The Falkirk FC Thread

The Facebook pages are a tough read. Can’t give criticism or you are a moaning b*****d. We aren’t daft. Why is it too much to ask to have a Falkirk team in league 1 who can win AND play good football?

The problem is that there’s no middle ground in the Falkirk support at the moment, it’s either overly positive on Facebook or relentlessly negative on here.

The truth as always is somewhere in the middle.

Yup. And folk slaughtered One F for being relentlessly negative. It was nothing of the sort. This place was always more balanced, true, but it has become brutally negative in the last few years. For reasons I fully understand. Many folk become volubly so, many others just quietly chuck it to one degree or another.

Draw would have been fair result today. Denholm’s shot off the bar and Wallace lobbing wide of an open goal should have given East Fife a lead which I don’t think Falkirk would have returned from. However non marking at the corner ensured the home win. A terrible refereeing decision for the penalty, but it ultimately didn’t mean anything regarding the outcome.

Falkirk fans being pretty realistic that the level of performance will mean a further season in third tier.

Let’s not fanny about, today was an absolute embarrassment. EF were worthy of at least a point until a piece of real skill from LG. McGuffies substitution baffling as with continued persistence with guys like Miller,Williamson ATS Dixon Jacobs Telfer. These guys are all done and should be no where near this club.

What a shambles and a win only detracts from one of the worst squads we’ve assembled. Pass marks today to Mills Watson McGuffie LG. Dowds was back to his early form today where he looked cumbersome and at all sorts. 

Unbelievably we’re still mathematically in the running. If the EF effort that cracked our bar had hit the net, it would have been justice for a dogged display by EF.

11 hours ago, GeordieBairn said:

I understand hes trying to put a positive spin on it, but Martin Rennie has to be watching a different game from me there. Is he genuinely delusional? 

Managers normally put a positive spin on all games ( or as best they can) as it protects them and players. 

He’s had a transfer window which we all know is difficult, but we’ve not adequately filled positions we needed to, yesterday’s performance was a repeat of most games to date, an absolute shitefest.

Guest Ecosse83
6 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

At what stage do we stop blaming Holt and Sheerin?

There’s no doubt they still need to take some blame but only 2 of their signings started yesterday (not as simple a that I know). 

8 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Never said they weren’t better, only making reference to another shambolic display until the Last few minutes.

Apologies but "dogged" sounds like they sat in and soaked up our attacks when "flowing" or "purposeful" might have been a better descriptors, in my view. 

Thought we started much better with 4 at the back. Telfer was first to most of the second balls bouncing off Dowds too but EF started targeting Williamson who is horrific as a right back - that got them their goal and probably influenced Rennie's decision to return to a back 5 at half time.

Ridiculous pumping high balls at a midget Griffiths trying to outjump giant lumps of defenders in the box. After his umpteenth failed attempt, his "For Fuxxakes" was heartfelt. 

Watching the team's bottle crash the moment EF scored was tragic. This is a team with zero confidence expecting the worst. It's down to the coaches to sort that and explains why adding new players makes no difference. Also explains why players leave us and instantly improve. We're a club of losers with loser's mentality. The only thing that will change that is winning matches but confusing, rigid, defensive formations with what looks like unfit players will never work. 

22 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Your doing East Fife a disservice. They were better for most of the game until the final minute capitulation. 

Watching yesterday, and noted I was in hospitality and fairly pished, I only saw 2 crap teams yesterday. Reading these comments today you would think East Fife played like Bayern Munich lol. I thought they were guff.

Looks like we are just going to have to draw a line under this season again and do another rebuild in the summer. I was all for giving Rennie the chance of doing this and giving him the time and resources in the summer but I’ve changed my mind on that front and I am now glad he only has 6 months.

Our new board has probably the biggest 3 months coming up in our clubs recent history and they have to make the right choices. If we get the management appointment wrong then god knows when/if we will ever get back to the type of club that played in the top flight or challenged in the championship to get there. Our crowds have held up pretty well considering what we have been served up on the pitch but this won’t last forever.

Gary Miller should never play for Falkirk again. He’s 34 and done, and if the manager can’t see that he’s blind. We’ve had nothing from Gary Miller in 3 years and he’s got 3 months of earning his living playing football left. Anybody with the ability to jog for 90 minutes and hit 5 yard sideways and backward passes, and fail to win tackles time and time again, could have done exactly the same as Gary Miller yesterday. 

We are now back at the stage where we might think we can roll double sixes finish fourth and win through the Playoffs, it isn’t going to happen. In the last week both Peterhead and East Fife midfields have totally dominated the games and they were bottom and second bottom of the league.

The only thing the club has got going for it is a blindly loyal support.

Guest Ecosse83

It’s obvious that so far Rennie hasn’t shown enough to get the job for next season. If things don’t improve and he does get it then it will probably be another mistake by the club. 

Oh how I’d love to be proved wrong! 

8 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

At what stage do we stop blaming Holt and Sheerin?

Next season, and maybe even beyond. You can add Deans and his crew to the list. The mess this club has been left in can’t be under estimated imo. 

Edited by Back Post Misses