The Falkirk FC Thread

From what I've seen of Morton this season, they are well drilled, disciplined and can comfortably control midfield so I think Houston's tactics were spot on. An extra man in midfield with a striker sacrificed and we were able to control the game and really should have been winning at HT. When youre playing against teams like Morton, QOS, Alloa etc, they set up to frustrate their opponents and hit on the break or from set pieces. Dreadful to watch however.

His tactics were maybe okay but he wasn't in my opinion using the correct players in the roles required. Baird cant play up top on his own. Miller should've been given that job and we badly needed a right back that could provide some decent width and not a lumbering centre back out there whose never going to be able to beat a man, get to the bye line and get a cross in.

When youre playing against teams like Morton, QOS, Alloa etc, they set up to frustrate their opponents and hit on the break or from set pieces. Dreadful to watch however.

Excellent, a Falkirk fan filled with arrogant delusion about the stature of his club in this division.

This board is badly in need of another one of those.

Excellent, a Falkirk fan filled with arrogant delusion about the stature of his club in this division. This board is badly in need of another one of those.

Are you telling me that when your lot came to Falkirk, you were not set up to frustrate Falkirk, defend well and hit on the break?

Anyone who watched that 0-0 draw could tell you Queens were not taking any risks and Falkirk were awful that lead to a game that was dreadful to watch and if you disagree then you're either a liar or a lunatic. I wasn't even having a go at queens tbh.

Are you telling me that when your lot came to Falkirk, you were not set up to frustrate Falkirk, defend well and hit on the break?

Anyone who watched that 0-0 draw could tell you Queens were not taking any risks and Falkirk were awful that lead to a game that was dreadful to watch and if you disagree then you're either a liar or a lunatic. I wasn't even having a go at queens tbh.

Of course, it was a poor game. Fowler did indeed approach that game unnecessarily defensively. It's something he can be guilty of away from home.

It was a measure of Falkirk's ineffectiveness that they could do nothing to bring about a change.

Your post was not however, referring to a specific game. It was instead, offering lazy guidance on how sides like mine habitually approach matches against the might of Falkirk.

It displayed an arrogance that would make an OF fan blush.

(If I can side-step MT's utter horror at finding a Falkirk fan that thinks Queens set up defensively)

I've traipsed home from that stadium utterly dejected having watched us pummel teams for a full 90 minutes, on Saturday I bimbled home quite happy having seen us win another game.

There's nothing 'entertaining' about getting beat.

Of course, it was a poor game. Fowler did indeed approach that game unnecessarily defensively. It's something he can be guilty of away from home. It was a measure of Falkirk's ineffectiveness that they could do nothing to bring about a change. Your post was not however, referring to a specific game. It was instead, offering lazy guidance on how sides like mine habitually approach matches against the might of Falkirk. It displayed an arrogance that would make an OF fan blush.

To be fair, particularly at home, all of the teams mentioned have been set up precisely as he described so I don't really see what's arrogant about it. Nothing wrong with playing that way at all and it's Falkirk's fault that we are unable to break teams down.

Of course, it was a poor game. Fowler did indeed approach that game unnecessarily defensively. It's something he can be guilty of away from home. It was a measure of Falkirk's ineffectiveness that they could do nothing to bring about a change. Your post was not however, referring to a specific game. It was instead, offering lazy guidance on how sides like mine habitually approach matches against the might of Falkirk. It displayed an arrogance that would make an OF fan blush.

The examples I used were not meant to be derogatory or offensive. I used those examples because, imo, this season our worst league performances have all been against those teams and on such occasion they all played the same way tactically, defensive and counter attacking. It was simply to highlight a weakness in our game not yourselves.

For what it's worth I quite enjoy QOS's typical style of play and I was curious by your gaffer's choice to feel the need to play defensively against us. It showed us more respect than we were due tbh.

I don't think Queens or Morton played particularly defensively against us, just a severe lack of quality in the final third.

Not that we've been setting the heather alight at home this season...

Falkirk 1-0 Raith Rovers

Falkirk 2-1 Dumbarton

Falkirk 0-0 Queen of the South

Falkirk 1-0 Morton

The examples I used were not meant to be derogatory or offensive. I used those examples because, imo, this season our worst league performances have all been against those teams and on such occasion they all played the same way tactically, defensive and counter attacking. It was simply to highlight a weakness in our game not yourselves.

For what it's worth I quite enjoy QOS's typical style of play and I was curious by your gaffer's choice to feel the need to play defensively against us. It showed us more respect than we were due tbh.

Yeah, fair enough.

I don't like it however when fans of diddy clubs post in a way that implies other diddies can't compete on a level with them. Queens fans sometimes do it too and I moan at them as well. Basically, I do a lot of moaning.

Yeah, fair enough. I don't like it however when fans of diddy clubs post in a way that implies other diddies can't compete on a level with them. Queens fans sometimes do it too and I moan at them as well. Basically, I do a lot of moaning.

You should get yourself over to OneF then, you'd fit in nicely.

I don't think Queens or Morton played particularly defensively against us, just a severe lack of quality in the final third.

Not that we've been setting the heather alight at home this season...

Falkirk 1-0 Raith Rovers

Falkirk 2-1 Dumbarton

Falkirk 0-0 Queen of the South

Falkirk 1-0 Morton

I see 10 points out of 12 there and not one easy game among them

Four howling performances against teams with significantly smaller supports and budgets than us.

I think you're overestimating what we pay and underestimating what others pay.

Yes we have a bigger budget than Dumbarton and Morton but when it came down to a head to head between what our 1st 11 are paid against Queens and Raith, I wouldn't expect a great difference.

I'd also not be surprised if we weren't paying more

Yeah, fair enough. I don't like it however when fans of diddy clubs post in a way that implies other diddies can't compete on a level with them. Queens fans sometimes do it too and I moan at them as well. Basically, I do a lot of moaning.

The degree of diddyness was not evident in the original post. Only someone with a deep seated inverted snobbery would take that inference. I think he was quite rightly saying that certain teams ( no matter how large they are ) know how to frustrate us and stop us playing to our format. The great Arsenal team of the 80's I think we're brilliant at that and stopped their opponents playing to their game plan hence the 1-0 to the Arsenal chant. Nothing wrong in that tactic and not merely a tactic of the smaller teams with less income