The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

9 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

To show the fine margins tonight's incredible Championship drama ultimately produced BBC Scotland's coverage on TV gave the closing table...

image.thumb.png.81618253aec4746b124ed5ac5cfae715.png

... without any promotion/relegation/playoff lines, or Goal Difference.

Aye I made a similar comment on the match thread.

There's four places there decided by goal difference and they couldn't be arsed to show it. 

10 hours ago, gannonball said:

They didn't bother their arse with an 'as it stands'  during the game either  iirc

Far be it for me to defend the BBC but I was keeping an eye on the games and they did have an 'as it stands'

7 minutes ago, bennett said:

Far be it for me to defend the BBC but I was keeping an eye on the games and they did have an 'as it stands'

I don't recall them during the game which is what I was alluding to it was just at half time. They have obviously had it on the website but given 9 of the 10 teams playing that night could change position all they gave you was score updates in the corner rather than the table iirc.

7 hours ago, bennett said:

Not on the TV broadcast. Al Lamont on commentary was having to basically read out the table every time a goal went in across the grounds.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65537328

image.png.9dcfbd74d2680c6bd7da12f10a07bce7.png

Now admittedly, like Michael Stewart, I've not seen too much of Nicolas Raskin but surely there has to be another young 'one for the future' player that should have been picked in front of him given that he only arrived in the league in January and, from what I've seen, hasn't exactly stood out.

Or is this a matter of not being able to have one of these player of the season articles, with 3 Celtic players selected, without mentioning a Rangers player?

The opening paragraph reads as though someone has asked him to find something positive to say about Rangers rather than actually suggest a 'one for the future'.

27 minutes ago, The Nature Boy said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65537328

image.png.9dcfbd74d2680c6bd7da12f10a07bce7.png

Now admittedly, like Michael Stewart, I've not seen too much of Nicolas Raskin but surely there has to be another young 'one for the future' player that should have been picked in front of him given that he only arrived in the league in January and, from what I've seen, hasn't exactly stood out.

Or is this a matter of not being able to have one of these player of the season articles, with 3 Celtic players selected, without mentioning a Rangers player?

The opening paragraph reads as though someone has asked him to find something positive to say about Rangers rather than actually suggest a 'one for the future'.

I’d bet that the only reason they included a “one for the future” section that looks very out of place in a player of the season discussion was so they could shoe-horn a Rangers player into the discussion.

He also has nearly 100 top flight appearances across Belgian and Scottish football. Hardly some unheard of talent about to make a breakthrough.

23 minutes ago, KirkieRR said:

And a plug for the B Teams Conference League from The Herald's Rangers hack, Chris 'Press Release Redrafter' Jack.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/23510215.rangers-b-boss-david-mccallum-outlines-conference-league-plan-benefits/?ref=twtrec

I read that: same old unproven drivel, no argument, debate or evidence. 

2 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

I read that: same old unproven drivel, no argument, debate or evidence. 

I don't even understand how it makes sense from their point of view - ah yes, let's create a league for our B teams that's exactly the same as the one they are already in, at the same level, with the addition of Aberdeen B and a couple of random longer away days, meaning we will spend near enough half the season playing other B teams.  Yep, that's definitely the key to more World Cups.

Edited by stu2910

2 hours ago, The Nature Boy said:

On this occasion I think it's fair enough, it does look a bit odd to not mention any players from the team that's better than all the restTM bar one.