The Partick Thistle thread

had a wee look at the OS to kill time and try to guess at who might still be here for a bit longer when the dust settles.

- one of archibald or scally will be gone

-All the loanees are already away (cole, o'connor, mayo and barjonas). Cant see any of them coming back, bar maybe Mayo on another loan at a push if mccall can swing it.

- i think penrice, jones, cardle, mackinnon and mansell will go. Fox and bannigan i rate at 50/50, depends more on whether anyone in the 2nd tier wants to sign them

- i think the rest are more likely to stay than not for one reason or another (joined in january/found their level) but all depends on how swingeing the cuts are going to need to be and who is on bigger contracts/maybe dont have any kind of relegation clauses to activate

😐

Depending on this vote today if a number of clubs outwith the usual suspects vote for an independent inquiry this will certainly prove there was an element of bullying and therefore wrongdoing at the time and show up Doncaster ect for being the joke outfit which they are.

Presumably, using your own logic, since a large majority voted against an independent inquiry, that 'proves' there was no bullying or wrondoing and Doncaster et al are not a joke outfit?

1 hour ago, colliedug said:

What it does say is a third of Scottish professional football teams have lost faith with the current set up?

How many of that third had their noses out of joint because i) they're getting relegated ii) they're not getting promoted or iii) they're not able to stop their rivals from winning the league?

Once you strip out the ragtag of sore losers above then it's clear this has been a crushing victory for the SPFL executives. 

To put the record straight I accept we were the worst team in the league (by a distance) and deserve to be relegated because of that but as I said previously there is a lot of shit at the helm and probably needs looked at.
I hope the banter is as good in the first division thread, I'll miss this apart from a cpl of morons, enjoy next season guys [emoji106][emoji106]

To put the record straight I accept we were the worst team in the league (by a distance) and deserve to be relegated because of that ][emoji106]

I don't accept any of that. We were no worse than QOS and hardly worse, by a distance, than Alloa. And no club "deserves" to be relegated because they were bottom of the league within 2 points of the team above and with a game in hand at a random point in the season.

4 minutes ago, Walter said:

I don't accept any of that. We were no worse than QOS and hardly worse, by a distance, than Alloa. And no club "deserves" to be relegated because they were bottom of the league within 2 points of the team above and with a game in hand at a random point in the season.

Who was your game in hand with?

had a wee look at the OS to kill time and try to guess at who might still be here for a bit longer when the dust settles.
- one of archibald or scally will be gone
-All the loanees are already away (cole, o'connor, mayo and barjonas). Cant see any of them coming back, bar maybe Mayo on another loan at a push if mccall can swing it.
- i think penrice, jones, cardle, mackinnon and mansell will go. Fox and bannigan i rate at 50/50, depends more on whether anyone in the 2nd tier wants to sign them
- i think the rest are more likely to stay than not for one reason or another (joined in january/found their level) but all depends on how swingeing the cuts are going to need to be and who is on bigger contracts/maybe dont have any kind of relegation clauses to activate
[emoji52]

I’ve no idea what happens practically about bringing players in. Nothing is going to happen until end of June at the earliest I’d imagine. The transfer window won’t kick in at the end of August.

Clubs are surely going to be reluctant to spend too much on new wages, given lack of ticket money coming in. Players may be more inclined to stick with what they know.

Who knows basically.

2 hours ago, Walter said:

You were demonstrably worse than both of those teams as the points per game showed. The table itself shows that you were worse than Alloa.

55 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

You were demonstrably worse than both of those teams as the points per game showed. The table itself shows that you were worse than Alloa.

Except a fair comparison would involve taking like for like games played (i.e. both having played the same number of games and having played the same teams the same number of times).

This is literally why we replay postponed or abandoned football matches in a season, rather than just awarding the league based on points average regardless of how many fixtures a team completes.

But of course you know this and are on the wind-up, so congratulations, I guess.

Edited by Ad Lib

4 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

Except a fair comparison would involve taking like for like games played (i.e. both having played the same number of games and having played the same teams the same number of times).

This is literally why we replay postponed or abandoned football matches in a season, rather than just awarding the league based on points average regardless of how many fixtures a team completes.

But of course you know this and are on the wind-up, so congratulations, I guess.

Not on the wind up. In fact it must be you who is on the wind up if you believe Partick Thistle are better than Alloa and not deservedly bottom of the table.

4 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

Except a fair comparison would involve taking like for like games played (i.e. both having played the same number of games and having played the same number of teams the same number of times).

Points per game is also used in seasons when you don't get pandemics which render the further playing of matches impossible.

As you know.