The Falkirk FC Thread

They probably want to get the squad sorted out and allow the team to play a few games together first under Sheerin before allowing fans in.

As stupid as that sounds with all the negativity going on the now imagine we were allowed back in and got beat off an Annan for example. It would be a nothing result as it's only preseason but you can bet your bottom dollar we'd have hoards of fans on the COYB page talking about how shite our team is and how shite Sheerin is.

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

Or sign someone else capable of playing the holding midfielder role so we don't need to rely on Miller if Hetherington gets injured.

Does anyone actually know it was Jaime Wilson with the hatrick or are we all just assuming as it's only him we know is on trial?

Find it a bit baffling that we let Gomis go who was more mobile than Miller in the middle of the park despite them both being past it, only thing I can think of was we couldn't afford to pay him off, I also thought he won't be playing in the midfield but more a back up right back for Williamson. The thought of him getting absolutely run ragged in central midfield by younger legs is a movie we have saw before. 

3 hours ago, keithgy said:

1967F15E-1976-412B-A2B9-82A74C427566.jpeg

Quick Companies House check would put David Holmes at 86.

Probably the most optimistic period of following Falkirk in my lifetime.

Edited by kiddy

6 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

Find it a bit baffling that we let Gomis go who was more mobile than Miller in the middle of the park despite them both being past it, only thing I can think of was we couldn't afford to pay him off, I also thought he won't be playing in the midfield but more a back up right back for Williamson. The thought of him getting absolutely run ragged in central midfield by younger legs is a movie we have saw before. 

Gomis was done. We need younger legs in there and have done for years.

Guest Peter LaFleur
2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I don’t think anyone was disputing Gomis was past it, people are asking why we got rid of Gomis and kept Miller if mobility is what Holt/Sheerin are looking for in midfield.

Because Gomis was out of contract and Miller wasn’t. Absolute madness last summer giving Miller a 2 year deal.

7 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I don’t think anyone was disputing Gomis was past it, people are asking why we got rid of Gomis and kept Miller if mobility is what Holt/Sheerin are looking for in midfield.

We've most likely tried to get rid of Miller but nobody will be stupid enough to pay him what he's on here. Ala Sammon last summer.

On the CI saga , Leeds Utd renamed 2 stands after Jack Charlton and Norman Hunter within a few weeks of their passing.

The club paid for it and the signage was up with no quibble. This left the fans free to commission a mural on a building in the city. 

I realize it's an unfair comparison due to the size of the the club and their budget, but this was done when Leeds were in the Championship and losing a fortune.

The point I'm making is their board actively went and done it without being asked - rather than getting in the way of it. I think this should happen at Falkirk and how cool would it be to have a building sized KM7 mural up in the town centre somewhere.  

LUFC.jpg

The investments on the Scotsman news article and got to admit after reading it after the comments by Colburn they come out of it looking worse than the Q&A, f**k knows how they managed it but they did. Bit of a contradiction there as well we want fan ownership and investment.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/falkirk-supporters-consortium-explains-why-talks-over-potential-ps500k-investment-ended-3287053

Gordon Colborn said the club was disappointed confidential talks had reached social media but explained “discussions made it clear they were a number of pre-conditions associated with their proposed investment in the club”. He added: “There was one which the board simply could not deliver and was outwith the board’s authority.

"We were in a place where this was not going to work, but to re-emphasise the board did not turn down an offer, the group removed themselves from the discussions and I would let them explain why.”

“This was not acceptable to the Navy Blue who, as a group would not accept any proposal that diluted our vision and saw a level of influence and control that did not match the level of investment being provided.

“In our opinion significant change is clearly required at board level before this objective can be achieved and we regret our offering was unable to bring about that change.”

In the two-hour Q&A Mr Colborn did stress the club was supportive of fan ownership and added: “I don't want to find ourselves in a situation where things are said and positions become so entrenched that we can never recover. That's not good for the club because we want to see investment in the club from fans and welcome it, but it has to be reasonable and come without a set of pre-conditions that the board simply can't deliver on.”

2 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Is Gary Holt seriously getting paid nearly £2K a week at Falkirk? I assume that is paid directly from these American investors instead of being £100k a year from your budget?

Cant see it no one in their right mind would pay a DofF 2k a week in the third tier.

Its a win win for him as well he doesnt need to worry about results on the pitch to keep his job,only finding decent talent for a development squad and possible first team.

15 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Is Gary Holt seriously getting paid nearly £2K a week at Falkirk? I assume that is paid directly from these American investors instead of being £100k a year from your budget?

Everyone banded around the 40/50k a year mark, dunno where that came from.

15 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Cant see it no one in their right mind would pay a DofF 2k a week in the third tier.

Its a win win for him as well he doesnt need to worry about results on the pitch to keep his job,only finding decent talent for a development squad and possible first team.

Tbf this thread is testament to how those in charge at FFC are not exactly in their right mind so it wouldn't be surprising. I shudder on a regular basis at the thought of how we could have easily ended up in the same mess under MJ, relegation seems like a break from the usual tedium with no real catastrophic fears under our current caretakers.

10 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

Could be totally wrong but my take on it was that one of the investors with relevant experience would take the job on at no cost to the club and so taking away Gary Holt`s wage and that, combined with the sum invested by his successor would make a difference of £100k to the Club`s finances???

Edited by 60`s bairn

7 minutes ago, 60`s bairn said:

Could be totally wrong but my take on it was that one of the investors with relevant experience would take the job on at no cost to the club and so taking away Gary Holt`s wage combined with the sum invested by his successor would make a difference of £100k to the Club`s finances???

It could could certainly be argued that way, but that of course would be the case for one year as the DoF/Investor person would invest his/her £50k in one year only. Therefore, yes, in the first year, there would be £50k more coming in, and £50k less going out, so the balance sheet would be £100k to the good. Thereafter, it would only be £50k to the good when not paying a Sporting Director salary (provided someone is doing the SD work).

4 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

It could could certainly be argued that way, but that of course would be the case for one year as the DoF/Investor person would invest his/her £50k in one year only. Therefore, yes, in the first year, there would be £50k more coming in, and £50k less going out, so the balance sheet would be £100k to the good. Thereafter, it would only be £50k to the good when not paying a Sporting Director salary (provided someone is doing the SD work).

Absolutely, but that`s what I thought was being meant, an immediate surplus of £100k but as I said, that was purely my interpretation of it.

15 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

No Hetherington or Keena but the strong rumours are they won’t be out long. 

Based on Sheerin’s 4-3-3 he wants, assume it was; 

Mutch

Williamson
McKay
Dixon
McCann

Ross
Miller
McGuffie

Trialist
Trialist
Morrison

85BDA0D6-1DEF-47ED-8EFD-86CDE42AB87B.jpeg

While I'm right behind Sheerin, that line up looks murder.  Defence should be better but the rest of the team needs massively improved.  

Another struggle for Telfer this season to convince the manager he's worth a game?  

I want to be positive but can't help feeling after Holts comments about the January signings that Corrzo's stats engine is no more advanced than looking at (1) are they under 30 and (2) have they played in the championship...  praying we sign a very solid Keeper/Centre Mid/Striker spine ASAP.