The Falkirk FC Thread

8 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

No.3 is the worst one for me, scrapping the youth academy (again) & B teams to free up funds to sign a RB. Have we learned nothing from the Campbell/Lang/Hartley era? What if that RB is pish and goes the same way as the other duds that have stunk the place out for the past seasons. He leaves and we are back to square one/ground zero in our football infrastructure.

Can anyone see the irony in hoping for a windfall from a sell on fee of an academy player - Fulton - from the distant past, and also at the same time wanting the fledgling B team closed down to sign a RB. 

No one has proposed scrapping the academy. My point is if we are part time next season, there will be no full time pathway for anyone, including youth players. 

2 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

No one has proposed scrapping the academy. My point is if we are part time next season, there will be no full time pathway for anyone, including youth players. 

Really don’t think that would be the case IF we went to some kind of hybrid set up as was suggested MAY happen, it would be more likely young academy graduates would be pushed into the first team as full time pro’s when money is tight supplemented by a few experienced pro’s and some part time players but regardless of that how would scraping part of the academy be it the B team or whatever other facet solve this worst case scenario you are predicting anyway? By at a push diverting enough cash to perhaps sign an extra first team player on a 6 month deal this season? What difference is that going to make in reality?   (I doubt the funds saved would even cover that)

Edited by LatapyBairn.

42 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

Thanks 

Any patg tomorrow 

No patg.

Falkirk supporters will be located in the Colin Weir Stand for Saturday’s tie.

Ticket prices for Falkirk fans are:

Adults – £15

Concessions – £10

Under 16 – £5

Edited by jagfox

8 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

The product from the restart of the academy will not be seen yet and must have factored in the business model.

If the club were to scrap the academy again then its over for good as the clubs credibility would be shot. Come what may Full time / Hybrid / Part time the board must stick with it even if it means playing the occasional 16-17 year old and benching them on the subs bench. 

10 hours ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

Hamilton picking up the cash from the predecessors decision to close our Academy, ironically we might have had our attacking midfielder we are looking for now.

Norwich FC

Good luck to the boy.

I'd hope we'd certainly have given him a couple of years in the first team before moving on. All depends on how much cash you have in hand though.  Whether he'll end up a Fulton or  unfortunately a Blair who knows time will tell.

3 hours ago, jagfox said:

No patg.

Falkirk supporters will be located in the Colin Weir Stand for Saturday’s tie.

Ticket prices for Falkirk fans are:

Adults – £15

Concessions – £10

Under 16 – £5

Is that the shitey old main stand? God knows how the feck he fitted in it.

On 19/07/2023 at 08:38, LeodhasXD said:

One thing that really does tilt me is his name isn't Ross Mac-Aye-vor

It's Ross Mac-ee-ver. Good practice to ask a player how to say their name. Although a few stray pronunciations will creep in always.

Respectfully, this is total bollocks. I spoke with him not long after he signed and he said himself it’s pronounced ‘Mac-aye-ver’.

23 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

No.3 is the worst one for me, scrapping the youth academy (again) & B teams to free up funds to sign a RB. Have we learned nothing from the Campbell/Lang/Hartley era? What if that RB is pish and goes the same way as the other duds that have stunk the place out for the past seasons. He leaves and we are back to square one/ground zero in our football infrastructure.

Can anyone see the irony in hoping for a windfall from a sell on fee of an academy player - Fulton - from the distant past, and also at the same time wanting the fledgling B team closed down to sign a RB. 

There is an old saying strategy is a commodity, execution is the art!

You just need to get out of league 1 somehow and into the championship and then build things like academies from there- easier said than done, but all resources should be focused on that…

It shouldn’t take anything like “all our resources” to get out of L1. What it takes is competent management at all levels of the club.

”Competency” and Falkirk FC have been strangers for a good few years up until December 2021, and while there is still plenty that’s not right, some important aspects have clearly been turned around. To be stumbling around as we were two or three years ago, and then have Deans and his sidekicks appoint Sheerin (and more appallingly, Gary Holt), those were the straws that finally broke the camel’s back.

Martin Rennie was really neither here nor there. Miles out of his depth, and demonstrably worse than Sheerin……but the damage was already done by the time his “rapid turnaround” chat proved to be yet more bs.

Now we have an experienced manager, but one who has not actually set the heather on fire, but the resources splashed out on the management team and squad should be easily enough to get out of L1 without touching a penny of what is spent elsewhere.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

8 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Can't believe those gonks won't accept cash tomorrow.

Day out in Glasgow will now be spent at Banksy instead.

All you need to do it buy a ticket online. Takes about 10 seconds.