The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, keithgy said:

I also give you the other John Stewart who came on as a sub against Celtic only to get subbed 20 mins later for being shite,last seen as a rail guard on the Falkirk-Stirling train.

Good shout be he is still not Dennon Lewis.

1 minute ago, keithgy said:

Dennon is not just shite but also a shite bag,let's face it almost every player we signed under the so called agent was SHITE

I would give pass marks to Patrick Brough the rest of them looked like they had never seen a football

Especially considering Hughes actually spent money on the guy. 
I would not trust Hughes to pay for a cup of coffee.
Mind when he blew the budget on Dads Army![emoji2357]

16 hours ago, keithgy said:

I would not trust Hughes to pay for a cup of coffee.

What an enigma John Hughes is. Great player for us that is beyond doubt.

He did so much good for Falkirk.

Brought on the academy and giving young players a chance to establish themselves and make money for the club when they moved on. Think in his time with us it was 2-3 per season. It was something you enjoyed and looked forward to. 

Took us into the top division and kept us there plus cup runs every season and cup final thrown in for good measure. 

But he lost the plot, maybe believed his own hype and developed an ego that did not match his talent, only he can tell us what was his thinking.

I was genuinely sad it ended for him at Falkirk the way it did,  I felt the same about John Prentice. Maybe we should not employ ex hero's on the pitch as manager !

I hope he can rehabilitate himself with the support, he deserves that for what he did wearing the jersey !

6 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Brought on the academy and giving young players a chance to establish themselves and make money for the club when they moved on. Think in his time with us it was 2-3 per season. It was something you enjoyed and looked forward to. 

Took us into the top division and kept us there plus cup runs every season and cup final thrown in for good measure. 

But he lost the plot, maybe believed his own hype and developed an ego that did not match his talent, only he can tell us what was his thinking.

I was genuinely sad it ended for him at Falkirk the way it did,  I felt the same about John Prentice. Maybe we should not employ ex hero's on the pitch as manager !

I hope he can rehabilitate himself with the support, he deserves that for what he did wearing the jersey !

I think the thing with Yogi the club were getting praise in the media for being an attacking side andthe young players that were being brought through and he took on that idol role and started to believe his own hype.

There was a newspaper article in that his agent couldnt understand why he cant get a job anywhere and i think it was a few former players had came forward and said he's an arsehole to work for thats why no one will hire him.

20 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Half a season hughes he should've been called. Record between january and the split was feckin atrocious. W12 D15 L28.  Basically had no plan b when latapy went into hibernation.

Don’t think young Falkirk fans will remember but Dave Clarke’s assistant mike Marshall has passed away,east Fife hav put a tribute up on website,I didn’t know he played for yous for 2 seasons,years before returning to assist Clarke in 86 

47 minutes ago, grant1903 said:

Don’t think young Falkirk fans will remember but Dave Clarke’s assistant mike Marshall has passed away,east Fife hav put a tribute up on website,I didn’t know he played for yous for 2 seasons,years before returning to assist Clarke in 86 

Sad news indeed. Can’t remember him as a player but was a teenager when he was assistant. Thanks for sharing.

Was trolling through a number of footie books and annuals I have had stored away, and I came across Stuart Roy Clarke’s wonderful “The Cradle of the Game”. I just took three photos of photos in the book. Two Bairns related, one Shire related. The girl second from left in the Shire photo I can recall in and around the town. Quite evocative photos. Doubtless I am breaking a copyright somewhere. If so, apologies Mr Clarke...he actually signed my copy of the book.

Maybe others will know some of the people in the photos.

IMG_1084.jpgIMG_1087.jpgIMG_1089.jpg

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Half a season hughes he should've been called. Record between january and the split was feckin atrocious. W12 D15 L28.  Basically had no plan b when latapy went into hibernation.

Hindsight is a great thing Shadwell ! maybe that was his time to go with dignity intact. 

Am big enough to acknowledge what he contributed to the club and put his many failings in the background. If he was a guest at the ground I would stand and applaud him.

Bitterness for John Prentice during and post management was distasteful.  Would not want that legacy for Yogi !

4 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Was trolling through a number of footie books and annuals I have had stored away, and I came across Stuart Roy Clarke’s wonderful “The Cradle of the Game”. I just took three photos of photos in the book. Two Bairns related, one Shire related. The girl second from left in the Shire photo I can recall in and around the town. Quite evocative photos. Doubtless I am breaking a copyright somewhere. If so, apologies Mr Clarke...he actually signed my copy of the book.

Maybe others will know some of the people in the photos.

IMG_1084.jpgIMG_1087.jpgIMG_1089.jpg

Anybody else remember the Shire song ' Shiries a great wee team - gez a goal gez a goal gez a goal. If it fitba yer after don't to the Brockville. Shiries a great wee team gez a goal gez a goal gez a agoal. Brilliant !  Shires club was always a good laugh in particular the one across from the Falkirk Iron Works office.

37 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Hindsight is a great thing Shadwell ! maybe that was his time to go with dignity intact. 

Am big enough to acknowledge what he contributed to the club and put his many failings in the background. If he was a guest at the ground I would stand and applaud him.

Bitterness for John Prentice during and post management was distasteful.  Would not want that legacy for Yogi !

Too late for that. Clown burnt his bridges when he left. Guy was a fantastic player and a decent manager for us despite his limitations. If he'd left to go to hibs and behaved afterwards with a bit of dignity then he would still be appreciated at falkirk. However, the pettiness he showed when he left and the way he behaved on his returns as a manager mean he'll never be getting a clap from me nor would I ever want him back at the club. 

Edited by Shadwell Dog

41 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Too late for that. Clown burnt his bridges when he left. Guy was a fantastic player and a decent manager for us despite his limitations. If he'd left to go to hibs and behaved afterwards with a bit of dignity then he would still be appreciated at falkirk. However, the pettiness he showed when he left and the way he behaved on his returns as a manager mean he'll never be getting a clap from me nor would I ever want him back at the club. 

Your not a happy man at all are you sir.

14 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Your not a happy man at all are you sir.

Are you ok with a former manager disrespecting the club  and behaving like a big shot when he returns?  I dont care who he is that's simply not for me mate. Loved him as a player and thought he did a good job as manager but he lost me when he started thinking he was Mr Falkirk I'm afraid.

6 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Are you ok with a former manager disrespecting the club  and behaving like a big shot when he returns?  I dont care who he is that's simply not for me mate. Loved him as a player and thought he did a good job as manager but he lost me when he started thinking he was Mr Falkirk I'm afraid.

I’ve a lot of time for Yogi and focus on the good times mate. You don’t like him, I get that, but you could be a bit more positive at times.

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I’ve a lot of time for Yogi and focus on the good times mate. You don’t like him, I get that, but you could be a bit more positive at times.

I dont like him because he behaved like a complete twat at the end of his term at the club and subsequently. If he had acted with dignity and appreciated the start in management we gave him then that wouldnt be the case. There was no need for it either. He was moving on to a bigger club he supported as a kid. Noone could begrudge him that. Why did he then feel the need to run the club down and behave like an arse is anyone's guess but it certainly was not needed.