The Falkirk FC Thread

I think the general direction of the Telfer chat was that he was better than both McGuffie and Nesbitt.

The only reason he left was because his contract was up, and FFC chose not to renew. Neither McGuffie nor Nesbitt were kept in preference to Telfer. If their contracts had expired in June, they’d be gone too.

Not reading anyone wanting Telfer back on the books let alone describing him as any sort of saviour.

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I think the general direction of the Telfer chat was that he was better than both McGuffie and Nesbitt.

The only reason he left was because his contract was up, and FFC chose not to renew. Neither McGuffie nor Nesbitt were kept in preference to Telfer. If their contracts had expired in June, they’d be gone too.

Not reading anyone wanting Telfer back on the books let alone describing him as any sort of saviour.

If he had been with another club and available for McGLynn to sign would he have taken him on? 

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

If he had been with another club and available for McGLynn to sign would he have taken him on? 

I genuinely couldn’t answer that. I would be of the opinion that he wouldn’t. However, McGlynn had his budget, and had he wished, he may have been able to sign him up as a free agent, but he didn’t, so in terms of probability it seems unlikely,  but that’s nothing more than an uninformed opinion as I don’t have a clue as to how McGlynn evaluates such things.

10 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I think that’s one that only McGlynn can answer tbh - not sure how DF is in a position to answer that ?

Really? McGlynn had the chance to offer him a new deal. He didn’t. That for me tells you what McGlynn thought of him 

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Really? McGlynn had the chance to offer him a new deal. He didn’t. That for me tells you what McGlynn thought of him 

Fair enough - I  know you are ITK but didn’t appreciate you were as close to the new board that you had insight into areas such as contract talks and signing strategies.

4 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Fair enough - I  know you are ITK but didn’t appreciate you were as close to the new board that you had insight into areas such as contract talks and signing strategies.

You don’t have to be ITK to be aware that a manager can offer an out of contract player a new contract if he wants him!

2 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Mcglynn didn't rate a single player on our books before he came in including telfer. He'd have binned every single one of them if he had had the chance.

If he did then he was very stupid not keeping it to himself.

Want to demotivate a workforce you are going to manage there is nothing more certain in achieving that by telling them they are not rated.

McGlynn has a reputation as a good man manager and motivator, so I doubt the credibility of the person that told you.

7 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

McGlynn does tend to like his players around the 6ft mark also.

Id guess Telfer was on decent money with us also

The auntie baws McGuffie, Nesbitt debate over Telfer is as pointless as this one too tho, he is an Airdrie player now

33 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

McGlynn has a reputation as a good man manager and motivator, so I doubt the credibility of the person that told you.

Does he? He’s clearly an excellent coach, and his recruitment is generally very good but I’ve heard from numerous people down the years his man management and interpersonal stuff can leave something to be desired. Honestly wouldn’t surprise me if he made that known (the not rated thing) to a few players.

22 minutes ago, MrDust said:

McGlynn does tend to like his players around the 6ft mark also.

Don’t get this either. His sides of recent years have been smaller than a good few in our league, he signed Aidan Connolly…

Edited by Enigma