The Falkirk FC Thread

I have a rumour. A real life bloody rumour. God bless Twitter.

Declan McManus on loan from the Dons. The young chap who scored all Mortons goal last season.

Alloa and Raith interested too.

The same boy who signed for Fleetwood weeks ago....

Gotta love twitter.

I've heard a couple of midfielders are likely to sign this week. Both would be brutal signings imo.

And we don't need any midfielders or, at least, we don't at the moment.

We need a goalie, a right back to rival Duffie and two strikers.

Another day and another blank in terms of signings, club direction or anything to excite potential new ST holders.

Not to worry you can pay £35+vat to write "get the subs oan Jefferies" in the tunnel......

For the first time in years, we aren't reliant on season ticket money to get is through the day to.day running of the club.

Do you think the ploy is to announce a few signings after the Early Bird offer ends, then hope fans take the offer up at the higher price.

If so, they are playing a dangerous game.

Lol at the idea there's a "ploy" or "plan".

I got some stick for having a pop at them closing the club shop the Monday after the cup final. "They worked really hard to sell tickets!" I was told. It's their job! It's symptomatic of what happens at the club, a month of hard work and they'll live off it for years. "We've run out of strips", "They've not posted anything to try and sell season tickets" will get a response of "Aye but mind in 2014 when they sold cup final tickets".

The numbers will be up this year but if they tactics to shift tickets are poor that doesn't matter. Imagine how many above that we COULD have sold if they'd really pushed.

Is there anything set up in the Howgate to shift tickets? (Genuine question as I live elsewhere) If not, why not? Why have there been no "bring your cup final ticket along and get xyz" type offers?

At our level a players wage would for a season will be 25k roughly. That's about 100 season tickets. A lack of a push to sell them will hurt the club on the park.

Lol at the idea there's a "ploy" or "plan".

I got some stick for having a pop at them closing the club shop the Monday after the cup final. "They worked really hard to sell tickets!" I was told. It's their job! It's symptomatic of what happens at the club, a month of hard work and they'll live off it for years. "We've run out of strips", "They've not posted anything to try and sell season tickets" will get a response of "Aye but mind in 2014 when they sold cup final tickets".

The numbers will be up this year but if they tactics to shift tickets are poor that doesn't matter. Imagine how many above that we COULD have sold if they'd really pushed.

Is there anything set up in the Howgate to shift tickets? (Genuine question as I live elsewhere) If not, why not? Why have there been no "bring your cup final ticket along and get xyz" type offers?

At our level a players wage would for a season will be 25k roughly. That's about 100 season tickets. A lack of a push to sell them will hurt the club on the park.

You are spot on. We should never have closed that Monday. They should have been hitting the ground running.