Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

face saving by Paul Murray on Sportsound just now.........

"I didn't want to go down the Newco route"

Job Done, Paul.....your conscience is clear at least in the eyes of the Rangers fans that can't see through you !

face saving by Paul Murray on Sportsound just now.........

"I didn't want to go down the Newco route"

Job Done, Paul.....your conscience is clear at least in the eyes of the Rangers fans that can't see through you !

Interesting that it is D+P pushing the Newco tho, an invention of theirs and not Millers maybe?

Apt as its run by a not fit + proper person :D

Anybody checked to see if Craigy boy doesn't own D+P btw? Now that would be a very very clever to get the cash out of Rangers, 1/4 million, a month at a time.

we've already established that its a TV Brand that we're supporting.

Paul Murray saying D&P are totally contradicting themselves from what they said to the Blue Knights last week. Well blow me down D&P lying through their teeth!

Also saying that D&P kept changing their minds as to whether Craig Whyte was relevant or not.

Says he would like to know what cash-flow is like for the newco without European football.

Cash flow of a "double-digit million" amount required for next season

Says Miller has to engage with supporters & explain his motives, transparency required within days.

More Alex Thomson gems:

Am told Bill Miller has no passport and has never seen a soccerball game, let alone one played by the Glasgow of Rangers
At least one key player say to me the Miller deal won't happen. It's desperate administrators trying to flush Miller out. That was direct quote from HMRC cleared via their lead officer on Rangers

We don't know most SPL chairman's views, of course - but perhaps the risk of losing central income is the same or worse. Also maybe I'm cynical, but I don't see a meaningful number of non-OF fans starting travelling to Sunderland, Newcastle, Liverpool, Manchester etc. for their football fix.

When it comes to it, how many would give-up how much for how long and for what reasons* is a great unknown.

*Hibs crowds have plummetted - for economic and underperformance reasons

Well HibeeJibee, there is this wonderful invention found in many homes and in widescreens in the best (and not so good) pubs. They have games on them all the time, and often far better than the piss-poor punt and hoof version served up in grounds in Scotland. They also don't cost £20 plus to get in and watch every time, and are found in places that are warm and cosy and don't have alcohol bands and half-cooked pies.

There are also various junior clubs and East of Scotland clubs with more than decent enough grounds (Banks O'Dee, Edinburgh City, Gretna, Irvine Meadow, Linlithgow Rose, Sauchie, Spartans, Whitletts Victoria, etc) to give some people a choice of attending at least home matches in a reasonable enough setting to give them their "being there" fix - for a fraction of the price.

In a time of recession, with many people skint, there's no better incentive for people to start jettisoning life's little luxuries for cheaper alternatives if what they once found enjoyable has instead become a source of anger. Don't kid yourself the vast majority will just "take it" - as Gerard Ratner discovered, you can only take people for fools for so long.

The British High Street stores and the "out of town" retail sites thought "they'll always come, they have no choice" and now have discovered people can and will do without them. Nothing is forever.

This Saturday might be a good time for fans to remind their club's boards without their patronage, they're dead, just as much as the Orcs have been trying to put pressure on the same club's boards. Who are they going to listen to, their own fans or their enemies?

Laughable.... the yank on sport sound just called them 'the rainjurs' laugh.gif I hope he was the son of an expat with a sense of humour,

"if the ask you any questions son, call them the THE rainjurs'...."

Edited by chrismcarab

I'm moving to Edinburgh in the summer. If the SPL is a fair competition, either with the current 1872 version of Rangers or without any Rangers at all, then I'll buy a season ticket and travel through to most, if not all of the games.

If the Newco gets voted in, then there's no chance I'll buy one. It's the perfect opportunity for a clean break. I might go to the odd game when we visit Edinburgh, or if I'm at home for a weekend, but that will be it.

And that's not an idle threat.

My mate lives on rugby crescent and will be going likewise, as will I and the rest of my mates.

Looks like the Cup Final may well be my last game. Ok we all know Scottish fitba is shite, we know this but continue to go because its our game. It's our wee shitey excuse for a league. Should any newco be voted right back in, what's the point? The glitz and glamour of the EPL is just a short train ride away. It's ironic as most people have a English team that they like and keep an eye out for. Come next year it will be the Scottish team you have a wee glance at.

I'm moving to Edinburgh in the summer. If the SPL is a fair competition, either with the current 1872 version of Rangers or without any Rangers at all, then I'll buy a season ticket and travel through to most, if not all of the games.

If the Newco gets voted in, then there's no chance I'll buy one. It's the perfect opportunity for a clean break. I might go to the odd game when we visit Edinburgh, or if I'm at home for a weekend, but that will be it.

And that's not an idle threat.

I'm totally with you there, Craig.

Back in the day, I used to follow Killie home and away, religiously. Whether it was ibrox or Methil, Shawfield or Tynecastle, we went to see Killie, not the opponents. It's what the game should be about. Whether they were pish or relatively successful (and, tbh, they were never really "by far the greatest team":rolleyes:), they were OUR team, and we loved them. I've seen us score eight, I've seen us concede eight, I've seen us beat the OF and lose (repeatedly) to Morton and Partick: but I've never come closer to chucking it than I am now. Smug trogs taunting us over a debt that we're trying to service while they screw the taxpayer then expect "business as usual"? I'd happily continue to point and laugh, but anyone who can bend over for them is bending over.

As I said, it used to be home and away for me when I was younger, but living in Yorkshire, finances, work and family commitments mean I'm lucky to make three or four games a season. If ANYTHING is playing in Scottish football with ANY connection with rangers, I'm done. They tried to kill off competition in the 80's and nearly managed it (by cheating) on their own. Now they're trying again, and the SPL and SFA appear to be loading the bullets. Well, f**k them all.

Killie, I'm sorry, but if you and the other clubs take part in this monumental crime against our national game, then I cannot continue to love you as I have. I will be gone, and will not return. I wish you, and all other clubs (except the other Sisters) well, but our relationship has changed. I, and millions of Scottish football fans, have been faithful through good(ish) times and bad. By condoning this sham and dropping their collective pants for a few quid (if that), our clubs are letting us, the game and the country down. For many years I have defended what my English friends call "a Mickey Mouse league". I can no longer do so.

So, correct me if i'm wrong.

Everyone is shafted by newco. (You, me , the taxman, the public, football ,itegrity, honesty, fair play etc)

UNLESS oldco can't force a CVA, in which case, WHAT HAPPENS?

The SFA have consistently told us how it would be a disaster for Scottish football if a few Under-23 players are allowed to play in the Olympics, and that they will not be dictated to by FIFA on the matter, yet it appears they will happily be dictated to by a guy who has never shown any interest in football, just because he wants to buy Rangers.

Well done SFA.