Any lunatics still thinking Messi is the best?

Mr Romanov

4 hours ago, staggy1929 said:

The big debate around Messi's career will be whether he would've scored the same amount of goals in another league as he has 'played it safe' staying with Barca.

I like Ronaldo's ambition to try and be the best everywhere he goes but for me Messi edges it just. Ask me again in 2 months and I'll have probably changed my mind tbh.

The two greatest footballers of all time 100% though.

I'd say less "playing it safe" and more loyalty to the team that gave him every chance to have a career. I'm sure you know the story of his growth defect etc

33 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

I'd say less "playing it safe" and more loyalty to the team that gave him every chance to have a career. I'm sure you know the story of his growth defect etc

FYI I didn't mean that I agree that he's played it safe, I was just saying that's one of the big debates around it.

Barca stuck by him when many teams (all Scottish teams lets be honest) would've chucked him for being too small.

It's a bit of a fairytale story and you're right he has no reason to leave them at all.

• 1 month later...

Deserved. His goal against Atletico summed him up.

Scores from 25 yards against the best keeper on the planet, after breaching the best defensive side in Europe, and nobody at all acts like its anything special.

• 3 weeks later...

Messi scored his 50th goal of 2019 today, that’s the 9th year out of 10 that he’s scored at least that many in a calendar year. That’s just absolutely fucking ludicrous.

They showed a graphic after Jamie Vardy scored during the Man City Leicester game showing that since Guardiola joined, Vardy has scored most against them with 6. Messi is second with 4. Again, just absolutely fucking ludicrous.

Completely and utterly peerless.

18 hours ago, J_Stewart said:

Messi scored his 50th goal of 2019 today, that’s the 9th year out of 10 that he’s scored at least that many in a calendar year. That’s just absolutely fucking ludicrous.

They showed a graphic after Jamie Vardy scored during the Man City Leicester game showing that since Guardiola joined, Vardy has scored most against them with 6. Messi is second with 4. Again, just absolutely fucking ludicrous.

Completely and utterly peerless.

Still not as good as Shankland though.

• 3 weeks later...