The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, BooBairn said:

It’s yet more awful patter that makes us look a complete joke. Everyone can talk about crunchy carrots all they want but not at our expense. 

Then again your mates in charge can do no wrong I suppose. 

How appropriate your username! 

I have no issue with the CC video and I can't see why anybody would have one. I can't see how the video makes the club look a joke. 

The number of posts on here talking about it shows it achieved its aim. Imagine a social media company using social media to promote itself!

2 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Lewis and I are friends and I've spoken to him at length about his reasons for leaving. There are a few different ones, some of which have had greater impact on his decision than others. They're obviously personal to him so I won't go into details but I'm certain there's no danger of him going to Queens Park.

We actually had a long chat about it and other things at the stadium this morning. I was there for the strip video / photoshoot (not a signing before anyone asks) and he had an involvement in it, though not from a TV perspective. 

Nice morning in the sun. Who knew we had jail cells?

3 hours ago, Captain_Sensible said:

What’s Falkirk’s chances this season then? Without Dunfermline, clearly a much bigger club than Falkirk, but still a diddy club, you must have high hopes of promotion?

I’ve always viewed Falkirk as a sort of yo yo club between the second and third tiers of Scottish football so it’ll be interesting to see how you do this season 

You’re far to obvious here, try harder and maybe be more subtle next time and you might actually get a few genuine bites. All you’ve done is made yourself look a bit simple with this one 

13 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

You’re far to obvious here, try harder and maybe be more subtle next time and you might actually get a few genuine bites. All you’ve done is made yourself look a bit simple with this one 

If you’re going to call someone simple you should at least know the difference between “to” and “too”

:1eye

3 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

...I was there for the strip video / photoshoot (not a signing before anyone asks) and he had an involvement in it...

Interesting especially since Lewis is a strip aficionado as far as I know. 

Intrigued that the newest effort might incorporate some of our classic designs to kick off the new era 🤔

Guest Brockvillenomore
3 hours ago, BooBairn said:

On the defensive. The mates patter clearly doesn’t get to you. 

See the posts that single people out like this are a real problem for me. We had a terrible remark directed at SD a week or so ago and now this. It’s not hard, respect the fact we’re anonymous and if somebody’s identity is known for whatever reason, don’t hide behind your anonymity while targeting them. 

2 hours ago, Brockvillenomore said:

See the posts that single people out like this are a real problem for me. We had a terrible remark directed at SD a week or so ago and now this. It’s not hard, respect the fact we’re anonymous and if somebody’s identity is known for whatever reason, don’t hide behind your anonymity while targeting them. 

The two posts that you mention are nothing like each other. The first post about BPM is fair game as far as I’m concerned, however I agree with you, the second post aimed at SD/SC was well out of order.

BooBairn’s post directed at BPM merely references BPM’s self-proclaimed association with some of the board members from way back when they were first appointed. I’m paraphrasing here but his post was something like “I know these guys, they are good business men, good Falkirk fans and will only have the interests of the club at heart. Nigel Serafini this, Nigel Serafini that” You get the picture.

The earlier post that you commented on which was about SD/SC was on a totally different level. It was very personal, cruel and hurtful, dredging up an incident from his past that had no place on a football forum.

7 hours ago, Jimmy1876 said:

Really don't see the issue with this video. They get constant ridicule about the name/logo and have made a video poking fun at that rather than just announcing sponsorship and having the same comments again. Think it's all in good fun and made me chuckle. 

Also is it really that surprising a social media management company are following trends of social media that will get them exposure?

This is exactly it. Raith’s “Dick extension” grated on some people, but it also has 10.1 million views, 50.6k likes and 11.4k retweets. It was silly and juvenile, but the reach it had is massive. You’re at 181.1k after 15 hours…it’s not huge, but it’s pretty dam solid and the kind of exposure that will increase the value of your next shirt sponsor deal because that’s where we are now.

1 hour ago, Bairn in Exile said:

The two posts that you mention are nothing like each other. The first post about BPM is fair game as far as I’m concerned, however I agree with you, the second post aimed at SD/SC was well out of order.

BooBairn’s post directed at BPM merely references BPM’s self-proclaimed association with some of the board members from way back when they were first appointed. I’m paraphrasing here but his post was something like “I know these guys, they are good business men, good Falkirk fans and will only have the interests of the club at heart. Nigel Serafini this, Nigel Serafini that” You get the picture.

The earlier post that you commented on which was about SD/SC was on a totally different level. It was very personal, cruel and hurtful, dredging up an incident from his past that had no place on a football forum.

I was right too. They are good 

Guest Brockvillenomore
3 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Good points and I don’t remember seeing the original BPM post, but it’s repeated cheap shots, dismissing somebody’s opinion because of their association / loyalty to the club and people in it.

I don’t see that with BB for example.

Debate the point, not the person. 

Edited by Brockvillenomore

8 hours ago, Brockvillenomore said:

Still salty about it I see.  My point remains the same - if you're going to make personal comments about people (as SD does on a regular basis) then you better be prepared to take them too.  As my auld granny used to say "Don't dish it out if you can't take it."