Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

Dragons’ Den needs put out of its misery.  
Enjoying Godzilla and chums or whatever it’s actually called on Apple. 
Verge of binning Netflix for having zero  that I actually want to see. Only kept it for the kids about six months ago and they only watch tik tok and you tube.

19 hours ago, Groundhopping Adventures said:

Posted a while ago about House of Games. The most recent series was fine, quite enjoyed it. Repeating the 2022 series and remembering why I fell out with it. Richard is a patronising arsehole and the rounds are shite. It's either much better edited or he's been told to reign it in a bit

he definitely does less of the "Oh, I know, I know" stuff. In all honesty, it's hard to argue with the format other than the same celebs are on all week. It can either work in your favour (e.g. Amanda Lamb) or can mean it doesn't get past Monday (e.g. Rosie Jones or Kemah Bob).

19 hours ago, Groundhopping Adventures said:

Posted a while ago about House of Games. The most recent series was fine, quite enjoyed it. Repeating the 2022 series and remembering why I fell out with it. Richard is a patronising arsehole and the rounds are shite. It's either much better edited or he's been told to reign it in a bit

@Melanius Mullarkey

37 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

he definitely does less of the "Oh, I know, I know" stuff. In all honesty, it's hard to argue with the format other than the same celebs are on all week. It can either work in your favour (e.g. Amanda Lamb) or can mean it doesn't get past Monday (e.g. Rosie Jones or Kemah Bob).

On the The Rest is Entertainment podcast he does with Marina Hyde (which is actually really good), he was saying that he wanted to do a show where you had the same people for a week so there would be more of a narrative to it but nobody thought it would be a good idea. Until Taskmaster. Then suddenly it was a great idea and so got commissioned. 

16 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Big Brother with a very loose interpretation of what a celebrity is.

Sharon Osbourne looking like Skeletor in a wig.

Tbf, "celebrities" are "celebrities" because they appear in almost every "celebrity" version of tv shows. Joe Swash probably the worst one of the lot. A talentless unfunny w****r but will be minted on the back of appearing in these things. 

20 hours ago, Groundhopping Adventures said:

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

56 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I See You Smh GIF by Miami HEAT

On 05/03/2024 at 20:35, scottsdad said:

Some are worth it. The world at war was 26 episodes.

Twentysix hour long episodes.nowadays,in the age that editing forgot,it'd last longer than the war itself

46 minutes ago, highlandmac said:

Twentysix hour long episodes.nowadays,in the age that editing forgot,it'd last longer than the war itself

The World at War could have 36 episodes long and it still wouldn't have been bettered.

A masterpiece which will never be surpassed. 

3 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

The World at War could have 36 episodes long and it still wouldn't have been bettered.

Best documentary of all time, IMO.

12 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

'The Great War' is just as good, a similar treatment of the First World War. Made in the 1960s when a lot of the participants were still alive and healthy.

You could probably make a 50 part documentary on the Second World War and have material left over. 

Late to the party but really enjoyed Gladiators reboot, watch it every week with my six year old, properly good family show. Only downside is the presenters, should have had someone who was an athlete doing it.

1 hour ago, Hard Graft said:

Helen Flannigan on Celeb Weakest Link. Are the White Cliffs of Dover made out of Chalk or Cheese.

Her answer "Cheese"

and this is for charity FFS.

Still watched "celeb" jungle when she was on it. She is indeed thick as pig shit as well as extremely irritating. Still wid of course. 

The questions on that Weakest Link version are ridiculously easy anytime I've watched it. 

Used to love Big Brother when it first came into existence but quickly tired of the later series and certainly never went near it when it was on C5. My daughter said that the last series on ITV was better and back to being like it used to be at the outset, so I thought I'd give the Celebrity Big brother a try this time around. 

Watched the launch show last night and honestly sat there slowly shaking my head for the entire time. AJ spray-on-outfit Odudu is as thick as they come, barely being able to read an auto cue and her idiot sidekick spent the whole time laughing in each housemates face before they went in.

The whole experience made me hate the world just a little more.

On 09/03/2024 at 10:14, GordonD said:

'The Great War' is just as good, a similar treatment of the First World War. Made in the 1960s when a lot of the participants were still alive and healthy.

Nah, WW2 is definitely my favourite. Some of it was in colour.

Just finished the Zen Diaries Of Garry Shandling, a 2-part documentary spread over 4+ hours. 

Not without demons and the odd temper tantrum, but the warmth that pretty much everyone had for the guy was palpable. So funny and innovative, too.

I'm off to watch The Garry Shandling Show and The Larry Sanders Show for the next few weeks...