The Falkirk FC Thread

7 minutes ago, Dave McInally said:

Thinking of recent chat and because I’m at a bit of a loose end, thought I’d list our top league scorers for the past 30 years. 

*23/24 Callumn Morrison 19(0)- 12

*22/23 Callumn Morrison 32(3)- 12

*21/22 Callumn Morrison 15(5)- 8

*20/21 Callumn Morrison 21(1)- 7

*19/20 Declan McManus 26(0)- 19

18/19 Zak Rudden 29(2)- 12 

17/18 Louis Longridge 24(1)- 7

16/17 Craig Sibbald 35(1)- 10

15/16 John Baird 35(1)- 17

14/15 Rory Loy 26(0)- 9

13/14 Rory Loy 34(0)- 20

12/13 Lyle Taylor 34(0)- 24

11/12 Faird El Alagui 33(0)- 18

10/11 Mark Stewart 31(4)- 15

#09/10 Pedro Moutinho 26(6)- 6

#08/09 Steve Lovell 25(3)- 8

# 07/08 Pedro Moutinho 29(8)- 8

# 06/07 Anthony Stokes 16(0)- 14

# 05/06 Darryl Duffy 19(2)- 9

04/05 Darryl Duffy 35(0)- 17

03/04 Jason Lee 27(2)- 8

02/03 Owen Coyle 36(0)- 20

01/02 Lee Miller 27(0)- 11

00/01 Gareth Hutchinson 34(2)- 11

99/00 Scott Crabbe 34(0)- 13

98/99 Marino Keith 27(2)- 17

97/98 David Moss 30(0)- 12

96/97 Mark McGraw 20(9)- 8

# 95/96 Paul McGrillen 24(5)- 6

# 94/95 Colin McDonald 26(5)- 9

93/94 Richard Cadette 39(0)- 17

*= Championship/First Division

#= Premier Divison/SPL

Who’s your favourite? 

My favourite would still be Cadette I think but some great players in that list 👏🏻

14 minutes ago, Dave McInally said:

Thinking of recent chat and because I’m at a bit of a loose end, thought I’d list our top league scorers for the past 30 years. 

14/15 Rory Loy 26(0)- 9

13/14 Rory Loy 34(0)- 20

03/04 Jason Lee 27(2)- 8

*= Championship/First Division

#= Premier Divison/SPL

Any favourites?

Farid

16 minutes ago, Dave McInally said:

14/15 Rory Loy 26(0)- 9

13/14 Rory Loy 34(0)- 20

03/04 Jason Lee 27(2)- 8

*= League One

#= Premier Divison/SPL

Any favourites?

Stokes was just ridiculous that season. Bear in mind that it took him a few games to get going tae. Crazy that Lyle Taylor is the top goalscorer of the last 30 years.

A wee bit off-topic, but was looking ahead to Kelty away and it got me thinking - I usually just make my own way to away games but I might use a FSC this time. There are a few to choose from, but I was wondering if anyone in here regularly uses any FSCs for away days, which ones, and why?

I'm bored; here's my thoughts on some of them:

Stokes linking up with Latapy and Gow over that six month period was truly something special. Some of my favourite memories watching Falkirk during that time; a team playing attacking football in the SPL, going to toe-to-toe with the Old Firm and the Edinburgh clubs. When you look back at seasons like that, it really does show how far we've fallen since.

Farid - almost by himself - re-established a bond between the fans and the club that had been lost since arguably Yogi's last season; that season petered out unfortunately, but he was a real fan favourite the year he was here.

It was clear to see Lyle Taylor was a natural finisher and he arguably carried what was an incredibly young side to 3rd that season. However, he was also the complete opposite to Farid; an absolute bellend, and in recent years has outed himself as a massive Tory. Also missed a sitter to make it 4-0 vs Hibs, so I can't in all conscience remember him that fondly.

Rory Loy was a funny one; an underwhelming signing at the time, but quickly endeared himself by just how hard he worked. Always talks fondly about Falkirk to this day.

John Baird was brilliant and a player I always hoped we'd sign when he was at Raith. Arguably stayed a season too long.

I often think it's overlooked what an achievement it was for 18 year old Zak Rudden to get 12 league goals in his first season in professional football in the Championship. That team he played in was dug meat. Would likely have been down earlier if it wasn't for him. Was just here to score fucking goals and worked his arse off too.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

40 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Stokes linking up with Latapy and Gow over that six month period was truly something special. Some of my favourite memories watching Falkirk during that time; a team playing attacking football in the SPL, going to toe-to-toe with the Old Firm and the Edinburgh clubs. When you look back at seasons like that, it really does show how far we've fallen since.

Farid - almost by himself - re-established a bond between the fans and the club that had been lost since arguably Yogi's last season; that season petered out unfortunately, but he was a real fan favourite the year he was here.

It was clear to see Lyle Taylor was a natural finisher and he arguably carried what was an incredibly young side to 3rd that season. However, he was also the complete opposite to Farid; an absolute bellend, and in recent years has outed himself as a massive Tory. Also missed a sitter to make it 4-0 vs Hibs, so I can't in all conscience remember him that fondly.

Rory Loy was a funny one; an underwhelming signing at the time, but quickly endeared himself by just how hard he worked. Always talks fondly about Falkirk to this day.

John Baird was brilliant and a player I always hoped we'd sign when he was at Raith. Arguably stayed a season too long.

I often think it's overlooked what an achievement it was for 18 year old Zak Rudden to get 12 league goals in his first season in professional football in the Championship. That team he played in was absolute fucking dug meat. Would likely have been down earlier if it wasn't for him. Was just here to score fucking goals and worked his arse off too.

Good summation. 

I thought Scott Crabbe was a great technical forward. Didn’t score loads of goals but always looked a class act. 

Seen a recent tweet about the usual misinformed rubbish about us having not put money in to rebuild our stadium and spending it on players. Truth is we’d never have the money to rebuild Brockville to meet the ridiculous 10,000 seater rule and glad we didn’t try as some of those clubs are still suffering. 

Not like we were spending loads of money on players we could ill afford either as still lost our best players season upon season to the likes of Ayr, Dundee, Livingston, Dunfermline, St.Mirren and others. Still think Alex Totten doesn’t quite get the respect he deserves  for how he managed to continually rebuild teams that always competed with teams with superior budgets but it was never like we spent massive amounts on our own squad. 

Edited by Dave McInally

2 hours ago, some_guy said:

wtf is with the 'commentary'?! 

Now that I've listened back I'll give you that some odd moments. Possibly the hazards of doing editing in front of a pub dinner although I can't rule out not caring for watching anymore of the 0-5😂

Video chat for those whose favourite topic it is:

Spoiler

The Internet thing was talking in the live stream about controlling the overlays - the control is internet based so really either of us can do it but Kieren gave me a concerned look at his phone before we soldiered on because it wasn't connecting to the wifi. Ideally you'd have a separate cameraman, commentators and producer. The only time we've had that is with pixellot. I was especially irritated at Motherwell because I thought I wouldn't have to multitask with the camera - its in the commercial agreement that host broadcaster should supply a feed to the away team but they were either knowingly ignorant (impossible because we made multiple requests to them for it) or they just messed us around. 

The quiet bit is my own skill issue.  I was cutting bits of commentary at the end. I record my commentators on right and left. So if I want to cut one of them out I can just turn the left or right channel off to leave the crowd noise. Just not made a cut and muted the entire clip instead of the small section on the goal.

I've got the archive with both versions commentary/ambient noise recorded. Future generations can enjoy with or without 

1 hour ago, Raybowski89 said:

A wee bit off-topic, but was looking ahead to Kelty away and it got me thinking - I usually just make my own way to away games but I might use a FSC this time. There are a few to choose from, but I was wondering if anyone in here regularly uses any FSCs for away days, which ones, and why?

Would depend where you are based but a few still run buses to away games. Travel regularly with Elliot’s & they take bookings via FB. 

Falkirk town centre - Elliot’s FSC, Cheerz Bar FSC, Colonial Bar FSC & sometimes BTW run away game coaches too. 

Camelon - Kevin McAllister FSC

Grangemouth - Falkirk Supporters Association

1 minute ago, RC55 FFC said:

Would depend where you are based but a few still run buses to away games. Travel regularly with Elliot’s & they take bookings via FB. 

Falkirk town centre - Elliot’s FSC, Cheerz Bar FSC, Colonial Bar FSC & sometimes BTW run away game coaches too. 

Camelon - Kevin McAllister FSC

Grangemouth - Falkirk Supporters Association

Thanks for the info mate!

I live in Ayrshire these days, so there's not one FSC in particular that's more beneficial than others, location-wise. Kevin McAllister in Kemlin, maybe, due to its close proximity to the train station.

52 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

I often think it's overlooked what an achievement it was for 18 year old Zak Rudden to get 12 league goals in his first season in professional football in the Championship. That team he played in was dug meat. Would likely have been down earlier if it wasn't for him. Was just here to score fucking goals and worked his arse off too.

One of my great moments was Kevin McAllister's debut against Leeds at Brockville when he ripped Scotland's International left back a new arsehole and twisted him so much he nearly screwed himself into the ground.

Had watched him a few times at Camelon Juniors, and he stood out how he handled himself against these old pro's and a rough playing surface and still played sublime football.

Seeing him run onto the pitch said to everybody around me is the stand. 'You're about to witness something special and the arrival of a Falkirk icon' One of these players that got you on your feet in anticipation every time he got the ball.

23 hours ago, Kircer bairn said:

Anybody else heard an unsubstantiated rumour that another striker from overseas coming in before end of window?

Marc McNulty rumour that someone posted on here because he's pals with Shanley? Non starter even if there was a microcosm of truth to it we couldn't afford his wages. 

Stokes was just ridiculous that season. Bear in mind that it took him a few games to get going tae. Crazy that Lyle Taylor is the top goalscorer of the last 30 years.

Stokes first game at Ibrox, I came away thinking he was far too slight.

I met him in behind the wall after one of his hat-tricks with him sporting a black eye with me being such a fan boy 😶

Jason Lee being our top goal scorer is freaky, first game v Inverness we thought we'd signed a player as I stayed in the stenhousemuir cricket club till closing time then back to a friend's for drinks.

Latapy tho was an absolute joy to watch, I remember him ripping Barry Ferguson a new arsehole at Ibrox after he came back from his EPL journey, Latapy was 37/38. He was another signing that made you think more of his off field exploits, his age and how his career hadn't really went well after Hibs. Yogi probably takes a bit credit in how to manage him 

2 hours ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Stokes linking up with Latapy and Gow over that six month period was truly something special. 

I remember one of Stokes' first games at TFS and he was making runs that players at Arsenal might have read but not ours! Once Latapy tuned that was it though. 

8 hours ago, Dave McInally said:

If that’s true then I’d be really disappointed. The guys do a lot of work on match days and are critical to the operation. For all the extra money we’re bringing in we should be looking after our own, first and foremost(if true they don’t get paid for matchdays).

It is not true. There are two people on the payroll who job share the media role. The commentators are volunteers 

3 minutes ago, BPM Again said:

It is not true. There are two people on the payroll who job share the media role. The commentators are volunteers 

Yeh I know but the comment was that they don’t get paid for match days so just responding to that. Hopefully not true either. 

This was the job advertisement at the time which does mention a mix of voluntary hours.

https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/2021/09/07/media-officers-join-our-team/

Edited by Dave McInally

Thanks for the info mate!

I live in Ayrshire these days, so there's not one FSC in particular that's more beneficial than others, location-wise. Kevin McAllister in Kemlin, maybe, due to its close proximity to the train station.

Elliot’s is 30 seconds walk from Grahamston 

6 minutes ago, Dave McInally said:

Yeh I know but the comment was that they don’t get paid for match days so just responding to that. Hopefully not true either. 

This was the job advertisement at the time which does mention a mix of voluntary hours.

https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/2021/09/07/media-officers-join-our-team/

It is not true, that was 2021 under Deans etc

Edited by BPM Again

3 minutes ago, BPM Again said:

It is not true, that was 2021 under Deans etc

It’s the same guys in the roles so hopefully their contracts have changed, as you say.