The Partick Thistle thread

Bench mark of expectation of the behaviour of a Firhill Board.

The last time they sacked a manager it was in March after a run of 5 defeats in 6 which left the club in 6th place.

The last time a manager left to unemployment (admittedly for partly non footballing reasons) the team were also in 6th and it was April.

Anyone hoping for a decisive sacking before Christmas for mediocrity, the changes since to the board notwithstanding, is engaging in wishful thinking.

6 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

Bench mark of expectation of the behaviour of a Firhill Board.

The last time they sacked a manager it was in March after a run of 5 defeats in 6 which left the club in 6th place.

The last time a manager left to unemployment (admittedly for partly non footballing reasons) the team were also in 6th and it was April.

Anyone hoping for a decisive sacking before Christmas for mediocrity, the changes since to the board notwithstanding, is engaging in wishful thinking.

If we get beat on Saturday,  3 league defeats from 4 might tip the balance towards a mutually agreed decision. There can be no complaints as the board have shown more faith in the manager than any other club in the country would have.  I really think Saturday is vital for the management team!

10 minutes ago, forameus said:

Say what you like about our medical/coaching/management/ team and boardroom, but our Haitian Witch Doctor team is doing a grand job.  Must be a new record getting O'Ware crocked within a few games.

The last year and a bit has felt like Thistle are playing a game of FM, but it's when you take over your rivals and deliberately run them into the ground as much as you can. 

1 minute ago, Fuctifano said:

The last year and a bit has felt like Thistle are playing a game of FM, but it's when you take over your rivals and deliberately run them into the ground as much as you can. 

Or wee Patches O'Hoolihan got involved.   Tam didn't dodge, duck, dip, dive or dodge unfortunately.

Image result for you can dodge traffic gif

The  situation with Tam highlights that the Board will have to act quickly if we are to salvage anything from this season.  We cannot expect to achieve a play off place with the strength of the current squad. Time is extremely  limited until the transfer window closes. The Club must act decisively before the first of September.

Of the 11* players we've signed only the 2 loan players (Gordon and Melbourne) couldn't have been signed if it was after transfer deadline day. I think anyone expecting us to have all our business done by tomorrow will be disappointed. 

*including Coulibaly in this because I'm kidding myself on. 

2 hours ago, Big Dan said:

The  situation with Tam highlights that the Board will have to act quickly if we are to salvage anything from this season.  We cannot expect to achieve a play off place with the strength of the current squad. 

Falkirk are absolutely stinking so I reckon you'll just about slither to 9th tbh.