taking the piss

4 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We also had to use some of the cash from brockville to pay of our debts  including the 1.5 million loan to eddie healy or whatever his name was. That meant we were never going to have a majority stake in the new place

The Healy thing was always a really strange one. Sounded like someone from the club told him he parted with money for s couple of months and he'd be guaranteed to be paid back with interest. 

8 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:
8 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

The bottom line is our club isn't well run. We have lurched from one cock up to another. The fact we find ourselves in the third tier of Scottish football on the crowds we get is testiment to this. The whole stadium move was a disaster, whoever agreed to spunking the budget on a pitch and one massive stand wants shot.

Don't forget the state of the art undersoil heating that never worked properly. 

Is this blastzone story not a lot of pish tho? it seems like on of they stories folk just seem to believe without proper scrutiny unless someone can show me concrete proof?  you have literally the whole of grangemouth between the stadium and the refinery incl thousands of houses offices hotels pubs etc, everything else between the stadium and ici including a large warehouse with hundreds of staff have been given permission.  I'm calling bullshit on that like

4 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Is this blastzone story not a lot of pish tho? it seems like on of they stories folk just seem to believe without proper scrutiny unless someone can show me concrete proof?  you have literally the whole of grangemouth between the stadium and the refinery incl thousands of houses offices hotels pubs etc, everything else between the stadium and ici including a large warehouse with hundreds of staff have been given permission.  I'm calling bullshit on that like

It was heavily reported in the local paper at the time. Part of one of the stands was to house a "Technical Training Centre Of Excellence" which would be built in conjunction with the college and would provide continuous daily revenue for the club.

I think the justification given was that no single building was allowed to have more than a set number of people inside it, though it was a long time ago so I may have that wrong. This was long before any construction work took place.  

I'm sure a bit of research would provide the proof you're looking for.

Was the "Blast Zone" not due to a product made in I.C.I and not the BP? It was therefore closer to the stadium and related to the potential amount of people in one area should an explosion happen. On this theory we were prevented from having too many seats and no 4th stand. However, you could still build houses in the nearby old town and when ASDA waved their magic dollar they grabbed it with both hands, closed down a well run FFC supporting social club and conveniently moved the dangerous chemical elsewhere to be manufactured.  Don't you just love our rogue landlord that is Falkirk Council.

12 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Looks like M&M have brought a slight bit of feel good back to the club. You get the feeling players are confident and enjoying their football. No league defeats and now playing with confidence against a top 4 team. What can go wrong?

The image that comes to mind is the Falkirk BoD saying “Here, hold my beer.”

In all seriousness, most teams down times seem naturally cyclical, but the accumulation of issues at FFC, with the Council piling on, will certainly make for a challenging turn-around. If, in the end, the small squad hurt the promotion push, I certainly hope that M&M will make it clear why they chose to keep the numbers down...that is, was it their choice or the BoD’s. It does seem that, for such a poor Board, they do a pretty decent job of deflection of blame, and until the everyday fan loses their confidence in the BoD, the rot continues.

31 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Pretty sure the condition was that the undersoil heating had to work.

It did to an extent just there were patches in the goal mouth area that didnt if i mind right, pretty sure the company that installed it as well had a few inquiries going on as to how safe the system was.

2 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

It did to an extent just there were patches in the goal mouth area that didnt if i mind right, pretty sure the company that installed it as well had a few inquiries going on as to how safe the system was.

The procurement process and due diligence must have been non existent. Were vendors assessed before being approved ? Specifications agreed ? Warranty ? Products evaluated before being put on short list ? What we ended up with, the answer is No.  From what we know now it looks like ' Anybody want to quote us for undersoil heating ? ' and that was it.