Walking Down The Halbeath Road

18 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Chances of the home top being revealed today? Or will they actually wait until next week's game for the reveal?

I’d have thought they might want to sell it ahead of next week’s game, so today would make sense. Players are in for their pre-season testing today, so they won’t be short of models (and a couple of new faces). Although, they might have already filmed the launch video for the home kit.

Still got a third kit to launch as well, which will probably be closer to the start of the season/just before we’re due to wear it.

54 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Chances of the home top being revealed today? Or will they actually wait until next week's game for the reveal?

Heard its being unveiled through a TIFO in the North West next Friday.

19 hours ago, El Chapo said:

Lang as a back up/squad player sure, definitely not Spencer, he will suit McGlynn's sideways and back passing style.

No danger would I have wanted Lang back here. Never managed a game the first time. He has played just over 60 games in his career and he is 26. Nearly half of those games were played last year coming back from doing his ACL and Raith were still happy to get rid. I wouldn't wish an injury on any professional footballer but his record is poor. The boy is made of chocolate and I mean Cadburys flake.

Keith Watson has been freed from Ross County, I would take him as an experienced player who can slot in at CB and RB. That said his wages will have been very decent in Dingwall 

2 hours ago, CallumPar said:

I’d have thought they might want to sell it ahead of next week’s game, so today would make sense. Players are in for their pre-season testing today, so they won’t be short of models (and a couple of new faces). Although, they might have already filmed the launch video for the home kit.

Still got a third kit to launch as well, which will probably be closer to the start of the season/just before we’re due to wear it.

That would make sense.

2 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

Heard its being unveiled through a TIFO in the North West next Friday.

Hmmm, an odd way to launch a new strip but different and could be pretty cool if done well.

Tell me Otoo, Otoo, Otoo 

When can we share our love devine

Please don't make me wait again

When will you say yes to me

Oh tell me Otoo, Otoo, Otoo 

You mean happiness to me

Oh my love please tell me when

:wub:

1 hour ago, Benny74 said:

No danger would I have wanted Lang back here. Never managed a game the first time. He has played just over 60 games in his career and he is 26. Nearly half of those games were played last year coming back from doing his ACL and Raith were still happy to get rid. I wouldn't wish an injury on any professional footballer but his record is poor. The boy is made of chocolate and I mean Cadburys flake.

aye thats a fair point didn't take into account his injuries.

1 minute ago, third lanark said:

I see McDonald was released.  Was he the captain? Was he a player quite highly rated at Airdrie?

Benedictus is captain, I don't know if he was highly rated at Airdrie but i always thought he was steady here, I assume he was let go as we knew we were signing KRH and also have Comrie who can play RWB.

4 minutes ago, third lanark said:

I see McDonald was released.  Was he the captain? Was he a player quite highly rated at Airdrie?

Not the captain, I thought he was a good option though, we played him at Rwb/RM, Airdrie seemed to play him as a Rb/Lb. 

7 minutes ago, 101 said:

Would be a great experienced option for every team at this level.

I wouldn't be that fussed, his legs seem to have completely gone. 

2 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Presumably MacDonald, no wasn't a captain of the first team was captain of the reserves in the odd game.

He was reasonable for us, but isn't going to be a promotion winning RWB at this level. His delivery can be a bit of a mixed bag and his physicality is probably is best attribute.

16 minutes ago, third lanark said:

MacDonald wasn’t captain and never really got a decent run in the team in his 2 and a half years. Was loaned out towards the end of the 2021/22 season as well.

Good player, who can put a very good cross into the box. He came up with some crucial assists last season. Also works very hard for the team. He’ll be a very good option for a league 1 team and could probably do a job in the championship, if he’s at the right team.

MacDonald could do a job in the Championship I reckon. But he isn’t top 4 quality, and that’s what we are looking at getting. We have plenty of cover in that position now anyway after signing KRH. 

59 minutes ago, Heaton said:

MacDonald could put in a decent cross but his next one would be shockingly bad. Like never kicked a ball in his life bad. Just not good or consistent enough for the step up imo

A bit extreme I think. Thought he was a decent player and think he'll do ok in the Championship.

McPake used him pretty sparingly in League 1. He's a better judge of what's needed in the championship than any of us absolute bell-ends. I liked him but you have to say he was very inconsistent. We definitely need an upgrade