Depression

5 minutes ago, Venti said:

Think FB was just new when I signed up. Added everyone who sent an invite.

School mates, college folk, co workers & even people I'd met on the Glasgow clubbing scene.

Just ended up realising most of them were fucking fannies.

Yeah, I think people can reveal a bit more than they intend from behind a keyboard, almost always in a disappointing way. 

I have a Facebook account, but no friends or connections, just a couple of clubs the kids attend, but even then when I open it up, it's trying to feed me stuff which is clearly harvested from my phone. I totally get how addictive this shit can be. Even as a "non user" I can feel the drag. Hardly.surprising, given the money that gets invested in making sure people come back for more. Its the worst of humanity dressed up as the best. 

Cynical, devious manipulation for profit dressed up as some sort of community. 

10 minutes ago, Venti said:

Think FB was just new when I signed up. Added everyone who sent an invite.

School mates, college folk, co workers & even people I'd met on the Glasgow clubbing scene.

Just ended up realising most of them were fucking fannies.

I've had very few invites! :lol: Whenever I set mine up - 3/4 years ago?? - a cousin gave me some advice about how to keep it "private" but I can't remember what it was now.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, i'm Phil

my family call me Phil, My friends call my Governor, people who know/dont' know me but usually say 'awe f**k he's here'

i'm a a hard c**t, i could knock out you out, and all your family. (seriously class A wrong one) 

i'm also piss w**k on the  mentally, (I'm road rage with tears)

My mental health for 9 months as been up and down, on the go as they say...

at this same time, i've asking my new employers  to get my visa fixed, 5th Feb, no visa I'm on the run

January came, I'm asking, are we ready? They say what for? May visa

We finally, go back and forth 4 times and all is good.  immigration says your paperwork is all good, only need your work ro get their paperwork done.

i walk into the office on 31st Jan, to ask 'is the paper work ok'. Response 'what paperwork?

Why do you want a visa? I'm like what the f**k is going on here? 9month ffs

turn out the girl (sister) of the owner is/has been on the shite/not got a clue in work, not just me but everything

Response, boss going crazy....4 days before my visa finishes (leave Thailand).

i had to be register at Singburi employment department and have criminal check, this takes 21 days.

Walk into Singburi Government, siigned that

Walk in to police HQ, Hi Phil, all good, pick up romorrow, we need bKk signature.

monday 5th, the day of asking, 2 hours sitting in immigration trying to make no eye contact.

then, they call you 'Phil, i'll give you 1 year stamp, but if I could I'll give stamp to stay period'

I turned and hugged me son.  11 years he goes through this shit

I now resign from p&b quiz,

my family always need me.

be good, stay strong

my heart is big, but not for everyone 

4 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

Hi, i'm Phil

my family call me Phil, My friends call my Governor, people who know/dont' know me but usually say 'awe f**k he's here'

i'm a a hard c**t, i could knock out you out, and all your family. (seriously class A wrong one) 

at this same time, i've asking my new employers  to get my visa fixed, 5th Feb, no visa I'm on the run

We finally, go back and forth 4 times and all is good.  immigration says your paperwork is all good, only need your work ro get their paperwork done.

i walk into the office on 31st Jan, to ask 'is the paper work ok'. Response 'what paperwork?

turn out the girl (sister) of the owner is/has been on the shite/not got a clue in work, not just me but everything

i had to be register at Singburi employment department and have criminal check, this takes 21 days.

Walk in to police HQ, Hi Phil, all good, pick up romorrow, we need bKk signature.

monday 5th, the day of asking, 2 hours sitting in immigration trying to make no eye contact.

then, they call you 'Phil, i'll give you 1 year stamp, but if I could I'll give stamp to stay period'

be good, stay strong

Glad to hear you managed to wear the b*****ds down with sheer persistence.

Thanks for all the quiz work.

You’re right to have the family first!

Cheers, Slips

14 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

Hi, i'm Phil

be good, stay strong

Gutting to hear that Philip.

Try & stay strong.. Wish I had all the answers, but just know we're here if you need us.

14 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

Hi, i'm Phil

be good, stay strong

Don't be a stranger Slips.

Take it easy bud.

On 10/02/2024 at 14:18, SlipperyP said:

Hi, i'm Phil

be good, stay strong

Sounds s***e but at least you got Visa thing sorted for the next year.  

Take it easy bud. 

Bit of safe place venting for me..... 

Amongst the various solicitors needed for my circumstances, I have left them in no doubt that my priority us speed. In fact, one was appointed despite expensive quotes on that basis. Today iv found out that between the two firms doing work for me, they have spent a week doing f**k all cos one needs an email from the other. Evidently, they neglected to either chase eachother or inform me. Honestly absolutely fucking livid with the bone idle b*****ds. 

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Bit of safe place venting for me..... 

Amongst the various solicitors needed for my circumstances, I have left them in no doubt that my priority us speed. In fact, one was appointed despite expensive quotes on that basis. Today iv found out that between the two firms doing work for me, they have spent a week doing f**k all cos one needs an email from the other. Evidently, they neglected to either chase eachother or inform me. Honestly absolutely fucking livid with the bone idle b*****ds. 

Somewhat typical, as legal firms seem to always have one or the other on a different pace. I wish it was possible to bill the f**kers the same way they bill us for wasted time and delays. I hate to have to suggest this, but if you want it done, you’ve just got to literally stand over them. It’s abysmal that they perform so poorly given the compensation our system compels us to afford them, but that is what it is. I did find that if you were on top of your firm’s work, they tended to prod the opposing firm reasonably well, once they understood you weren’t going to tolerate slackness.

Sorry to hear this matter is dragging, it will get better.

4 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Somewhat typical, as legal firms seem to always have one or the other on a different pace. I wish it was possible to bill the f**kers the same way they bill us for wasted time and delays. I hate to have to suggest this, but if you want it done, you’ve just got to literally stand over them. It’s abysmal that they perform so poorly given the compensation our system compels us to afford them, but that is what it is. I did find that if you were on top of your firm’s work, they tended to prod the opposing firm reasonably well, once they understood you weren’t going to tolerate slackness.

Sorry to hear this matter is dragging, it will get better.

Tbf, everything has moved along at about the correct pace until this. It'd the fact that they have say and done absolute jack shit about it that bothers me. Iv said to them repeatedly, anything I can do to help things along, please tell me. It turns out, there was something I could do, and having been told about it, had done about 1.5 minutes later. 

The obvious looming possibility here is that this final part drags on too long, meaning I can't secure the funds needed to buy her out in time for her to fulfill the (ill advised) bid she has in for a house, and her purchase will then fall through. It's an utter fucking shambles, and not of my making either, but I'm the one wearing all the fucking pressure over it. 

Bit ranty tbf, but helpful all the same. Venting it here prevents me from the no doubt less than constructive act of giving my solicitor both barrels....

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Tbf, everything has moved along at about the correct pace until this. It'd the fact that they have say and done absolute jack shit about it that bothers me. Iv said to them repeatedly, anything I can do to help things along, please tell me. It turns out, there was something I could do, and having been told about it, had done about 1.5 minutes later. 

The obvious looming possibility here is that this final part drags on too long, meaning I can't secure the funds needed to buy her out in time for her to fulfill the (ill advised) bid she has in for a house, and her purchase will then fall through. It's an utter fucking shambles, and not of my making either, but I'm the one wearing all the fucking pressure over it. 

Bit ranty tbf, but helpful all the same. Venting it here prevents me from the no doubt less than constructive act of giving my solicitor both barrels....

TBF, giving it to the solicitor with both barrels sounds entirely justified here, and he/she should accept it and apologise if you’ve been that clear all along. It’s a depressingly common story, as I’m about to reach a similar denouement, fueled as it is by reckless optimism and a complete unwillingness to deal in reality.

If that sounds like what you’re facing, I suggest a couple of things; find a good counselor now (you’ll need one to prevent you yourself from messing with your own head), hold the line firmly and fairly (attempts will be made and temptations will occur) rather than giving in (that ends badly). I’m just clearing a series of truly bizarre dreams involving she who shall not be named (I know yours is more amiable) due to deadlines approaching, so I’d advise you not to be surprised if similar occurs.

Not any experience with this kind of scenario Bairn.

Vent away though. Fucking shite that you have all this hassle with everything that's going on.

Last thing you need. Really hope everything gets sorted for you eventually & the stress is in the past.

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

TBF, giving it to the solicitor with both barrels sounds entirely justified here, and he/she should accept it and apologise if you’ve been that clear all along. It’s a depressingly common story, as I’m about to reach a similar denouement, fueled as it is by reckless optimism and a complete unwillingness to deal in reality.

If that sounds like what you’re facing, I suggest a couple of things; find a good counselor now (you’ll need one to prevent you yourself from messing with your own head), hold the line firmly and fairly (attempts will be made and temptations will occur) rather than giving in (that ends badly). I’m just clearing a series of truly bizarre dreams involving she who shall not be named (I know yours is more amiable) due to deadlines approaching, so I’d advise you not to be surprised if similar occurs.

I sent a snotogram to the other lawyers, slating the first ones. The lawyers I sent it to replied to it, copying in the first ones, and asking for a response. 🤣

Tbf, it wasn't abusive my original email, but it was an expression of annoyance. Quite cathartic in all. 

c***s better handle their shit now though. Enough games! 

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

If she has bought a house before you've had time to release the funds then hell mend her. I know that doesn't help you but she needs shoulder some blame here. You'll end up with the kick back as all that's wrong if it falls through. 

16 minutes ago, RH33 said:

If she has bought a house before you've had time to release the funds then hell mend her. I know that doesn't help you but she needs shoulder some blame here. You'll end up with the kick back as all that's wrong if it falls through. 

Bingo. Tbf, i'm still hopeful it will all work out but theres not days to be wasted with no c**t doing anything. It was all done against my advice though and I made it clear that it was a gamble, and not my gamble either. 

On 13/02/2024 at 16:51, velo army said:

I could fucking batter you though. Nae danger.

Easy champ!

Game of pool at your local next time I'm back for sure. bring the ringers!

Then oot the back for a square go, bring your SAS black belt pal, even things up.

Nobody hits a banana tree like me (words from a Mauy Thai coach).

His actual word were 'on you go hit it as hard as you can'. BANG ' aw f**k, we'll need a bigger plantation'

'Get in the ring Phil, you can hit but can YOU be hit'

'f**k sake you've got a jaw like a hippo' 'why could you not be 30 younger?'

Edited by SlipperyP

Sorry, I'm have a worlly. need to said.

I once got battered to pulp, stab wounds the lot, back in the day at a 24hr garage.

The 2 boys that did it. Sorry to their mother and father.

These boys have nightmares.