The Falkirk FC Thread

Bateman, Fergus, Logan and White. Fergus…long standing? Come on now, Holt’s pal. David White was unable to commit the time as a working Director. Bateman…..long standing……but a servant? His time was up, and he too could not be part of a working Board due to time commitments at work.
Victoria Logan I do not know.

All left around the same time, call it coincidence or whatever you like.

18 minutes ago, brokeville said:

David White, Ronnie Bateman, Ian Fergus & Victoria Logan.

So they all left because Falkirk were trying to sign DGW? Is that what you have been told? 

I hope whoever interviews Rennie gives it straight. None of the usual “ Martin things didn’t go to plan….. “

First question “ Martin are you considering resigning after a continued set of abhorrent results, where it’s clear the team couldn’t give a toss….”

3 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Seemingly it was between Rennie and Rice and Rennie is mates with a board member 

Rennie is NOT a mate of ANY Board member. 

Airdrie are in their ninth season in League One and could yet be here for a tenth.  Could be our lot for how long?  Little to be optimistic about. Surely BOD have seen enough of Rennie and Millar to realise they are not the answer. Without the (W)right manager we are doomed, Captain Mainwaring, all doomed!

4 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Seemingly it was between Rennie and Rice and Rennie is mates with a board member 

Seemingly, Rice wanted the Falkirk job pretty much ahead of anything else.

If the club really had ambitions of introducing the academy again and progressively building it into a state where it supports the first team then Rice is the ideal manager to have. He believes massively in youth.

3 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Seemingly, Rice wanted the Falkirk job pretty much ahead of anything else.

If the club really had ambitions of introducing the academy again and progressively building it into a state where it supports the first team then Rice is the ideal manager to have. He believes massively in youth.

We are miles off having any worthwhile youth development again, miles off 

5 minutes ago, Johnny Tee said:

Airdrie are in their ninth season in League One and could yet be here for a tenth.  Could be our lot for how long?  Little to be optimistic about. Surely BOD have seen enough of Rennie and Millar to realise they are not the answer. Without the (W)right manager we are doomed, Captain Mainwaring, all doomed!

Without cash we are doomed. It is going to cost to clear the decks whoever the manager is and then we need to think about that horrible pitch at the Stadium. 

Just now, latapythelegend said:

I don't disagree. I know the current BOD didn't re-introduce it but why would we bother again then? it's just not feasible in League 1.

The fans were sold a lot of nonsense from the previous regime that we were going to start producing first team players again after about 5 minutes. 

Just to answer a few queries, not only did Rice want the job, he pretty much had the job until a last minute intervention by 1 board member in particular saw us end up with the ball boy.
We 100% made a bid for DGW.  
Nobody can convince me that David White left due to work commitments no matter how hard you try.

Now onto today…what the f**k was that? These players do not give a f**k and the manager is miles off it. Empty the lot at the earliest opportunity. 

1 minute ago, JulioBairn said:

Just to answer a few queries, not only did Rice want the job, he pretty much had the job until a last minute intervention by 1 board member in particular saw us end up with the ball boy.
We 100% made a bid for DGW.  
Nobody can convince me that David White left due to work commitments no matter how hard you try.

Now onto today…what the f**k was that? These players do not give a f**k and the manager is miles off it. Empty the lot at the earliest opportunity. 

Brian Rice didn’t get the job because Hamilton wouldn’t allow us to talk to him officially. 

3 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

The fans were sold a lot of nonsense from the previous regime that we were going to start producing first team players again after about 5 minutes. 

Personally I think we'd be better merging the academy teams with the foundation until such a time that we are out of this league and can maybe think about having a youth set up.