The Falkirk FC Thread

10 hours ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Was thinking same re the Hamilton website and tickets for our game. Been checking for a week or two and surprised I couldn't see anything. That's another positive for our marketing you can buy home tickets now for pretty much any game, so fan gets comfort of the ticket they want and club gets money early.

Defo. Falkirk's website is so much better than the clubs around them and it isn't even remotely close. Accies need to sort this out. Just over a week until the game and none of us even know what's happening.

Kudos on the Simpsons display pic btw 🤣

13 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

Defo. Falkirk's website is so much better than the clubs around them and it isn't even remotely close. Accies need to sort this out. Just over a week until the game and none of us even know what's happening.

Kudos on the Simpsons display pic btw 🤣

Kick off is 3pm next Saturday, what else do you need to know?

Saw a post about a week ago from an Accies fan on twitter. Apparently the little astro bit at the end in front of the Sainsbury’s is being used as an ice rink for families etc for Christmas. He posted a picture that they were selling tickets for the Saturday we play them, would be brilliant entertainment 😂😂

23 minutes ago, Springfield said:

https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/2023/12/07/board-update-5/m

Nothing new in this Press release. Some concern that the overwhelming message is to get the FSS numbers up. Look like its the only plan on the table. 

I would say it's the best plan, if it can be made to work. Surely as fans we want to be the only people in control of the club?

The alternative is inviting in folk like Mark Campbell, George Fulton or Hamish Deans. If you're old enough to remember the last two names you'll know how well they worked out for us. 

I would be great if we could have well-off local people investing in the club as part of the third leg of the stool. But if none of them are coming forward to chuck in a few hundred thousand, then it's up to the fans.  Which means FSS. 

44 minutes ago, Springfield said:

https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/2023/12/07/board-update-5/m

Nothing new in this Press release. Some concern that the overwhelming message is to get the FSS numbers up. Look like its the only plan on the table. 

Think it always was the plan - not like there are any Falkirk-loving sugar daddies out there. That’s two years since this started. Not bad so far. 

It’s been a fantastic effort from every single fan/supporter that the numbers are now at 850.
The point is that we are falling considerably short of the numbers we need to plug the financial gap.
Yes I remember the Fulstons/Deans eras, but with our current fantastic start, with easily the best set of players we’ve put together for the past few seasons, we’re still on a knife edge. As said my concern is that the BOD / FSS have no alternative option at present, and  solely relying on the current squad winning the league. 

2 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Forecast is plus temperatures and rain as far as I can see so I would think so.

2 hours ago, Mevilc Bairn said:

Think they might mean regarding gas pipe problem. 

Yeah I was meaning about the gas leak. My brother-in-law works down there and so far he's not been told if they're to go back in tomorrow as they're not sure how safe it is. 

11 minutes ago, Springfield said:

It’s been a fantastic effort from every single fan/supporter that the numbers are now at 850.
The point is that we are falling considerably short of the numbers we need to plug the financial gap.
Yes I remember the Fulstons/Deans eras, but with our current fantastic start, with easily the best set of players we’ve put together for the past few seasons, we’re still on a knife edge. As said my concern is that the BOD / FSS have no alternative option at present, and  solely relying on the current squad winning the league. 

True, though there isn’t really an alternative. Next 6 months are big. 

4 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Huge gamble 

Huge gamble taking no risk either though. Had we budgeted for no extra in the playing squad this year we’d be in QOS position or worse. 

Hard to imagine our starting X1 with no Lang, Spencer, Miller or Ross. 

6 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Huge gamble 

Not sure it was a gamble. The alternative was managed decline, which would probably have been fatal at the start of this season. But it will be the policy next season if we don’t go up or get an unexpected cash boost.