The Falkirk FC Thread

56 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

I've said a thousand times it's time for FFC to stop being the big girly pussies who do things right all the time.

Having morals and always being the good guys has seen us end up in the 3rd tier and yet still our fans get their knickers In a twist if we even dare to do anything a tad controversial.

The nice guy routine can go f**k itself.

47 minutes ago, Syd Puddefoot said:

Correct. Long overdue. Been proved countless times self interest and cheating pays in Scottish football. Get with the programme.

Did we not try that with Ray McKinnon?

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Anyone recommend somewhere good to eat in Glasgow.... Today. Like, later on today at some point.

Thinking Alstons bar and beef.....

38 minutes ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

You absolute tease-monkey...

I genuinely was writing a recommendation of Paesanos before you wrote this.

1 hour ago, Gaz FFC said:

I wish someone would give us a ludicrous fee for Sammon

Like a tenner? Sadly the days of crazy transfers for duds seem long gone I doubt we will see the likes of 100k from Hibs for David Elliot ever again. In Sammon's case you can only hope he's so far out the picture when the season is underway he asks away, bout only way we will get rid. 

Seen a lot of chat about this Jonny Mitchell laddie, the one that went to Brentford. Is he nailed on to be re-signing with Falkirk?

Also, does it seem like Blair Snedden will be anywhere near your first team or will he be away on loan? I love a good signing from the juniors and think it's great that he's got the chance

1 minute ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Seen a lot of chat about this Jonny Mitchell laddie, the one that went to Brentford. Is he nailed on to be re-signing with Falkirk?

Also, does it seem like Blair Snedden will be anywhere near your first team or will he be away on loan? I love a good signing from the juniors and think it's great that he's got the chance

He'll be a back up . Doubt we'll have a big enough squad to send anyone out on loan.  Mitchell is only being linked to us as he used to be our player and has been released by Brentford. Thats about it.

2 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

More just speculation about Mitchell seen as he's from Falkirk and we were his last club. Miller and Mcracken would also have been here when he was previously with us so it could happen. Snedden will most likely be backup for us and if he takes his chances in the games he plays then we'll see.

3 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

I can't see Mitchell signing for us, more likely to be a freed championship defender or a loanee youngster. Snedden as mentioned will be a back up for injury/suspension. Unless he absolutely tears it up when he gets his chance. 

I think he was fairly unselfish when playing with Dobbie so didn't stand out in the games against us. Or maybe it was just my fear in seeing Dobbie rip the arse out of our defence so i didn't notice anyone else. Still think £2m is a mad fee and Livi have done really well here, fair play to them.

Livingston and fair play are words that should never be used in the same sentence.

1 minute ago, ebobsboy said:

I thought we would maybe see a back up keeper ✍️today  as that's where the priority seems to lie at the minute with M&M. I wouldn't be averse to get Ferrie back on loan, never got a look in but seems highly rated. 

I'm not fussed about who we bring in there as long as they aren't eating up a big amount of the budget. But we won't get Ferrie back until Dundee sign another keeper as Hamilton's shockingly bad so they'll need someone as first choice.