The Falkirk FC Thread

I see on bbc that Thomas Grant has signed for Fleetwood. Seems a decent move for him managing to get a contract at League 1 considering things haven't quite worked out at Falkirk.

Has been down there back and forth on trial recently. Good luck to the lad. Shame it didn't work out for him here. Looked a good prospect

Three years ago today Steven Pressley left Falkirk. The improvement year on year is no coincidence.

Holt and Houston reaping the benefits of Pressleys work with players such as Sibbald, Alston etc. Not to forget the players we sold under SP to give the club a sound financial base to work from

Defo a coincidence..

Holt and Houston reaping the benefits of Pressleys work with players such as Sibbald, Alston etc. Not to forget the players we sold under SP to give the club a sound financial base to work from

Defo a coincidence..

Sibbald and Alston were our academy players... We'd be more accurate saying Ross Wilson who I assume actually brought them to the club. Elvis played these guys as he had NO choice, don't make him out some kind of genius.

What I will accept is that Elvis got a lot out his teams. But they weren't as good to watch as Holts team, and lost frequently to sides we should have been beating. Houston is getting much more out our players than Stubbs is getting from his. Houstie has proven he's a far better manager than Pressley IMO

Edited by BountyBairn

Holt's team was great to watch going forward, but looking at the results from that season, what should have been a title for us turned into playoff heartbreak because we dropped so many points to teams we should have blootered.

Defo a coincidence..

Aye you're right actually, Sibbald and Alston would never have been good enough if Pressley hadn't brought them through :lol:

Hope Street/Kevin's Dad having an absolute mare here. Taking photos of a newspaper article and everything. Who even buys a newspaper anymore?

FWIW, couldn't care less if he does have an attitude problem, not that I think he does. Let his football do the talking.

Pretty sure O'Hara's old man posts on here actually.

His dad? No. took long enough I suppose. Having a mare? In your opinion.

Again, just trying to dispel false rumours about a kid. They have a hard enough time trying to make their way in the game without people who think "they are in the know" spouting crap,

I don't believe anybody thinks he has an attitude problem. Being fooled by a Hibs fan who regularly winds up Falkirk fans doesn't help your cause. Have some Netflix and chill time m8.

Defo a coincidence..

I wasn't a total Pressley hater but this is nonsense. He was forced to work with the younger players, it wasn't his choice. We have since sold players since he's left as well so not sure what your point with that one is.

I wasn't a total Pressley hater but this is nonsense. He was forced to work with the younger players, it wasn't his choice. We have since sold players since he's left as well so not sure what your point with that one is.

I was probably in the same boat, even when it got a little tight for Elvis. I  agree his hand was forced into playing a lot of our academy players after a brutal season down with the expensive flops. I do think he came into his element helping, coaching and encouraging the young players that season but overall was far too defensive for my liking, losing or drawing games we shouldnt due to his negative approach and being happy with away points. The funny thing is that he became pretty gung-ho at Coventry.

He can talk a good game and had the press in Scotland wetting themselves over him, still much the 60/40 over his term with us albeit in his favour as I was when he was here, I dont think many were upset when he left

His dad? No. took long enough I suppose. Having a mare? In your opinion.

Again, just trying to dispel false rumours about a kid. They have a hard enough time trying to make their way in the game without people who think "they are in the know" spouting crap,

Don't shoot the messenger, just passing on what I've heard.

I'm pretty sure it was just a fleeting comment that never intended to carry so much weight and cause a vein popping reaction. Can't see any attitude problem with O'Hara, knickers untwisted now please.

Thank you, this is correct.

The most shocking thing in this whole saga is George Craig having a friend.

I was speaking to someone today who ran into him and a few of the Hibs players including Farid in a bar in Puerto Banus yesterday. Still speaking GC speak apparently.

Clearly Hibs preparing professionally for the final.

I was speaking to someone today who ran into him and a few of the Hibs players including Farid in a bar in Puerto Banus yesterday. Still speaking GC speak apparently.

Clearly Hibs preparing professionally for the final.

Third person?