The Falkirk FC Thread

54 minutes ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

I'd like to see ALL fans being invited to get involved to be able to call it a fans group. 

Until then it's just another group.

Weren't we all consulted a couple of years ago about clubbing together? 

Yes and these guys were going to be putting in the majority of the cash back then too. Funnily enough noone seemed to have an issue with it back then. Kenny Jamieson who organised the structure for that and who was the real person who outed mark Campbell had no qualms at all about these guys being involved in the fans bid to own the club.so.i.think.we can take it these guys are genuine and are all Falkirk fans that only want the best for the club.

12 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

@Bainsfordbairn well well well. You wee filthy tease.

⚽ We take on Irvine Meadow XI FC today in our first preseason bounce game!

🚪 This afternoon's friendly will be played behind closed doors.

🕐 Kick off is at 1pm.

📝A match summary and photos from the game will be available post-match.

At the time I posted I didn't know we'd arranged another match. Honest guv. 

25 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Agree it should be but dealing with people who go back on their promises and try to remove individuals from discussions etc.  Plus all the detail on sign location and income from advertising, H&S excuses etc its more complex than it seems and very easy for it to get personal (as seems to have happened). 

I doubt there would be much of the ci cash left if they got lawyers in board the amount they charge.

13 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Players will follow the money. Offer them more cash and 9/10 they will sign for you. Getting a player on site should also make a big difference as we have far better facilities than the likes of queen of the south for a start.

No ! not if its in the back of their mind they could get punted in December or there is a chance of a new manager before the season is over. Going by FFC track record there is a good chance of that

Could be career ending and on top of that having dropped a league to get a game does not look good on the CV. They want to play at as high a level as possible and a backward step will be a last resort.

That is how it as ! and its proved by the signings as the players are not following the money. Better facilities did not stop Paton signing for QoS.

11 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

No ! not if its in the back of their mind they could get punted in December or there is a chance of a new manager before the season is over. Going by FFC track record there is a good chance of that

Could be career ending and on top of that having dropped a league to get a game does not look good on the CV. They want to play at as high a level as possible and a backward step will be a last resort.

That is how it as ! and its proved by the signings as the players are not following the money. Better facilities did not stop Paton signing for QoS.

If they get punted in January they get paid what they were due. There's no chance players are looking at us and thinking 'nah I can't go there they chop and change their squad too much' as that can happen wherever they go. Fair enough it probably put off a few managers but not players they're only bothered about the money offered and where we are as a club.

23 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Nisbett , mcguffie, McCann, Williamson, Mackay etc could all be playing in the championship next season but chose to sign for us a league down?   If you offer more money or longer contracts players will come . Paton is Irish. It could be as simple as him living in Stranraer and Dumfries being a shorter drive  than Falkirk.  Stranraer is an easy trip to Ireland so he may not want to move.  If the money is the same then that and the championship could easily sway it. You need to offer him enough money to out balance that.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

1 hour ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

The board (at the time) also knew the name of Mark Campbell but didn't exactly dissuade them...

The point is the fans need to know to get behind the bid.  I get that you and others are pals with this group but 99% of fans aren't so we need to know more about them. 

Think about it as though you don't know them.  Would you blindly get behind a group you knew nothing about (not even their names) just because some folk on a forum told you it was 'for the best'.   MA, SR and even Gary Deans all claim to be longstanding Falkirk fans so being a fan isn't on its own enough  for people to be convinced they'd be a great addition to the board.  

For this to succeed the wider fan base need to be behind the bid.  We need to know who the Navy Blue are (names and backgrounds preferably but names at the very least).  

£550k is a lot of money of course but could also be very quickly spunked up the wall by either this board or with NB onboard.  

Also an independent chairman isn't independent if installed by the NB - its not the fans who'd need to be comfortable with any independent chairman, its the whole board.  

I sound like I'm against the NB bid, I'm really not, Its just incredibly frustrating that they are prepared to walk away from the fight without even trying to get 99% of the fans on board with what they're trying to do.  Before they'll even reveal who they are? Its bizarre.  There could even be others out there willing to pitch in with funds - we'll never know.. 

The group had professional help from within the support that would be doing DD and legals etc so that should tick that box for you. 

However you can talk about lawyers, professional help and taking the emotion out of it all you wish.   

It boils down to it this it the start and finish of the discussion. 

The Group investors have no faith in the some of the critical decision making and makers at the club and with the size of the investment coming they wanted to sure their cash was spent wisely or at least a larger say of how it was spent but still recognised the need for continuity as 4 of the current Board would have still been there along with the DOF. 

The current Board think they are the people to take it forward. 

The ball is in their court to prove that now. As a Falkirk fan I want to see my team doing well so hope they get it right. Do I think they will? The recent history at least leaves that open for debate. 

Edited by Back Post Misses

4 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Perhaps we should appoint managers in this league on a three strikes and your out basis. Failure to get a win in three consecutive games means automatic redundancy

Probably should at this level. No excuse for gaining less than 3 points in 3 games in a row in the 3rd division.

7 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

The group had professional help from within the support that would be doing DD and legals etc so that should tick that box for you. 

However you can talk about lawyers, professional help and taking the emotion out of it all you wish.   

It boils down to it this it the start and finish of the discussion. 

The Group investors have no faith in the some of the critical decision making and makers at the club and with the size of the investment coming they wanted to sure their cash was spent wisely or at least a larger say of how it was spent but still recognised the need for continuity as 4 of the current Board would have still been there along with the DOF. 

The current Board think they are the people to take it forward. 

The ball is in their court to prove that now. As a Falkirk fan I want to see my team doing well so hope they get it right. Do I think they will? The recent history at least leaves that open for debate. 

Totally agree with your conclusion to this business.

Whatever the rights or wrongs of all the offers and rejections it’s now up to the current BOD and shareholders to make this work.

All fans hope it does work out and we must give them a fair chance to do so.

Let the football commence.

2 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Disappointing to see the crunchie initiative and also the navy blue group telling near enough the same story about how dealings with the board were. Obviously in all walks of life there are going to be differences in personalities but when it comes to the best interests of our club that should always be put aside. Definitely seems as if the board want the credit for the crunchie initiative or at least aren't happy they weren't more involved which seems to be why now when it comes to implementing it they've went awol. 

Good to get a clear statement from the navy blue group and it just backs up the post I put a few days ago. How long have we heard about this three pronged leadership model and yet when it's offered up on a plate we get 'the board couldn't accept the conditions that were proposed' even when from what I understand the board were going to get to pick the two current members that stayed on. 

The reasoning was that due to what shareholders had voted for previously it couldn't be done but surely that could have been put to the shareholders to decide?

Hi, I was one of the 11 and trust me, this was about helping to drive the football club forward. We were absolutely committed to working with The Rawlins, but with an investment of this size and I strongly believe we would have got more people on board (including a fans initiative), there had to be change. I would ask anyone who was looking to put in an investment of circa £550k plus, would you want a major say in the running of the club? I think we all know the answer. Now, if I had the good of OUR football club at heart and was a Board member and this offer came along, I would have opened the Boardroom door, welcomed the group inside and wished them the very best of luck as I passed them on the way out. What Mr Colborn said on Thursday that it wasn’t in the Director’s remit (or words to that effect), doesn’t wash, an EGM could have been called and it would have flown through. This is every Falkirk supporters club and a big part of our town and community also. From the family buying their season tickets and strips and the people who can afford to buy shares etc it is everyone’s club as an equal. The Directors are there for the good of the club and have to ensure that they park their personalities and do the right thing. I sincerely hope that better times are just around the corner as we are in intensive care and need to get back on our feet and quickly. I for one wish Phil Rawlins the very best of luck. 

Navy Blue group? I’m very wary tbh.

I feel the current BoD have a project plan for the next 5 years and, quite rightly, want the opportunity to complete this.

There are checkpoint review dates in place, and a summary of one of these was shared to fans the other evening.
I, for one, was impressed by the (admittedly fairly basic) bullet points presented but it did show remarkable progress. I want to see this continue NOT further disruption and change that the Navy Blue are striving for.

But, back to Navy Blue. 11 anonymous members with a total of £550k to invest. 
Requesting 2 seats on the board……11 into 2 doesn’t go, and this would only lead to in-fighting amongst Navy Blue.  
I mean, I wouldn’t invest £50k, say, to place others on the board and have no say in running the club. 
Would anyone?

Edited by HonestAl