What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

The Meyerowitz Stories (New and Selected) - 7/10 (Netflix)

Surprisingly watchable Netflix film starring Ben Stiller, Adam Sandler and Dustin Hoffman. When Sandler isn’t phoning in horrendous idiot comedies, he’s a half decent actor.

I think it's Punch Drunk Love that sees Sandler put in an incredible performance aswell. It's such a waste that he spends his time taking the easy route of shite comedies.

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

IM2 was awful. IM3 was below average.

I stand by the first GOTG and CA:TWS still being the best 2.  So far anyway.

I actually quite liked IM3, but I agree Winter Soldier and GOTG are the best MCU films. Spiderman 2(Toby Maguire) is also up there as one of the best

14 hours ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

I actually quite liked IM3, but I agree Winter Soldier and GOTG are the best MCU films. Spiderman 2(Toby Maguire) is also up there as one of the best

Spider-Man 2 is indeed brilliant.

Edited by Gaz

(187-189)

The Party 1/10

Total and utter shit. Embarrassing! (cinema)

Beyond the Black Rainbow 4/10

Visually stunning with an incredible soundtrack but ultimately pointless. Basically a really long music video. I wouldn't be surprised if the makers of Stranger Things had seen it but fair play to them they came up with a storyline. It's not really a film according to the missus. (DVD)

Vertigo Sea 9/10

Gorgeous tri-screen art/avant/documentary film with oblique ruminations on migration and slavery using the sea as a focus point. Director had permission to use anything from the BBC Natural History archive so some of the shots are just like WOAH and the stuff he set up himself is not shoddy. Save the TV licence! (Talbot Rice Gallery)

Edited by Christophe

Found Footage

Did not see this one coming at all. The premise is simple. Guy wants to make the first found footage 3D movie. What he doesn't mention initially is that they're filming at an actual haunted cabin. Goes from there. Most of the characters have their own charm. I'd say there's only one punchable one. The timing of the early shocks is really good, as is the escalation. When that final 20 minutes kicks off with an absolute screamer of a jolt, it descends into quite brilliant chaos with loads of great moments. Not without some fairly infuriating scenes, but this is definitely a good addition to the found footage movie list.

7/10

Asgardians of the Galaxy Thor: Ragnarok - 9/10

Really, really enjoyed this. I found the mashup of the Planet Hulk stuff with the Grandmaster actually worked really well, Jeff Goldblum is an absolute delight in this. Found the humour to be spot on in most parts, which is no surprise given the director.

Up there with the best that Marvel have produced so far.

Asgardians of the Galaxy Thor: Ragnarok - 9/10
Really, really enjoyed this. I found the mashup of the Planet Hulk stuff with the Grandmaster actually worked really well, Jeff Goldblum is an absolute delight in this. Found the humour to be spot on in most parts, which is no surprise given the director.
Up there with the best that Marvel have produced so far.

Jeff Goldblum is the absolute daddy. Think I might have some man love for the guy!

Suicide Squad. 3/10.

First time I've seen it since I saw it at the cinema. Even worse than I remember. Just utter shit and absolutely how not to do a 'comic book' movie. Jared Leto's Joker was fucking terrible. To use a classic P&Bism, he was absolutely trying too hard.