The Falkirk FC Thread

I’ve been watching re-runs of the Falkirk TV highlights packages on YouTube (as you do) and couldn’t help but notice that the Ultras being slap bang in the middle of the away stand at NDP created a fantastic atmosphere and seemed to “grow” the participation of fans on both sides of them.

Now, somebody will need to help me out here – in the KM7 stand do you have to sit in an allocated seat or is first come, first served? I don’t understand why the Ultras seem to be squashed into the corner near the main stand, surely they would generate more noise and atmosphere if they located themselves right behind the goals? Would it cause too many problems with supporters who traditionally sit behind the goals?

I watch all the games on Falkirk TV so maybe some of you who actually sit in the KM7 stand can give me your input?

4 hours ago, Believe The Hype said:

Calum Morrison FSC

On good authority he was offered double plus all expenses at Linfield. If anything would have been a pca. He loves Falkirk and being a part of this. The fact he has stuck by us through thick and thin speaks volumes. 

May well have still signed and clubs haven’t announced. Either way, delighted he’s still here and know he’ll give 100%

Maybe I’m naive but I didn’t think Morrison would leave this window for a second. Think McGinn has alluded to this being one of the best changing rooms he has been in, why would you want to leave now? Still have plenty offers in the summer no doubt. 

Perhaps unpopular opinion on this as well but interested in others thoughts. I’d be looking to extend McCann and Yeats contracts too but maybe only a year extension, is that harsh? We’ve let people go out of contract before I guess so maybe what does it matter? The evidence hasn’t been there this season but have a nagging feeling IF (not when, IF) we were to go up, I’d want to upgrade both full backs, or at least have better competition for them both. Not a particularly big fan of Mackie and Bisland will go back to Dundee United.

Delighted Col and Hendo on a 2 year deal though, more than capable at that level and extremely important players for us.

4 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Bit confused with this post. What are you telling us? If you’re saying he’s been offered a PCA then he could still sign that at any time and move in June, transfer window isn’t going to effect the ability for that to still happen. Or are you telling us he has rejected an PCA at Linfield and is now signing with Falkirk again??

Sorry, yeah my main point was that he hasn't left us in this window. Which for me was the main thing. Pca or not. 

15 hours ago, Blame Me said:

... I'll hedge my bets and say he won't be going anywhere tonight. ...

😅 

Glad to be proved correct! I will admit I was worried.

Can we all now agree that the Daily Record is a complete rag - if it were in any doubt. 

I am absolutely resigned to Morrison leaving at the end of the season. I have made peace with that and will wish him all the best.  Delighted we have him for the rest of this season, fingers crossed 🤞 he leaves with a title winners medal 

Good transfer window, and no players leaving. Undoubtedly there’s been interest in Morrison, but couldn’t give a toss, when he’s on form he's a player most other defences don’t like playing against. The width and pace across the team is great, and if we keep the form like last Saturday we won’t be far away. 

45 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

😅 

Glad to be proved correct! I will admit I was worried.

Can we all now agree that the Daily Record is a complete rag - if it were in any doubt. 

The Daily Record is in the same category as Th Sun. Not even worthy for bog roll 

If we do go up we'll still be one of the highest wage bills in the Championship. 

There's not many clubs we'll lose players to. Most, if not all, of our squad isn't Premiership standard so would be sideways moves. 

I'm confident we'll still have all of this squad bar Morrison next season if we want them. 

I hope he gets a good move in the summer for a 4 figure weekly wage. 

1 hour ago, Anthony Fitzgerald said:

Maybe I’m naive but I didn’t think Morrison would leave this window for a second. Think McGinn has alluded to this being one of the best changing rooms he has been in, why would you want to leave now? Still have plenty offers in the summer no doubt. 

Perhaps unpopular opinion on this as well but interested in others thoughts. I’d be looking to extend McCann and Yeats contracts too but maybe only a year extension, is that harsh? We’ve let people go out of contract before I guess so maybe what does it matter? The evidence hasn’t been there this season but have a nagging feeling IF (not when, IF) we were to go up, I’d want to upgrade both full backs, or at least have better competition for them both. Not a particularly big fan of Mackie and Bisland will go back to Dundee United.

Delighted Col and Hendo on a 2 year deal though, more than capable at that level and extremely important players for us.

I think McCann's a terrific player, especially from an offensive point of view. I'd be gutted if we lose him as he's more than capable of performing well in the Championship IMO.

36 minutes ago, Baggio said:

I am absolutely resigned to Morrison leaving at the end of the season. I have made peace with that and will wish him all the best.  Delighted we have him for the rest of this season, fingers crossed 🤞 he leaves with a title winners medal 

Falkirk were good for Morrison and Morrison was good for Falkirk.

It will not have gone unnoticed to players today that are in Morrisons situation, 4 years ago how the club behaved and improved the player to move on to bigger things.

It was that reputation that made Vaulks chose Falkirk.

Well done to all involved and that includer Miller and McCracken who I think signed him

4 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Falkirk were good for Morrison and Morrison was good for Falkirk.

It will not have gone unnoticed to players today that are in Morrisons situation, 4 years ago how the club behaved and improved the player to move on to bigger things.

It was that reputation that made Vaulks chose Falkirk.

Well done to all involved and that includer Miller and McCracken who I think signed him

Falkirk also invested in Morrison when he had his knee surgery a couple of seasons back, made sure he saw the best people and may have saved his career. We do things the right way, and that will no doubt have helped make the decision to stay for a league and cup double easier.