The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, Bigbrbairn said:
43 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:
Trialist A scored as many goals in 36 minutes than Dowds and Keena scored last season combined. Just saying.

Your only allowed optimism if are mentioning the Navy Blue group not the people who play in Navy Blue stripes. Get with the flow !

I am a life long pessimist (coinciding with being a Falkirk fan) and for this season I am turning over a new leaf and trying to see a glimmer of light where (admittedly) there might no be any.  Damn it, let me be delusional if it makes me happy!

I am a life long pessimist (coinciding with being a Falkirk fan) and for this season I am turning over a new leaf and trying to see a glimmer of light where (admittedly) there might no be any.  Damn it, let me be delusional if it makes me happy!
I am with you. If you can't have a wee bit optimism before a ball is kicked you are as well packing it in. Every close season I am full of hope that we will be a great team. It gives me that buzz. Unfortunately the majority of this forum can only look on the pessimistic side. Then again pessimists are the only people who get pleasant surprises. Optimists usually only get disappointments

Guest Brockvillenomore
4 hours ago, HonestAl said:

Navy Blue group? I’m very wary tbh.

I feel the current BoD have a project plan for the next 5 years and, quite rightly, want the opportunity to complete this.

There are checkpoint review dates in place, and a summary of one of these was shared to fans the other evening.
I, for one, was impressed by the (admittedly fairly basic) bullet points presented but it did show remarkable progress. I want to see this continue NOT further disruption and change that the Navy Blue are striving for.

But, back to Navy Blue. 11 anonymous members with a total of £550k to invest. 
Requesting 2 seats on the board……11 into 2 doesn’t go, and this would only lead to in-fighting amongst Navy Blue.  
I mean, I wouldn’t invest £50k, say, to place others on the board and have no say in running the club. 
Would anyone?

The current BoD's plan will only work with substantial investment, increased attendance and proper productive supporter engagement. How's that going? 0/10 I'd say.

The feedback from the NB and the CI is almost exactly the same - needless friction getting in the way of what's best for the club. The two groups are different but the end result is the same.....no coincidence.

This BoD are ramping up the running costs when we're in the 3rd division and facing the risk of curtailed attendance due to COVID.  That's not good business, that's not a plan. It's madness. The economics of George Fulston, administration and liquidation.... if that's what you mean by the opportunity to complete their project plan? And it's what I call disruption, not a boardroom reshuffle.

The presentation they made was almost exactly what Mark Campbell prepared years ago - that ended well didn't it.

As for the NB Group, my understanding is they were setting up a company to hold the shares, with a set of articles, voting rights etc. The rules would be set accordingly. These are people who run successful and profitable businesses and were being advised by FFC supporting lawyers and accountants. Each willing and able to write a cheque for £50k. How's that for a commitment to the club? I know a couple and they're FFC through and through, one who worked tirelessly to save the club from being liquidated in 1998.

If you look at the NB Group objectives they're almost exactly what the BoD said on the Q&A session; the difference is they wanted to make changes in the boardroom and the incumbents didn't. The big question for me, is why? 

5 minutes ago, Brockvillenomore said:

a. The current BoD's plan will only work with substantial investment, increased attendance and proper productive supporter engagement. How's that going? 0/10 I'd say.

b. As for the NB Group, my understanding is they were setting up a company to hold the shares, with a set of articles, voting rights etc. The rules would be set accordingly. These are people who run successful and profitable businesses and were being advised by FFC supporting lawyers and accountants. Each willing and able to write a cheque for £50k. How's that for a commitment to the club? I know a couple and they're FFC through and through, one who worked tirelessly to save the club from being liquidated in 1998.

Thanks for the reply, and to Duncan F too.

Just taking a couple of points from your response.

a. Whether it comes to fruition or not, the BoD stated that there will be a share issue to raise capital. And they are open to fans investment too - just not of the sort that would stipulate removal of current board / members of staff.

b. I wasn’t aware of your understanding regarding a company being set up. I do feel if NB wish the backing of 99% of the fan base who are not “in the know”, far more detail is required. 
Oh, and has been stated previously, can’t see how this could be achieved without the expense of £200 an hour lawyers - on both sides.

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I was just going by the Raith website

Strikers Gozie Ugwu & Manny Duku have been advised that they will not be offered terms for next season. Gozie joined the Rovers last August and made 21 appearances, scoring 5 goals. Manny Duku also joined the Rovers last August and made 33 appearances scoring 14 goals. We thank both players for their service over the last 9 months (with both frontmen scoring goals in vital matches last season) and wish them every success in their respective careers.

I hadn't realised that duku had signed for ICT . Who has ugwu signed for?

I mistyped and it corrected to “is” from an intended “isn’t”. I believe he’s still free, sorry.

Guest Caractacus Potts
29 minutes ago, HonestAl said:

a. Whether it comes to fruition or not, the BoD stated that there will be a share issue to raise capital. And they are open to fans investment too - just not of the sort that would stipulate removal of current board / members of staff.

b. I wasn’t aware of your understanding regarding a company being set up. I do feel if NB wish the backing of 99% of the fan base who are not “in the know”, far more detail is required. 
Oh, and has been stated previously, can’t see how this could be achieved without the expense of £200 an hour lawyers - on both sides.

The cynicism I have with the fan group is that I’ve no doubt they are up for fans buying new shares but not for allowing them to have shares in a way that is meaningful like what the NB proposed. The 3 legged stool only happens if those who own the other 3rd of shares have a 3rd of the say in how the club is run. 

They will also be offering shares at the same price despite every new share being worth less of a percent of the club than previous and everytime they do a share issue the ownership they represent gets further diluted.. I need to be convinced this isn’t just a cynical attempt to boost the coffers and offer a token position on the board in return. Who would the board want as fan rep too? Would it be in their hands because doesn’t sound like they enjoy being questioned? Not sure those in the group would want another board sycophant representing the group either. 

The way the Rawlins have set up a back stop so the whole board can affectively take control over the majority of shares is concerning too. Fans could get 65% of the club but the Rawlins could dilute that to 48% at anytime and with the help of the board and John Bonner they can control over half of the votes. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

31 minutes ago, HonestAl said:

We have had enough committee guidance  over the last decade to ascertain it doesn’t work -11 people putting up 50k and each throwing in their tupence worth  would never have delivered.  We need a strong leader with experience and a plan rather than more opinions than cash . Rawlins needs time to stamp his authority on our failings . Let’s give him a chance before we have more people in the executive seats than the stands . 

26 minutes ago, Mevilc Bairn said:

Maybe it is true about Keena being injured as not in line-up. No Hetherington either

Never heard anything about Hetherington being injured but he's came from part time football so maybe just not quite up to speed as they'd like yet either that or he's got a niggle. 

1 hour ago, HonestAl said:

Since the NB Group had offers of free professional help to do the legal and DD maybe now you can see. 

Edited by Back Post Misses

3 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

No Hetherington or Keena but the strong rumours are they won’t be out long. 

Based on Sheerin’s 4-3-3 he wants, assume it was; 

Mutch

Williamson
McKay
Dixon
McCann

Ross
Miller
McGuffie

Trialist
Trialist
Morrison

85BDA0D6-1DEF-47ED-8EFD-86CDE42AB87B.jpeg

We badly need hetherington back. Don't think I can face seeing Millar plodding about our midfield again this season.

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Since the NB Group had offers of free professional help to do the legal and DD maybe now you can see. 

Reminds of the tale of 2 Actuaries on a train journey. 
Gazing out the window, one says 

“Did you see those black and white cows over in that field”

To which the other responds

”Well…..they were black and white on this side”

17 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We badly need hetherington back. Don't think I can face seeing Millar plodding about our midfield again this season.

Or sign someone else capable of playing the holding midfielder role so we don't need to rely on Miller if Hetherington gets injured.

Does anyone actually know it was Jaime Wilson with the hatrick or are we all just assuming as it's only him we know is on trial?

Edited by FFC 1876

20 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Any reports of the next friendly?

There's a midweek away game and another one next Saturday. Then a final friendly at home the following midweek.  

Before anyone asks, I have no idea what will happen regarding either coverage or fan access. 

My guess is that the next two away games will be announced on the day and there will be match reports. It would be up to the home club to decide if fans were permitted.  I doubt they will be, as the games are taking place at what I'd call training venues  - which may create covid segregation issues if large numbers of folk were to turn up. Whereas I suspect the final home friendly will finally see fans back inside TFS for the first time in what feels like forever. Probably as a test event before the real thing a week later against Albion Rovers.  

All of which (games excepted) is pure speculation on my part and may turn out to be nonsense. Though once everything is confirmed I imagine the club will announce it as they did with todays game.