Scottish Independence

xbl

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone remember a few months back when the media assured us that Cameron et al were wisely keeping out of the debate to ensure BitterTogether didn't get tarred with the Westminster Government? How's that working out right now, and why have the tactics been hastily reversed since the turn of the year?

It's a toughie.

Anyone remember a few months back when the media assured us that Cameron et al were wisely keeping out of the debate to ensure BitterTogether didn't get tarred with the Westminster Government? How's that working out right now, and why have the tactics been hastily reversed since the turn of the year?

It's a toughie.

"A matter for the Scottish people" wasn't it?

I take it he'll be coming up for that debate with Salmond now... :lol:

It's a toughie.

I think the SNP telling the people of the UK what was good for them and telling them we better get our way or we will be taking no debt kind of makes it a matter for all the country.

I think the SNP telling the people of the UK what was good for them and telling them we better get our way or we will be taking no debt kind of makes it a matter for all the country.

So dave to come north for a little debate then?

It's pensions day! & the man that ruined many a pension comes away with an absolute cracker.

Gordon Brown promises to stop people dying!

Apparently "Scotland has 920,000 pensioners, ALL of whom will be voting in the referendum"!

I kid you not, straight up, on State Tv.

Now there's a promise to hold the Unionists of Better Together to.

So a SNP policy position set out in the White Paper months ago proved enough to completely dismantle BitterTogether's hands-off strategy? Sounds like an excellent way to conduct a campaign, who knows what the reaction will be when they get round to reading the rest of the document.

Between the increasingly shrill week of fears and smears and the so-called 'lovebombing' exercise, I don't think I've seen a more mutually contradicting and incoherent campaign.

It's pensions day! & the man that ruined many a pension comes away with an absolute cracker.
Gordon Brown promises to stop people dying!
Apparently "Scotland has 920,000 pensioners, ALL of whom will be voting in the referendum"!
I kid you not, straight up, on State Tv.
Now there's a promise to hold the Unionists of Better Together to.

Aye good old Gordon. The man that raided the pension funds and gave my parent 75P Rise while he and his fellow MP,s raked it in. I understand he also had a pop over the oil price. What a man.

Have to say the "Yes" campaign have looked a little "ragged" over the past week, not so "polished", Salmond has not been able to bluster his way out of trouble, also the SNP do look a little light when it is not Salmond, Sturgeon or Swinney taking centre stage, heard Stewart Hosie on the radio last week, poor performer, this could become an issue in the coming months, the nightmare for the SNP is the possibility that they have peaked already

Archived