NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:

There will be a few happy Raiders fans on hear this morning 

Happy is an understatement.

A stupid, terrible, costly hire by Mark Davis against all the evidence 16 months ago.

Still don’t have complete faith in him to get it right this time either, but at least we’ve reached the end of this utter disaster.

1 hour ago, Boo Khaki said:

One of the most idiotic coaching hires I can recall comes to its predictable conclusion. 

What are the going to do for an encore? Hire Urban Meyer?

Antonio Pierce in interim charge. A player who won a ring with the Giants but who I thought was a liability. I’m pretty sure we play the Raiders soon.

My first ever Wembley game was in 2010 when McDaniels was Denver HC. Seeing him on the Patriots sideline for so long, leaving them for thirty minutes, and coming back… I was convinced Kraft had had a word in his ear to say ‘stay here, Bill is chucking it in two or three years, the gig’s yours’. Clearly Kraft didn’t say that. Maybe Kraft knew he was never getting the Patriots gig, because he’s shite.

7 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Wonder what happens now with Kyler Murray. Lot of talk that the Cardinals were happy to let him sit the whole season as they could be hit with having to cough up his entire contract should he get injured again. He's still listed as doubtful for the weekend despite supposedly being fully fit.

Gannon said at the start of the week that Kyler will play if he’s fit to, otherwise it’s Clayton Tune. I’d expect Kyler to be starting next week if he doesn’t quite make this week. 

Lions have traded for Browns WR Donovan Peoples-Jones in exchange for a 2025 6th round pick.

Lions LS Scott Daly managed to do his knee late in the game against the Raiders & requires surgery so will be in the market for another LS. The Muhl is still at the Lions in a front office role....

47 minutes ago, RiG said:

Jimmy G will be benched for the next Raiders game for Aidan O'Connell who, according to Rapoport via a Raiders source, is their best QB! 

I think he's benched permanently now. Garoppolo has a similar clause in his contract that Derek Carr did, where if he doesn't get hurt they will save $11.25m in dead cap if they want to move on from him.

If you're not playing you can't get injured, right? Normally that would make sense, but Jimmy is the kind of guy who seems to be able to get injured tying his shoes, so we'll see...

But this all points to moving on from Garoppolo after only 1 year and 6 starts. Which I'm fine with, as he looks finished.

Jimmy G benefitted hugely from the exact same thing that has made Purdy look like a star, i.e., Shanahan's offense is basically a YAC scheme. QB just has to get it 5-10 yards quickly and the receiver and blockers do the rest. Raiders O is a bit more down-field, and he's been exposed.

I first felt my spidey senses going about Caleb Williams a couple of months ago due to some of the stories about him in the media, and I'm now at the point where if I'm an NFL GM I'm tempted to take him off my draft board entirely. There's no doubting his talent, but QB's with even a hint of egomania and/or emotional immaturity bust more or less 100% of the time, and it's usually entirely foreseeable. A lot can change over the next few months, but right now I wouldn't touch him with a bargepole. I say "bust", but in reality I don't doubt his ability to play QB in the NFL. My concerns are that he'd be a ballache to manage, a distraction, and ultimately a cancerous presence in the Franchise. No thank you.

Edited by Boo Khaki

6 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

I first felt my spidey senses going about Caleb Williams a couple of months ago due to some of the stories about him in the media, and I'm now at the point where if I'm an NFL GM I'm tempted to take him off my draft board entirely. There's no doubting his talent, but QB's with even a hint of egomania and/or emotional immaturity bust more or less 100% of the time, and it's usually entirely foreseeable. A lot can change over the next few months, but right now I wouldn't touch him with a bargepole. I say "bust", but in reality I don't doubt his ability to play QB in the NFL. My concerns are that he'd be a ballache to manage, a distraction, and ultimately a cancerous presence in the Franchise. No thank you.

The fact there are even rumours about him wanting part ownership of whatever team drafts him will have plenty of ownership telling their GMs to forget him.

Anyone going to Frankfurt next weekend and, more importantly, know what the German washing up liquid is called? To not cause chaos at the fountain of *fairy* tales would be a massive missed opportunity imo

In all seriousness I’m really looking forward to it, even if I’m sure we’re going to get scudded