The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Herald had Agyeman's quoted as a 3 year deal, the club never seem to have announced how long it was though.

It was two years. I asked him when I photographed him. It's not a secret, but as he was announced before the end of last season the intention was to give out his contract details when he turned up for preseason in June. I guess that got forgotten about. 

3 hours ago, Jimmy1876 said:

I think it would be pretty strange to put Cal on the cover of the TNS programme as the club has just published if he was leaving 

Hendo and Coll have both just signed contract extensions, Cal and Finn to be announced next? 🤞😁

53 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

I honestly can't believe we signed a player as good as Miller. We'll have some fight on our hands keeping him beyond this summer if he keeps up his current form. He's not only better than this level, he's MILES better than this level. Hope he isn't out of contract in 2025!

If we go up the championship might be a leveller for some players though (Miller apart) there's not a lot between all the teams generally. McGlynn has had it kind of all his own way this season so far. If we go up he'll want to improve again. For me that means binning both keepers, Mackie, Oliver, McGinn, Bisland off the top of my head. 

6 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

If we go up the championship might be a leveller for some players though (Miller apart) there's not a lot between all the teams generally. McGlynn has had it kind of all his own way this season so far. If we go up he'll want to improve again. For me that means binning both keepers, Mackie, Oliver, McGinn, Bisland off the top of my head. 

One game at a time 

3 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Of our established, first pick outfield 10 we haven't had a single failure this season. I'd hate to see any of them go before the end of the season but I just think that Morrison has got that something extra about him that can be the difference between us drawing or winning . I'll never forget that goal against Montrose for as long as I live. He can go for free at the end of the season with my blessing but I'd be absolutely gutted if he left this window.

Only one league defeat for us when Morrison has scored is wild considering him being in the worst season I've witnessed as a Falkirk fan, in fact that league game was in that season 😂

Morrison has been a big player for us, game winner, game changer and not afraid to get stuck in. 

I very much doubt he'll be here next season, young family double or possibly more his current wage is a no brainer to make as much as he can. I doubt he will leave football as a player with enough to retire on but he can make himself very comfortable.

He's been a decent player even through the shit years 

37 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Think all of these guys are out of contact in the summer? Definitely the loanees, Mackie, mcginn and hogarth are. Can only really see hogarth and at a push Oliver being offered extensions. An experienced keeper would probably be the target in the summer.

1 hour ago, ebobsboy said:

I like Oliver as I think he's a useful (and versatile) option off the bench but I do tend to agree that we should look to replace him in the summer. Scott Arfield maybe?????

I’ve just seen, albeit on Transfermarkt, that the Norn Iron transfer window closed yesterday. I guess that means he can’t go to Linfield in the next 64 minutes. 

Suppose Lanarkshire still isn’t out the question. 

Edited to add: I’m a fkn 52 year old man wanting to go to bed but can’t go because I need to know if we’ll still have Callumn Morrison in the morning. Jesus. 

Edited by StuartA

I feel it's inevitable we'd have to strengthen if we were to go up into the Championship - as sad as it may be, some players inevitably only play one part of the journey. Just because they're perhaps good enough to get us into the Championship doesn't mean they're good enough to play for us there. But let's cross that bridge if and when we come to it - it's very much a future problem. This squad as it is still have a job to do over the next 14 league games and we need to get behind them in every single one.

Just now, 18BAIRN76 said:

I feel it's inevitable we'd have to strengthen if we were to go up into the Championship - as sad as it may be, some players inevitably only play one part of the journey. Just because they're perhaps good enough to get us into the Championship doesn't mean they're good enough to play for us there. But let's cross that bridge if and when we come to it - it's very much a future problem. This squad as it is still have a job to do over the next 14 league games and we need to get behind them in every single one.

IMG_5783.jpeg

IF we were to go up I think we’re in a great position. Most of our 11 would stay, barring Gk and possibly Morrison (although maybe we can lure him with champ football and improved wages). I’d also be more than happy with the 11 as championship footballers. That means any player brought in should be looking to add quality - high on the list would be a striker, and some full back cover/starters 

6 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Is that not the laddie Homes? I think Beazer was his first name?

Should’ve spotted that. Back in the day when squad names were on the front of the shirt. Budweiser Budvar was some player too. 

incidentally all our title winning seasons have had sponsors that begin with a B so hopefully this one bucks the trend! 

Edited by Dave Mc

12 minutes ago, Dave Mc said:

Random question but anyone remember this guy playing for Falkirk?

IMG_8488.jpeg

To give it away, it’s David McGlynn. Only played a couple of games for us in 3 seasons but just happened to stumble across it tonight. John’s nephew. Can’t remember it having been mentioned before.